Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Polar Maritime

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Dry, yes. Hot, hell no.

 

20/21 is enough for me. Still above average, but COMFORTABLE. 16/17c nights can go and hang.

Dew would affect allergies, so cool nights in Aug/Sept I don't want

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the ECM looks cooler, back to average for next weekend but hard to say after that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Dry, yes. Hot, hell no.

 

20/21 is enough for me. Still above average, but COMFORTABLE. 16/17c nights can go and hang.

Agree with you about nights, not looking forward to tonight. It's still 27oC and the forecast is 20oC minimum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's more like it for June!

2017-06-18.thumb.png.5e15d7f7fe2f1b2fb6b9fc3c19d51eac.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice UKMO 12Z showing much cooler air by thursday, hopefully this ghastly weather is the last this summer, everyone is sick to death of this heat, last winter was tons more pleasureable, a repeat for next winter will do me just fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eugene said:

Nice UKMO 12Z showing much cooler air by thursday, hopefully this ghastly weather is the last this summer, everyone is sick to death of this heat, last winter was tons more pleasureable, a repeat for next winter will do me just fine.

you're a lot of fun ,move to the land of the midnight sun :nonono:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Nice UKMO 12Z showing much cooler air by thursday, hopefully this ghastly weather is the last this summer, everyone is sick to death of this heat, last winter was tons more pleasureable, a repeat for next winter will do me just fine.

No one I know is sick of this weather, on the contrary, everyone seems to be loving it. We get enough cool crap in this country, a few days of heat and it's Armageddon. Otherwise known as summer. It'll cool down soon enough.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Nice UKMO 12Z showing much cooler air by thursday, hopefully this ghastly weather is the last this summer, everyone is sick to death of this heat, last winter was tons more pleasureable, a repeat for next winter will do me just fine.

I hope you mean summer? Because last winter was awful, perpetually stuck in 8-12oC.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If everyone is sick of this heat then they have a funny way of showing it. In town today there were loads of people taking advantage of the weather by eating and drinking outdoors. Cafe culture at its best.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cheese said:

If everyone is sick of this heat then they have a funny way of showing it. In town today there were loads of people taking advantage of the weather by eating and drinking outdoors. Cafe culture at its best.

Well said cheese ,can't understand folk who moan about a little hot spell , enjoy it 8)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Nice UKMO 12Z showing much cooler air by thursday, hopefully this ghastly weather is the last this summer, everyone is sick to death of this heat, last winter was tons more pleasureable, a repeat for next winter will do me just fine.

It sucked! winters before 1998 were great

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I've said before those who enjoy the heat have it much better than those who enjoy the cold. Its absolutely stifling where I am right now. I am sick of having to sit in the dark because having lights on add to the heat even more. I have a good quality pedestal fan on full blast and its still oppressive.

I would love nothing more than to have dry and sunny weather with comfortable temps. But you can't have that after mid-may here. Its all plumes this, and heatwaves that. 20/11 or 22/12 is enough for me. 17c+ nights can go and hang. I have no idea how the southerners enjoy it; must be a good 20-21 overnight easily.

 

We have been cheated out of cold winters now for about 7 years. Was mild as hell last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

you're a lot of fun ,move to the land of the midnight sun :nonono:

Just as soon as you move to Seville...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just looking at my solar graphs from yesterday and today, i'm sure it reminds me of something, just cannot put my finger on it!?

chart.thumb.png.451b6428e6b589fd92a08c4540ca5c77.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely stunning out there even now- doesn't get much better! Today has been one of the best days I can remember in the UK. Truly stunning clear blue sky, beautiful air quality and very hot feeling sun. Lovely to get this sort of spell around the solstice when the sun is at its highest. 

Big shame about Thursday for those of us north of the Midlands- last night it looked like we would have a potential 30C+ day on the cards with some incredible uppers- now apparently we will be struggling to reach 70F if the BBC forecast is correct!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I was just looking at my solar graphs from yesterday and today, i'm sure it reminds me of something, just cannot put my finger on it!?

chart.thumb.png.451b6428e6b589fd92a08c4540ca5c77.png

A camel!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2017 at 17:24, Ice Man 85 said:

Shows how damn bias this site is; the number of posts of mine that have been removed from the output threads for falling out of context, yet there's not much moaning from you sunworshippers is there? Goinf to remove their posts, mods?

 

I cannot wait until the winter comes and the sun doesn't show itself for weeks. I will gloat the living daylights out of the heat lovers akin to what captain shockwave did earlier to us.

 

Our time will come again....

 

giphy.gif

You'll  be wasting your time gloating, in the summer I like hot weather and in the winter I like cold weather so gloat away if you like but it won't bother me one bit!

As for this current hot spell, long may it continue and hopefully we'll be seeing more hot spells through the rest of summer. The weather over this weekend was awesome, just perfect for the 2 day airshow here, and I swear I saw someone in this thread say summer was a useless season lol. I'd call winter a useless season personally, not much you can do for months unless you want to go out and get soaked with frequent wind & rain, can't stand windy weather  myself so last autumn & early winter made a nice change from the usual wind & rain dross we have to put up. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smartie said:

You'll  be wasting your time gloating, in the summer I like hot weather and in the winter I like cold weather so gloat away if you like but it won't bother me one bit!

As for this current hot spell, long may it continue and hopefully we'll be seeing more hot spells through the rest of summer. The weather over this weekend was awesome, just perfect for the 2 day airshow here, and I swear I saw someone in this thread say summer was a useless season lol. I'd call winter a useless season personally, not much you can do for months unless you want to go out and get soaked with frequent wind & rain, can't stand windy weather  myself so last autumn & early winter made a nice change from the usual wind & rain dross we have to put up. 

 

Not much you can do in the heat if you feel dizzy as soon as you step outside the door. I'm tired of sitting in the dark because its too hot to have lights on. I'm tired of having my sleep disrupted. I'm tired of feeling sick and dizzy all day.

Summer is a vile season. We can't have nice weather without heat from sodding europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

I was just looking at my solar graphs from yesterday and today, i'm sure it reminds me of something, just cannot put my finger on it!?

chart.thumb.png.451b6428e6b589fd92a08c4540ca5c77.png

Very sexy , mumspantz , I'm glad you keep Abreast of things .... :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

I was just looking at my solar graphs from yesterday and today, i'm sure it reminds me of something, just cannot put my finger on it!?

chart.thumb.png.451b6428e6b589fd92a08c4540ca5c77.png

Madonna, is that you?!

2CB8378F00000578-3247551-image-a-37_1443

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sat out for a bit today but in no time ended up in a pool of sweat - not my idea of fun so came back inside, there wasn't much of a breeze to take the edge off. 

In the meantime after seeing some posts in here I have invested in a mobile air conditioner unit which works a treat - no sweating in the bedroom tonight! :D should have got one ages ago!

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Sat out for a bit today but in no time ended up in a pool of sweat - not my idea of fun so came back inside, there wasn't much of a breeze to take the edge off. 

In the meantime after seeing some posts in here I have invested in a mobile air conditioner unit which works a treat - no sweating in the bedroom tonight! :D should have got one ages ago!

May I ask where you got it and for how much? Fans don't cut it in this filth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First overly warm night for sleeping last night here. Better downstairs though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a awful start to the working week weather wise,20c at 7am,house like a oven. Horrid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...