Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

First day of Winter Friday so we need this Northerly to come off as time is definitely not on our side. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
41 minutes ago, Snowstalker said:

no worries I didn't think you were rude at all! Ive often though of booking a snowy get away to get my snow fix but a recent change of circumstances have made that near on impossible, for the next few years atleast. I also totally get that the melodramtics can get tiresome, its just so very frustrating year after year after year of no snow, although I have to say last winter was the worst, it was the most boring mundain dry still winter I can ever remember here in the very far southeast, so anything we get this year will be an improvement on that, hopefully.

I swear the melodrama gets worse every year on here, it must be the lack of snow over the last few winters. There'll be good snow events again, we might be in a milder cycle of winters but 2010 still happened and I've seen snow falling and settling here most winters, albeit very briefly. Last year was quite boring, not much excitement happened weather wise but we did have a lot of cold, sunny days which I love and not too much rain. I still have a gut feeling that this winter will throw a few surprises, and it's only about to begin. 3 months of potential :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I'm confused, apparently winter is over cos the models have backtracked in FI today, am I right? 

So why then, whilst it's still Nov, am I currently watching snow falling outside my house, and accumulating? 

:fool: 

• Like 4

Posted

It’s always amusing viewing others hypermanic reactions to each and every model run and then go to proclaim that said run is set in stone at +264hrs, until the next run of course.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Some dry cold sunny weather at the tail end of Autumn, I'm not complaining, and as S.B has just said  winter has to start yet, (21st December in my book )  Plenty of time for something interesting. .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Word of the models must've got around to the local bird population around here. I spotted a lot of Robin's putting the berries back on the holly trees today. :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
25 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

I'm confused, apparently winter is over cos the models have backtracked in FI today, am I right? 

So why then, whilst it's still Nov, am I currently watching snow falling outside my house, and accumulating? 

:fool: 

Winter's over just in time as we have another one starting on Friday! :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
23 hours ago, draztik said:

this is how today has gone.

9am - WINTER. OVER. KAPUT. 

12pm - Hmm...

5pm - OH.

7pm - OMG, 'come on ECM, get with it'. 

11PM - :yahoo:

tomorrow, expect the same, though not necessarily in that order. 

Rinse & repeat kind of day - with the 11PM update turning from :yahoo: to :sorry:

---

Unlike the models, at least with the vodka, my ups and downs are based on real events :drunk-emoji:

(it's always jam tomorrow with the mods, be it in summer or winter)

giphy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy
1 hour ago, joggs said:

Models are sadistic. will be models

EFA

Posted

Dont worry though, everyone will see a chance of something at T=196 and off they go chasing rainbows  ..always chasing rainbows

Madness - the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

Why do they do it to themselves!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
31 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Dont worry though, everyone will see a chance of something at T=196 and off they go chasing rainbows  ..always chasing rainbows

Madness - the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result

Why do they do it to themselves!

Same every year looks great at 240 then always stays there sometimes gets down to 8 day charts then goes back to another 2 days again chasing it again. I love the snow but 99.9 percent of the time the boom charts dont happen.

Edited by pegg24
  • Like 1

Posted

Not really it was showing another Northerly next week too,and Ecm output been all over the place .but even the bbc forecasters thought a Northerly was incoming next week,shows you looking at charts beyond about 5 days out is really useless if you want to make a forecast from them.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Seriously giving up on the models - in the past I have used them for the Cumbrian mountaineering excursions - It's just getting a waste of time tbh  - Yesterday for example (and it's not the first time) it looked like a half decent Northerly was on the cards next week -  today a possible raging Atlantic - wife says "just look out of the window" - she may be right - if people are keen on pouring hours over seemingly endless feeds of data and it gives them a buzz fair do but I am beginning to think it is all one big waste of time

Computers eh?

Edited by Iceaxecrampon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
11 minutes ago, knocker said:

Sidney........................

gfs_t2maf_slp_uk2_30.png

Ha Ha

All happy in the MOD thread again,well at least until 1630 this afternoon.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

There's a cold evolution showing on the GFS 06Z, at around T192, with a deep low situated over the Low Countries bringing gales and snow to much of the UK. Cue mass hysteria! 

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

There's a cold evolution showing on the GFS 06Z, at around T192. Cue mass hysteria!

Exactly SB - how can a cold spell that keeps being plonked back into FI be a cause for celebration? Isn't that what happened all the way thru December and January, last year?:D

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
On 11/8/2017 at 07:56, knocker said:

Don't forget the trend is your friend :shok:

cfs_anom_t2m_eur_201712_28.thumb.png.b123ad6d26e9771477c99d9eb1d4de09.png

I accidently pressed on the wrong thread and this post came up first. I thought I should repost it lol!

Posted
12 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

I accidently pressed on the wrong thread and this post came up first. I thought I should repost it lol!

Yes there has been a slight downgrade but things are back on the up :closedeyes:

cfs_anom_t2m_eur_2017112918_m2.thumb.png.ff2b3c20d5b5c37a0c73944a883010b1.pngcfs_anom_t2m_eur_2017112918_m3.thumb.png.4f5de75b85a69c08d1590da9c1481e3f.png

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted

Well a great start to winter so far up here. Snow is plentiful. Taking the little one out for his first experience of the white stuff and it's only November. 

Can't understand what all the fuss is about. Oh wait a minute the majority of the members (London) live in the wrong part of the country. Like we say it is grim down south ? enjoy! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Sidney........................

gfs_t2maf_slp_uk2_30.png

That's the day of my aunt's funeral down in Essex.:cray:  Warmth would be very handy, though dry would also be welcome.

Posted
11 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

That's the day of my aunt's funeral down in Essex.:cray:  Warmth would be very handy, though dry would also be welcome.

sorry to hear about your auntie chris :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
9 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

sorry to hear about your auntie chris :(

Thanks.  She'd been in great pain for quite a while, so her passing was a release.  We're helping her son (my cousin) as most of his late father's family down there are either no longer with us or don't seem interested. 

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman