Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
16 minutes ago, markyo said:

Thankfully looking much better by the weekend,fresher cleaner air on it's way,much nicer!:) That crap from the continent isn't hanging around,what a relief.

typical mid week plume, happened last few years, mid July tends to be when the westerlies arrive, I reckon a westerly dominated rest of July

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
13 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

typical mid week plume, happened last few years, mid July tends to be when the westerlies arrive, I reckon a westerly dominated rest of July

Certainly looking like it 252,plenty of time left for those heat lovers though.....plenty of finger crossing time for me as well!:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
2 hours ago, weatherguru14 said:

fresher and cleaner?? .. its not been exactly warm in  Yorkshire as It? wait  one day tomorrow looks   humid..one day Is worth morning about.

Curtains drawn back to reveal another lovely summers dawn in Skipton ! Hills shrouded in cloud, thick drizzle dripping non stop off the trees. Under floor heating kicking in ( 12c)  outside and a chill NE wind . Was not expecting that. Looks nice down south today, think we will trouble to break up the front here. 3 more days then off to the sun.

C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
49 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Curtains drawn back to reveal another lovely summers dawn in Skipton ! Hills shrouded in cloud, thick drizzle dripping non stop off the trees. Under floor heating kicking in ( 12c)  outside and a chill NE wind . Was not expecting that. Looks nice down south today, think we will trouble to break up the front here. 3 more days then off to the sun.

C

12C? That's awful! Get yourself down here, gorgeous weather.

IMG_4447.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
23 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

IMG_4447.JPG

not bad here, just more cumulus now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Also gorgeous here:

image.jpeg

Unfortunately for summer lovers, the south is going to take first prize for sun and warmth. The price one pays I suppose for having better winters up there.

Looks like the reliable timeframe keeps the warm theme going with varying degrees of settled and unsettled.

Edited by MP-R
Pressed post too soon!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

IMG_4447.JPG

Yes, this weekend I move to East Sussex and staying there until end of September and then back home to Austria. Still cloudy here as noon approaches and still bits of rain. Temp now 14c , wow .

• Like 1

Posted

yeah well my part of the world..  its  sunny to north in Scotland and  sunny to the south   and we stuck under one single  cloudy finger of a low.maybe this afternoon  It will actually burn back  to leave a sunny afternoon..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Currently enjoying glorious hot sunshine in Surrey but concerned at the current timing of our family holiday to north Devon from Saturday. Sod's law that the forecast is poor just as our two-week break starts near Exmoor.

Timing couldn't be worse! 

Posted
12 minutes ago, Jezzer said:

Currently enjoying glorious hot sunshine in Surrey but concerned at the current timing of our family holiday to north Devon from Saturday. Sod's law that the forecast is poor just as our two-week break starts near Exmoor.

Timing couldn't be worse! 

This time last week, this week looked pretty abysmal at times. Fortunes change very quickly so I highly doubt it will be poor for two weeks, especially every day.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
23 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I feel the same way when the model thread gets 2-3 posts a day...

Currently 3 online in the MOD, could be even quieter next week.:D:whistling:

Edited by Frosty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous here! Shame it won't last long.

IMG_4448.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
5 hours ago, weatherguru14 said:

yeah well my part of the world..  its  sunny to north in Scotland and  sunny to the south   and we stuck under one single  cloudy finger of a low.maybe this afternoon  It will actually burn back  to leave a sunny afternoon..

Well, that never happened. Today was actually cooler than forecast and never exceeded 20C.

Tomorrow looks much warmer at 26C but it won't last long. I don't have much hope for the rest of summer tbh, especially if we keep on getting these ridiculous contrasts from north to south that really shouldn't be happening to the extent that they are.

Edited by cheese

Posted
1 hour ago, cheese said:

Well, that never happened. Today was actually cooler than forecast and never exceeded 20C.

Tomorrow looks much warmer at 26C but it won't last long. I don't have much hope for the rest of summer tbh, especially if we keep on getting these ridiculous contrasts from north to south that really shouldn't be happening to the extent that they are.

Obviously the further south you go the weather gets warmer.. But I agree its been ridiculous..we should be  getting better weather than we are.. The problem is the wind direction its a westerly so everything is flat.. If it switched to SW we would have much more chance of the weather front further north..  Just basically stuck over us and went nowhere..And  I  agree again.  don't hold much hope for any prolonged warmth for  the northern part of the UK this Summer.

Edited by weatherguru14

Posted
3 minutes ago, Spikey M said:

I would happily swap weather with those of you up north. Can't stand this muggy rubbish.

Must be awful,bad enough up North!

Posted
1 hour ago, weatherguru14 said:

Obviously the further south you go the weather gets warmer.. But I agree its been ridiculous..we should be  getting better weather than we are.. The problem is the wind direction its a westerly so everything is flat.. If it switched to SW we would have much more chance of the weather front further north..  Just basically stuck over us and went nowhere..And  I  agree again.  don't hold much hope for any prolonged warmth for  the northern part of the UK this Summer.

Depends on your definition of warmth,20c to 24ish yep warmth,anything over...hot and uncomfortable for many.

Posted
1 hour ago, Spikey M said:

I would happily swap weather with those of you up north. Can't stand this muggy rubbish.

And it's not even muggy yet!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Depends on your definition of warmth,20c to 24ish yep warmth,anything over...hot and uncomfortable for many.

Could well see that again if the end of the ECM's latest run is right. Feel like I've just been kicked in the gut. The last thing we need this time of year is real influence from that vile Azores High. I really hope to god its gone nearer the time :wallbash:

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Could well see that again if the end of the ECM's latest run is right. Feel like I've just been kicked in the gut. The last thing we need this time of year is real influence from that vile Azores High. I really hope to god its gone nearer the time :wallbash:

The ECM 240 chart is about as reliable as a flea!

ECM1-240.GIF?05-0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

ECM1-240.GIF?05-0

I'll be glad once the autumn arrives and the weaker sun and shorter nights put the kibosh on anything like that (up north at least). My sanity is being sorely tested by these wretched heat incursions or the possibility of them at least.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

something like  2013/2014 Julys?   problem  is  when you have a strongish westerly a  21c/22c doesn't feel  like that...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
9 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

ECM1-240.GIF?05-0

yep, that will not happen unless its a transitory affair.

pity... MORE HEAT PLEASE...

• Like 1