Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
15 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

How much longer, models? How much longer must I wait before the threat of "heat" abates? Middle of October and the ECM is trying for nigh on mid-twenties on the south. Absolutely vile.

Absolutely lovely. Will go some small way to mitigating the vile, chilly Atlantic filth that ruined high summer. Will be much cooler in Lancashire so you don't need to worry too much.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Absolutely lovely. Will go some small way to mitigating the vile, chilly Atlantic filth that ruined high summer. Will be much cooler in Lancashire so you don't need to worry too much.

Fair point. Swings and roundabouts come to mind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Have you seen how low the diurnal range is on some of these "warm" days? Looks very humid to me. Whats to enjoy about that?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Enjoy they say. Enjoy what? We should be getting into full autumn mode now ,and trying to get set up for the winter,not this return of summer nonsense.

06_105_mslp500.thumb.png.a103fd8c4e2fb8d868c81e2335d0c403.png

Peter-Griffin-Hanged-90752.gif

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow
24 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

...feeling more like summer apart from scotland from later this week! Enjoy.:)

:wallbash: .....and that line there Frosty sums up how the whole of Summer was for my neck of the woods...:nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
6 minutes ago, sundog said:

Enjoy they say. Enjoy what? We should be getting into full autumn mode now ,and trying to get set up for the winter,not this return of summer nonsense.

06_105_mslp500.thumb.png.a103fd8c4e2fb8d868c81e2335d0c403.png

Peter-Griffin-Hanged-90752.gif

I've just seen my future in that image...

Does that sodding continent ever cool down?

Posted
5 minutes ago, DR(S)NO said:

:wallbash: .....and that line there Frosty sums up how the whole of Summer was for my neck of the woods...:nonono:

You don't know how lucky you've been imo.

Posted

After the coming warmth, the weekly ECM Eps seems to show above average temperatures for the rest of the month for the UK, although not even close to the extreme coming up. Colder air seems to be tucked into south east Europe and caspian sea areas. CFSv2 broadly similar the the next 20 days as well.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, jvenge said:

After the coming warmth, the weekly ECM Eps seems to show above average temperatures for the rest of the month for the UK, although not even close to the extreme coming up. Colder air seems to be tucked into south east Europe and caspian sea areas. CFSv2 broadly similar the the next 20 days as well.

Ever hear the phrase "be careful what you wish for?" all of those people applauding the AH right now will be cursing it pretty soon as it continues to deny you the winter you want.

• Like 3

Posted
29 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Ever hear the phrase "be careful what you wish for?" all of those people applauding the AH right now will be cursing it pretty soon as it continues to deny you the winter you want.

No not all! If it snows I'll enjoy it, but a big fat winter long Barty, (are we old-timers still allowed to call it that?), would suit many of us just fine!

• Like 2

Posted

I haven't looked at the other thread yet but i dare say they must be all a titter now theres a good long period if AH October 'heat' coming up.

Strange on a weather enthusiasts website but there we are.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

Normally I cant stand cold and always hoping for mild winters but for some reason be kl for a snowy winter, I like a really stormy autum (Is that wrong to wish?i know it damaging & effects people but I find extra-tropical cyclones/wind storms fastinating my favourite weather phenomenon next to heatwaves) 

Posted

Come march they will be wondering what went wrong with the winter. Given our changing climate and recent history record or near record heat at this time of the yr is a no no if you want a cool winter imo. Egging it on like they have done other yrs and the same fools at it again lol.

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, sundog said:

Come march they will be wondering what went wrong with the winter. Given our changing climate and recent history record or near record heat at this time of the yr is a no no if you want a cool winter imo. Egging it on like they have done other yrs and the same fools at it again lol.

Just imagine what it'd be like if london was where Greenland was now. We'd likely never see a summer again. Maybe Kimmy can arrange it after he nukes us.

Posted
6 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

daytime maxims, yes. But have you seen how low the diurnal range is? Smacks of humidity to me. I can understand liking warmth. No, scratch that, I can't...

But wanting humidity? Mind boggling.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Personally I am looking forward to the brief warm up,give me a chance to give the lawns

One last cut and maybe one last meal sat out on the decking,hopefully I can squeeze a 20

Or 21c out of this brief warmth spell.

C.S. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

daytime maxims, yes. But have you seen how low the diurnal range is? Smacks of humidity to me. I can understand liking warmth. No, scratch that, I can't...

I don't particularly want humidity. Even if it is humid though, it won't feel too oppressive seeing as it's approaching mid October. I've not turned the heating on yet this autumn and if that is delayed further, saving my hard earned cash, no problem with me. I doubt this warmer spell will last long anyway. 

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

The good news is that lower soil moisture profiles mean less modification of cold air when it finally comes. It does look horrid though. Ophelia at least saves us and the 18z has a northerly by day 9.

Posted
45 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

The good news is that lower soil moisture profiles mean less modification of cold air when it finally comes. It does look horrid though. Ophelia at least saves us and the 18z has a northerly by day 9.

Just when you think the model outputs can't get any worse. I fear to imagine what the ECM has in store come the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Look out Norwegian Sea, trouble heading your way!! :oops:

59de368182c14_smileyfriendorfoe.thumb.png.7d73744c67c6be94f0f9c8e1610b6493.png

Or is it a smiley face

smiley.thumb.png.799d5ca8fa71987756abf043fe1bd7f2.png

:pardon:

Edited by karlos1983
  • Thanks 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Look out Norwegian Sea, trouble heading your way!! :oops:

59de368182c14_smileyfriendorfoe.thumb.png.7d73744c67c6be94f0f9c8e1610b6493.png

Or is it a smiley face

smiley.thumb.png.799d5ca8fa71987756abf043fe1bd7f2.png

:pardon:

Nice autumnal chart,i hope the model isnt acting the b***ocks though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
22 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Doesn't bother me really. I don't find humidity to be an issue until it's past 25C, and even then it's tolerable. A humid 30C isn't too pretty though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 hours ago, cheese said:

Doesn't bother me really. I don't find humidity to be an issue until it's past 25C, and even then it's tolerable. A humid 30C isn't too pretty though.

Think it depends what you are doing to be honest,with my job anything over 20c and humid to any degree makes life tough,just for cooling down leaving site,but non working mid 20's yes are bearable,not enjoyable but liveable with. Anything over that is revolting weather which thankfully rarely makes it to my part of the country:)

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted

Have to say these storm projections for monday are making me nervous. Dread to think how bad it could get. Sodding temps were bad enough, but now we have the real possibility of very destructive winds. I'm sure the "enthusiasts" will enjoy it though... :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
12 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Have to say these storm projections for monday are making me nervous. Dread to think how bad it could get. Sodding temps were bad enough, but now we have the real possibility of very destructive winds. I'm sure the "enthusiasts" will enjoy it though... :nonono:

It's Autumn strong winds are to be expected the worst at the stage looks to be in south west Ireland