Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 minute ago, IanR said:

I hope we get another snowless winter :) 

Sadly, I'd say its a given.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

So do I....

Why? I wouldn't wish for a sunless summer!

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

Must not be a chionophile lol

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Must not be a chionophile lol

After goggle answer.....yes i am!:)

Posted
3 minutes ago, markyo said:

After goggle answer.....yes i am!:)

Sadly I think this will sum up winter...

nvmd.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

IanR's on ignore, can still see his posts! typical member wanting snowless winter, knows he'll get his wish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
3 hours ago, cheese said:

It will vary across the country but September here is one the sunniest months of the year in percentage terms (sunnier than June), and also one of the driest - both in total precipitation and precipitation days. It might be different in Western areas but September in this neck of the woods, on average, is far from being unsettled in any sense of the world.

Oh wow. June is most certainly sunnier than September down here but mainly because Septembers southwesterlies are often cloudy here whereas I'd imagine you'd be sunnier, versus June's easterlies which would give you more cloud.

Very typical September weather down here so far this month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
11 hours ago, markyo said:

you expect us to accept your constant moanings about summer warmth, but cant seem to comprehend that some of us dont like cold weather.  you cite hayfever, i cite intollerance to cold .

• Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

you expect us to accept your constant moanings about summer warmth, but cant seem to comprehend that some of us dont like cold weather.  you cite hayfever, i cite intollerance to cold .

Don't follow that one at all i'm afraid,:cc_confused: I dislike the humid hot weather for working in,anybody would who does my line of work will do.Does your intollerence of cold give you a headache,trouble sleeping? I love a warm summers day sat out relaxing just like most folk. No idea where you coming from for that one,sorry.

• Like 1

Posted

Please please please can we have just one season where we don't have threads spiraling into this bloody coldies vs mildies crap!? It's childish and ruins the threads for those of us who are here purely for the weather.

• Like 4

Posted

I do understand how "coldies" dislike headaches in the summer and stifling humidity etc because i suffer with it too - luckily though, the conditions conducive to migraines etc occur for a grand total of about 2 weeks a year - the remaining 50 are beige, breezy, cool, dull bilge.

I would quite like a seasonal winter this year - 1. Because i could work from home instead of commuting to the office if it actually decides to snow. 2. It's nice and atmospheric for Halloween, Bonfire Night and Christmas.

I don't like winter particularly at all, but i don't actually mind the cold when it's settled and not howling with wind and lashing rain. A nice settled Autumn with mellow mists and all that jazz with a cold and bright winter (interspersed with the odd snow event, maybe a blizzard or too for good measure) would be lovely.

I just cant stand endless days of wind and frontal rain. It's miserable and you cant get anything done.

I think I struggle with winter the most after the turn of the year. By the end of Christmas, I am fed up with the dark and wet and yearn for a return to warmer weather, which ironically doesn't really ever come because we have a climate conducive to perpetual Autumn. The longer daylight hours I definitely look forward to.

Anyway, went off on a bit of a tangent. I hope this winter delivers, even for those who were absolutely reveling in the disgusting summer washout weather and enjoy 11 degrees and grey.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, markyo said:

Don't follow that one at all i'm afraid,:cc_confused: I dislike the humid hot weather for working in,anybody would who does my line of work will do.Does your intollerence of cold give you a headache,trouble sleeping? I love a warm summers day sat out relaxing just like most folk. No idea where you coming from for that one,sorry.

and therein lies the problem.

Posted

anybody STILL think september is a summer month?... lol... seriously, even if it was sunny and warm, the leaves are clearly turning, they have lost there summer verdant glow, the growth has stopped, everythings shabby, dying, shutting down.

imho its high time the 'official' seasonal dates were changed to the metereological ones which reflesct natures idea of the seasons far more accurately.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, mushymanrob said:

anybody STILL think september is a summer month?... lol... seriously, even if it was sunny and warm, the leaves are clearly turning, they have lost there summer verdant glow, the growth has stopped, everythings shabby, dying, shutting down.

imho its high time the 'official' seasonal dates were changed to the metereological ones which reflesct natures idea of the seasons far more accurately.

It certainly can be, Mushy...As I've said before, the weather knows nothing of human definitions?:D

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, markyo said:

I'm sure cold/snow/ice isn't pleasant for a lot of people in many professions to work in either. And cold is just as uncomfortable to sleep in if your house is poorly insulated or you can't afford the heating bill.

Two sides to every argument...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

The fact is that extremes of weather are unpleasant for large groups of people whatever form it arrives in. Be it excessive heat and drought, brutal cold, storm force winds or biblical rainfall - people will be suffering in one for or another. Luckily the UK is largely spared the very worst in extremes compared to other parts of the world, and we should be grateful for this! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well and truly autumnal here, mild still but lots of cloud, wind and showers. September might be often warm but as Mushy says, everything is now clearly starting to die down and get ready for winter. 

Posted

Seems some are getting touchy because I happen to hate snow ,I find it an annoying nuisance , whats wrong with not wanting a particular type of weather !   I dont mind cold crisp clear weather with blue skies , and I like rain and gales in the winter, but not in summer ,    but snow,no thanks , you can keep it  

Cant see the difference between that, and people on here wanting grey cool rainy weather all through summer , and constantly gloating when it does so

Seems it was all too much to hear for some , pathetic 

oh well

Edited by IanR
  • Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, ManiaMuse said:

I'm sure cold/snow/ice isn't pleasant for a lot of people in many professions to work in either. And cold is just as uncomfortable to sleep in if your house is poorly insulated or you can't afford the heating bill.

Two sides to every argument...

Oh for the love of god i'm not saying that cold can't be unplesent to work in!. Please read the post properly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, markyo said:

Oh for the love of god i'm not saying that cold can't be unplesent to work in!. Please read the post properly

Ignore that member Mark!