Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted

And maybe Gavin and Frosty should move to the SE of England, they continually bang on about how great its gonna be down here!

Posting purely for 'likes' Frosty....:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
14 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Not any more if the ECM is right. Kill me now...

well we will get something, but not the long lasting real heat some previous models were predicting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
4 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

well we will get something, but not the long lasting real heat some previous models were predicting.

There are huge differences between the ECM and GFS. ECM is showing mid-high 20s from saturday for god knows how long. GFS low 20s for the weekend before a drop off. UKMO is too short range and the Met Office's text forecasts are typically ambiguous. 

I don't understand enough to make heads or tails of the more advanced stuff like the anomaly charts etc and have no idea what T850s or Geopots are. All I know is that I am feeling physically sick just thinking about the prospect of sustained heat akin to what we got at the end of May's 3rd week.

I feel the heat more than most people do and never feel cold in the winter because of it. But in Summer, I feel warm at 17c and I hate my body for it. Some people are still in sodding duffel coats at 20c. If there was ever proof that reverse S.A.D disorder exists then I'm it. I would take dry and sunny over the wind and rain of the last weekend any day of the week but we in the UK cannot get such weather without it being laced with humidity from sodding europe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

There are huge differences between the ECM and GFS. ECM is showing mid-high 20s from saturday for god knows how long. GFS low 20s for the weekend before a drop off. UKMO is too short range and the Met Office's text forecasts are typically ambiguous. 

I don't understand enough to make heads or tails of the more advanced stuff like the anomaly charts etc and have no idea what T850s or Geopots are. All I know is that I am feeling physically sick just thinking about the prospect of sustained heat akin to what we got at the end of May's 3rd week.

I feel the heat more than most people do and never feel cold in the winter because of it. But in Summer, I feel warm at 17c and I hate my body for it. Some people are still in sodding duffel coats at 20c. If there was ever proof that reverse S.A.D disorder exists then I'm it. I would take dry and sunny over the wind and rain of the last weekend any day of the week but we in the UK cannot get such weather without it being laced with humidity from sodding europe.

im sorry to hear you dont like heat, i do think though the general outlook for this summer isnt going to suit you. me? im the opposite, i hate cold, i feel it more and i can tollerate heat.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Really makes you feel like a freak, I can tell you. They are absolutely ecstatic on the model thread right now. Its just filling me with dread.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
27 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Really makes you feel like a freak, I can tell you. They are absolutely ecstatic on the model thread right now. Its just filling me with dread.

Can't say I'm a heat fan, but don't want GFS correct here, suppose heat is a novelty, can understand people enjoying it, unlike rain in Nov to Mar, what's to like about that?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Made my heart leap with joy when i saw the Express headline this morning,3 months of heat..i was beyond happy!! 3 months of cool,shower weather is just perfect,can't wait,so much nicer:)

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Can't say I'm a heat fan, but don't want GFS correct here, suppose heat is a novelty, can understand people enjoying it, unlike rain in Nov to Mar, what's to like about that?

Even I am not that mopey. I would take dry and sunny any day of the week. March/Apr was really nice; dry sunny but most of all: comfortable. The height of my tolerance ends at 23c. If the ECM comes off I will be looking for the nearest bridge to jump from I think. I truly envy people who enjoy the heat; they have it much better than those of us that tolerate the cold. If its cold, you have heaters, thicker clothing etc. If its too warm, you can strip to your scivvies and still be boiling. Fans don't cut it above 24 or so.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Even I am not that mopey. I would take dry and sunny any day of the week. March/Apr was really nice; dry sunny but most of all: comfortable. The height of my tolerance ends at 23c. If the ECM comes off I will be looking for the nearest bridge to jump from I think. I truly envy people who enjoy the heat; they have it much better than those of us that tolerate the cold. If its cold, you have heaters, thicker clothing etc. If its too warm, you can strip to your scivvies and still be boiling. Fans don't cut it above 24 or so.

I agree,aircon is the route to go.....followed by bankruptcy due to the bill for the leccy!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

cEven I am not that mopey. I would take dry and sunny any day of the week. March/Apr was really nice; dry sunny but most of all: comfortable. The height of my tolerance ends at 23c. If the ECM comes off I will be looking for the nearest bridge to jump from I think. I truly envy people who enjoy the heat; they have it much better than those of us that tolerate the cold. If its cold, you have heaters, thicker clothing etc. If its too warm, you can strip to your scivvies and still be boiling. Fans don't cut it above 24 or so.

ECM not out yet, 24 probably my perfect temp, evenings are hottest 30° plus, at home wearing soaked wet top helps, very effective

Posted
58 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I prefer it pleasantly warm (about 20 or 21C), dry and sunny - very warm/hot weather can go hang as far as I'm concerned. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Maybe I'm not so alone after all. One of these days I'll either have to invest in an aircon or move to Lerwick. Whichever's cheaper.

Posted
37 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Maybe I'm not so alone after all. One of these days I'll either have to invest in an aircon or move to Lerwick. Whichever's cheaper.

Move to Lerwick,much cheaper trust me!

Posted

Current ECM run is the stuff of nightmares. Autumn can't come soon enough.

• Like 2

Posted
10 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Current ECM run is the stuff of nightmares. Autumn can't come soon enough.

Fingers crossed it's wide,wide of the mark,looks horrendous. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 19:18, Ice Man 85 said:

You are not alone,my limit for the UK that I can tolerate is around the 25c Mark anything above starts to go into the unbearable range,However I can sit on the beach in the Algarve in July at 35c and feel comfortable,providing I am creamed up and have my parasol to hand.

C.S. 

Posted
5 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

You are not alone,my limit for the UK that I can tolerate is around the 25c Mark anything above starts to go into the unbearable range,However I can sit on the beach in the Algarve in July at 35c and feel comfortable,providing I am creamed up and have my parasol to hand.

C.S. 

The end of May's 3rd week as bad enough. I am hoping to god it doesn't get that hot up my way again. So many contradictions on the weather websites. Even the current temperature varies. The only comfort I had in May was knowing it wouldn't last long. That damned ECM keeps pushing the breakdown further and further back. And the GEM...I don't want to talk about it :wallbash:

Posted
6 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

C.S. 

25c is max for most i think,much over that is just not comfortable,especially for working in. Holidays,yes different matter when abroad.

• Like 1

Posted

I wish the ECM charts were easier to read. One chart shows similar to the weekend temps around next thursday/friday before a cool down on the saturday. Another shows higher :cc_confused:

Hopefully someone who can read them can give me some kind of temperature values for my location (Skelmersdale). I don't know about the weather but if anything's going to have a breakdown its me. :bomb:

Posted
6 minutes ago, knocker said:

Thursday 22C,Friday 25C, Saturday 19C

But this a long way off so major adjustments could well occur in the meantime.

Thanks, Knocker. Appreciated. How do you interpret the charts? So I know for the future.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Thanks, Knocker. Appreciated. How do you interpret the charts? So I know for the future.

Well I didn't although I'm not sure which charts to which you refer, but I have access to charts with the surface temps so I'm cheating :)

Edited by knocker

Posted
1 minute ago, knocker said:

Well I didn't although I'm not sure which charts to which you refer, but I have access to charts that are easier to read so I'm cheating

500HPA GPDM and UK MSLP 850c both on ECM output.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
On 10/06/2017 at 19:01, mushymanrob said:

looking like that hot spell next weekend is going t*ts up....

Thankfully it got back on track

DCYuzJfXcAIfBdZ.jpg

Enjoy

:)