Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Rite lovely Yorkshire weather this morning,so much more comfortable for us old farts so can't moan or whine at all!:D

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

As giddy as some are getting at the prospect of 25C in the south east it's worth saying that the models continue to be very unsettled and that if we don't get a sufficient pressure build then all a trough orientating SW-NE will do is pep up the rainfall intensity. 

Still, for those of us who prefer our heat early the outlook is pretty good. 

Posted

Looking at the model charts and the met extended forecast,who have been excellent recently,certainly looks grim for rest of summer. We have had a pretty good one down here.Several days over 30c,some storms and just enough rain. Shame further north and west havent been so fortunate. Always next summer I suppose.

Posted

August concerns me, in fact it concerns me greatly, the waxing and waning of the continental heat , thus far , has only grazed us, and we have been 'lucky'  to dodge the bullets , can our luck hold out? Or will we be staring down the barrel of an MG42 on steroids?

Fingers crossed.:help:

Posted
4 hours ago, SW1988 said:

Looking at the model charts and the met extended forecast,who have been excellent recently,certainly looks grim for rest of summer. We have had a pretty good one down here.Several days over 30c,some storms and just enough rain. Shame further north and west havent been so fortunate. Always next summer I suppose.

Eh? The METO extended forecast which kept on saying there would be a settled spell starting in the middle of July, then the end of July, then not at all?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Eh? The METO extended forecast which kept on saying there would be a settled spell starting in the middle of July, then the end of July, then not at all?

I've never seen the MetO print a definitive statement on conditions, when looking at the longer range outlook... They use terminology such as 'signals', and lets be honest, the folks posting in the model thread were saying exactly the same. So let's not single out the MetO?!

Posted
16 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I've never seen the MetO print a definitive statement on conditions, when looking at the longer range outlook... They use terminology such as 'signals', and lets be honest, the folks posting in the model thread were saying exactly the same. So let's not single out the MetO?!

It wasn't a criticism of the METO, I'm well aware of the pitfalls of long range forecasts. It was incredulity that the poster thought that they had been "excellent" recently.

Edited by davehsug

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I'm criticising the MetO today, the forecast was for sunshine and showers today, not 8 hours of cold and steady soaking rain, that's still going strong now. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
50 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

August concerns me, in fact it concerns me greatly, the waxing and waning of the continental heat , thus far , has only grazed us, and we have been 'lucky'  to dodge the bullets , can our luck hold out? Or will we be staring down the barrel of an MG42 on steroids?

Fingers crossed.:help:

MG42:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Personally, I'll be glad when I see the back of Summer. Every day its a 4x a day stress-fest about what the models are going to show next. GFS 18z sums that up nicely. Hope to god its an outlier. Settled and average would be nice. Beyond that, it can do one.

The constant ramping on the model thread with even the *smallest* insinuation is also tiresome.

Edited by Ice Man 85
more to add
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
16 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Personally, I'll be glad when I see the back of Summer. Every day its a 4x a day stress-fest about what the models are going to show next. GFS 18z sums that up nicely. Hope to god its an outlier. Settled and average would be nice. Beyond that, it can do one.

The constant ramping on the model thread with even the *smallest* insinuation is also tiresome.

Happens every Winter as well. The same suspects ramping up cold 10 days away.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

I recall Knocker saying something about that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
6 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Guilty as charged, looking forward to the welcome return from hibernation of the cold mafia later this year!:D

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 3

Posted
40 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Guilty as charged, looking forward to the welcome return from hibernation of the cold mafia later this year!:D

Frosty,isn't that the reason for coming on this site,we are here for a bit of fun and banter! You certainly have nothing to be guilty about,i'm sure many would miss folk like yourself if they stopped posting!:)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well I'm hoping the GFS 18z is onto something as the last few days have been dreadful with hours and hours of rain and cold temperatures (14C most of yesterday, no words). I want my 28C back please and sharpish!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Some posts have been hidden, Just model moans and ramps please in here. It's not for moaning about other members.

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
42 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Well I'm hoping the GFS 18z is onto something as the last few days have been dreadful with hours and hours of rain and cold temperatures (14C most of yesterday, no words). I want my 28C back please and sharpish!

Yeah what's happened?? We *finally* get our thundery breakdown and the very next day all the heat is stolen away for us... is it a punishment you think?

Posted

Please report any posts you deem unsuitable, Thanks.

More off topic posts have gone. Please let's keep away from discussing other members posting styles once and for all.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.
5 hours ago, Frosty. said:

Some of us never leave....

• Like 2

Posted

Models again showing us down here as getting a few shots of heat in next few weeks,some rain too. Really has been a great sunmer so far,this weekend not great mind,though a welcome relief from the heat to be honest. Further north and wesr looking quite dismal for the foreseeable,quite autumnal up there. Another poor ending tp summer away from the SE by the met outlook and models.Atlantic will soon be getting into its autumn phase.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
9 hours ago, markyo said:

Frosty,isn't that the reason for coming on this site,we are here for a bit of fun and banter! You certainly have nothing to be guilty about,i'm sure many would miss folk like yourself if they stopped posting!:)

I certainly wasn't trying to put people off posting, I'm not a vindictive type of person. I was just having a bit of a moan really. I know that Frosty isn't the type of person to run away & hide no matter what people say. Along with knocker & JH he's probably the most regular poster on the mod thread all through the year.

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

I certainly wasn't trying to put people off posting, I'm not a vindictive type of person. I was just having a bit of a moan really. I know that Frosty isn't the type of person to run away & hide no matter what people say. Along with knocker & JH he's probably the most regular poster on the mod thread all through the year.

I agree,we all need a moan at times!:) Weatherwise i mean:D

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
3 hours ago, markyo said:

I agree,we all need a moan at times!:) Weatherwise i mean:D

And this is the perfect place to moan, at least I thought it was until this morning :rolleyes:

• Like 1