Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

Not sure there are any teddies left in the pram to be honest. They all went flying out this afternoon. Best upgrade we can hope for down south is slightly warmer rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
9 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

And now the ECM has produced another nonsense-chart...I do fear that, tomorrow morning, teddies will fly.:D

Not this time Ed, not this time......

Posted

I don't mean to be a miserable, negative sod but how are people being suckered in by day 10 ECM charts again? There are some real intelligent people on this forum, and at times I feel intellectually deficient... but COME ON. At what point do we learn our lesson? :cc_confused:

I'm much more interested in short term upgrades but I think it's too late for us down here. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wild!

Yeah. Personally think they will stay NW eith Nly outbreaks till end of Jan. 

Just now, Spikey M said:

What's todays story then? Is it the beginning of the next Iceage in 10 days? Or is winter over forever and ever and ever again?

Nly outbreak next week around 13th looks very likely. Shortlived. Will turn more mobile and unsettled again before we get a rinse and repeat. I think peeps gave the GFS a bit of a hard time with the Nly that never happened(around about now). Its seeking patterns out. Think its pretty close to the mark. The ECM at +240hrs just ignore. Its a bit of a long shot. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wild!
6 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

I don't mean to be a miserable, negative sod but how are people being suckered in by day 10 ECM charts again? There are some real intelligent people on this forum, and at times I feel intellectually deficient... but COME ON. At what point do we learn our lesson? :cc_confused:

I'm much more interested in short term upgrades but I think it's too late for us down here. 

No never too late. Coldest part of winter is Feb... when sea temps are at there coldest. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, frosty autumns and snowy winters
1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Oh well, think of all those lovely spam fritters we have to look forward to!   

SpamFritters.jpg

The Army 'Cabbage Mechanics' still serve these up today !!!!

Edited by Hanny
  • Like 1

Posted

Bleedin Eck..... this thread reads like a mirtazapine sales convention - lol.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Tell you what....If that latest ECM run crashes and burns (again), I'm sending Nick Sussex a special delivery.........   I'll give 'im 'exciting' !!! :laugh:

images.jpe

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 3

Posted

I have come to the conclusion that to be a prolific poster in MOD thread you have to demonstrate 'bi-polar' disorder!

I will have to now stand up for the 'Saaarfners' in that there is FAR TOO MUCH positive hysteria with regards to snow in the 'Nerf of UK' - we need it more in the 'Saaarf' for medicinal reasons.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
48 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

I couldn't agree more my wife moans at me as all I go on about is snow. 

When I see 10 days charts now I just say to myself here we go again lol. Like you say no upgrades as we go on just more and more look at this in 10 days time. :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, pegg24 said:

I couldn't agree more my wife moans at me as all I go on about is snow. 

When I see 10 days charts now I just say to myself here we go again lol. Like you say no upgrades as we go on just more and more look at this in 10 days time. :wallbash:

I'm the same lol. I always get on the topic of snow when possible :pardon:

I used to get excited by day 10+ eye candy charts.. but after so many let downs you realise it's just a one way road to disappointment. We seem to do better when there's upgrades around the 144 mark.

Edited by MidnightSnow
  • Like 2

Posted
57 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

Yep, no way that's going to happen. The difference between the 216 and 240 charts is mental. I thought I was looking at two completely different runs. The evolution I can just about buy, but that quickly? :fool:. In fairness I think most folk recognize that and tbh I would be surprised if there are many teddies flying in the morning.

Unless of course the pub run shows similar.........:rofl:. In reality, it will be gone by the morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

The one thing today has left me with is a blinking craving for spam fritters. You swines! It's been so long since I ate one that I can't remember whether I liked them or not. 

:wallbash:

• Like 3

Posted

IT SNOWING FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 2013!!!!

20170106_232841.jpg

Edited by ArHu3
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Thanks Atlantic!! Not many words needed is there? I'm sure our luck will change soon. Would love to be in Poland or the Baltics right now. Just bitter!

temp_eur2.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
7 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Thanks Atlantic!! Not many words needed is there? I'm sure our luck will change soon. Would love to be in Poland or the Baltics right now. Just bitter!

temp_eur2.png

Temperatures of -20C and lower are not much fun, you can't be out in it for long. Any exposed skin is soon painfully frozen!

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 00:22, Frost HoIIow said:

temp_eur2.png

Yes, be very careful what you wish for.

Those are brutally cold temperatures, hundreds will die from cold across Europe this week!

The old or poor folk that don't have or can't afford heating but just imagine having to sleep outside in those low temperatures.

:cold:

Edited by snowblizzard

Posted

What is it with people feeling the need to point out old people dying when someone mentions enjoying the cold? You don't see the same people shouting about dogs in hot cars when somebody mentions getting the barbecue out.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Temperatures of -20C and lower are not much fun, you can't be out in it for long. Any exposed skin is soon painfully frozen!

Yup. Moscow had a high of -25C yesterday, there's nothing good about that. I like cold, but not that cold.

It's -4C and snowing in Stockholm right now. I'd rather be there!

56f310c93b6b403da7bc0e45fc30d6de.png

Not at all unusual, of course.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
39 minutes ago, cheese said:

Yup. Moscow had a high of -25C yesterday, there's nothing good about that. I like cold, but not that cold.

It's -4C and snowing in Stockholm right now. I'd rather be there!

56f310c93b6b403da7bc0e45fc30d6de.png

Not at all unusual, of course.

Perfect snowy weather and not too cold, but cold enough for the snow to stay frozen with none of the dreaded slush.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
50 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Perfect snowy weather and not too cold, but cold enough for the snow to stay frozen with none of the dreaded slush.

Totally agree,perfect winter weather. Minus 20 is not good by anyone's standards,lowest i've ever been in was -22 and that was tough to cope with. So when i get depressed at all i just check out weather in Fairbanks Alaska where my ex partner lives,today it's -29...just gives me such a warm glow to know that:D 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Oh dear, after all yesterday's hyperbole, projected uppers, for next Thursday/Friday's 'event' seem to have gone up from -8 or so to -6C...Sleet on a fresh WNW-NW wind, eh? Yummy!:lazy:

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

The models,  especially ecm, have no shame this winter with their periodic teases at days 9 and 10. The 12z ecm run from yesterday followed by the 18z gfs run were just one step too far and most fell for it.  What a game!