Early start this morning,watched the sun rise slowly over a glistening dew filled world......oh no hang on that was just the hay fever🙁

15 hours ago, cheese said:

Early October can be summer-like too, though average temperatures by that point are probably experiencing their steepest decline of the year.

The first half of September is warmer than the first half of June here. Average high at the start of October is 18c so unless it's a few degrees above average and sunny, it usually doesn't feel that summery.

A few southern areas have had a ridiculous 90+ hours of sun to the 10th. Times that by 3 and it’s towards some of the most memorable sunny months

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 16:46, Frosty. said:

Yes it does, it says potential for some very warm spells in the south..covering late May / early June!!:mellow:

Purely academic at such range but they have now dropped the "Very"...

Obviously their long range models will flip flop around, so take any wording with a huge pinch of salt would be my advice.:)

• Like 1

Although not impressively warm, there looks to be plenty of dry weather on the cards. We may actually come out with a dry May! I think 2010 was last one here.

The local media are talking rubbish again with a heatwave on the cards! Absolute rubbish. But it does look mild/pleasantly warm for the forseeable with the exception being mid week as we get a temporary cool northwesterly. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Milhouse said:

The local media are talking rubbish again with a heatwave on the cards! Absolute rubbish. But it does look mild/pleasantly warm for the forseeable with the exception being mid week as we get a temporary cool northwesterly. 

Well if the weather stayed like it was today, then you'd get no complaints from me. High teen raw temps are where I draw the line though as in a strong sun, it will always feel like the low twenties. Sadly though the winds always veer into a bad direction at some point and the temps take the mick

Edited by Ice Man 85
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Well if the weather stayed like it was today, then you'd get no complaints from me. High teen raw temps are where I draw the line though as in a strong sun, it will always feel like the low twenties. Sadly though the winds always veer into a bad direction at some point and the temps take the mick

Mick taking temps are becoming the norm in UK. Your better off migrating to Yakutsk in Russia if you don't like heat, although pretty much your cup of tea in winter but summers are generally chilled too around 15 to 20C.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 38.5*C said:

Mick taking temps are becoming the norm in UK. Your better off migrating to Yakutsk in Russia if you don't like heat, although pretty much your cup of tea in winter but summers are generally chilled too around 15 to 20C.

as are mild winters but you wouldn't want me saying that now would you? Can't have it both ways if you're a "seasonalist" as most on here claim to be.

Edited by Ice Man 85
  • Like 1

I'm still waiting for the 'cold wet weather' that 38.5 degrees was suggesting was on its way after the Bank Holiday warm spell.

It really has been very dry around here with plenty of sunshine ever since, and now it has warmed up slightly too.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

I'm still waiting for the 'cold wet weather' that 38.5 degrees was suggesting was on its way after the Bank Holiday warm spell.

It really has been very dry around here with plenty of sunshine ever since, and now it has warmed up slightly too.

Wednesday though is looking 'orrible in my location, biting wind, and winter coats, most days in January will have warmer winds, as it would be from SW

Sadly looks like the pleasant conditions are on the way out. Next week is looking vile. Wouldn't rule out the high 20s at this rate. :bad:

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 17:18, Scorcher said:

Don't blame me blame the model output for suggesting it.    

1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Sadly looks like the pleasant conditions are on the way out. Next week is looking vile. Wouldn't rule out the high 20s at this rate. :bad:

Doesn't look too bad to me, low to mid 20s at most, with coolish nights.

1 minute ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Doesn't look too bad to me, low to mid 20s at most, with coolish nights.

Ironically your neck of the woods will do better than where I am. I never welcome an easterly at any time of the year. Nights won't fall much below 14c either by the look of things. Will be more like 17c with all the heat from the day still lingering in the house.

5 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Ironically your neck of the woods will do better than where I am. I never welcome an easterly at any time of the year. Nights won't fall much below 14c either by the look of things. Will be more like 17c with all the heat from the day still lingering in the house.

Oh well time will tell I suppose.

Glorious looking 00z runs and then comes along the meto update.

Typical.

Any heat/humidity looks confined to the SOUTH EAST, and NOT way up north, no need for name changes .:rofl:

3 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Any heat/humidity looks confined to the SOUTH EAST, and NOT way up north, no need for name changes .:rofl:

Well netweather's forecast ironically says the opposite. Says we'll be warmer than london.

4 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

looks pretty nationwide to me even scotland getting some warmth

Looking pretty nasty is you don't like it too warm. Once again what was modelled as pleasant will turn into hot and uncomfortable.

• Like 1

High pressure looks like extending as far as the eye can see! No let up in the dry and warm weather. A few questions though, with mine being how much sunshine will the easterly give us next week?. I recall the late May easterlies of 2012 and 2009 were exceptionally sunny. Early june 2007 was much cloudier. 

33 minutes ago, Milhouse said:

High pressure looks like extending as far as the eye can see! No let up in the dry and warm weather. A few questions though, with mine being how much sunshine will the easterly give us next week?. I recall the late May easterlies of 2012 and 2009 were exceptionally sunny. Early june 2007 was much cloudier. 

It totally depends on where you are sourcing the air from. If its warm conitental heat then you can almost expect a dry sunny and very humid sort of weather. It also plays a massive part on the sea temperature and the fetch of water the air has to cross. 

For instances we pull up a warm humid south easterly straight of Germany etcetc that would quite possible be very warm and humid. 

However, let's say we draw in a north easterly out of Norway that would be quite cloudy for this time of year because although warm air can surge up there it's got to cross a pretty cool sea and with it comes fog and cloud 

There are expections to both though 

• Thanks 1

Quite amazing output from the models. The jet stream is so far north you'd be forgiven for thinking it was high summer! Whether this pattern will sustain through the summer or we see the much fabled return of the westerlies remains to be seen. For now - lots of moderate warmth and sun to enjoy.

• Like 1

Looks a cracking week for most of the country next week! Just need to keep an eye on that blob of cooler air sinking into eastern Europe to see if it has an impact on us eventually. But at the same time it will be hotting up over France and Spain so could get warmer still over southern and western parts. 

• Similar Content

• By Paul
      A fresh model thread as we enter a new phase of weather post-beast. 
      As always please keep it to the models in here. 
      Want to view the model outputs?
      You can get all the major ones here on Netweather:
      GFS
      GEFS Ensembles
      ECMWF
      ECMWF EPS
      NetWx-SR
      NetWx-MR
      Met-Office
      Fax
      GEM
      GFS Hourly
      Snow forecast and precip type
      Model Comparison
      Global Jet Stream
      Stratosphere
    • By Paul
      A busy spell coming up, as the beast from the east arrives.
      As the focus of the model thread is often a bit further ahead, for those wanting to talk more exclusively about the shorter term outputs, we do have a short-range thread up and running. (You're still welcome to discuss the shorter term in here too though).
      This thread is all about discussing the models - but we have loads of other options for other topics:
      As always, please keep it to the models in here, and head over to the banter thread for any moans, ramps and general chat.
      For threads related to the cold spell, met office forecasts, the winter overall and much more on top, please take a look at the general weather forum:
      https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/1-winter-and-general-weather-discussion/
      And finally, if you're wanting to chat about your local weather, the risk of snow in your particular location etc, then the regional threads are for you:
      https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/142-regional-discussions/
      GFS
      GEFS Ensembles
      ECMWF
      ECMWF EPS
      NetWx-SR
      NetWx-MR
      Met-Office
      Fax
      GEM
      GFS Hourly
      Model Comparison
      Global Jet Stream
      Stratosphere
    • By Paul
      Ooh yes, it's busy and with good reason - it's a rare beast to see the sort of charts we're seeing right now. It would appear the UK and much of Europe is headed into the freezer, but how cold, and for how long?
      As always, please keep to just discussing the model output in this thread.
      We have a thread open to discuss the cold spell - so if you're wanting to chat more generally about it, or talk about forecasts from the BBC, Met Office, Netweather etc, please head over there:
      https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/89358-ssw-related-cold-spell-will-it-wont-it/
      It's also worth keeping an eye on is the blogs from our team including @Jo Farrow & @Nick Finnis, there's some great info about the SSW, the cold spell etc, and new articles will be posted regularly:
      https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/blogs
      GFS
      GEFS Ensembles
      ECMWF
      ECMWF EPS
      NetWx-SR
      NetWx-MR
      Met-Office
      Fax
      GEM
      GFS Hourly
      Model Comparison
      Global Jet Stream
      Stratosphere
    • By Paul
      The much talked about SSW has taken place, but as Nick blogged about a few days ago, it doesn't always mean cold for the UK. The signs are good though (if you like cold that is), and the model output is showing a lot of northern blocking currently. It's set to be a really interesting time to follow the models if nothing else, so please carry on the discussion here. 
      As ever, please keep it to model discussion only in this thread.....
      GFS
      GEFS Ensembles
      ECMWF
      ECMWF EPS
      NetWx-SR
      NetWx-MR
      Met-Office
      Fax
      GEM
      GFS Hourly
      Model Comparison
      Global Jet Stream
      Stratosphere
    • By Paul
      Please only post about the model output in this thread - if you're unsure what this entails, and what thread you should be using, please see our posting guide:
      https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/89198-model-threads-posting-guide/.
      We don't want to do it, but we have and will either block from posting, or pre-moderate the posts of those who continually post off topic posts in here. So please don't let that be you, with what may be a very interesting/exciting spell of weather on the way.  
      If you spot a post which you believe may be off topic or breaking the forum guidelines in any way, please hit the report button, and don't respond in the thread. The team will deal with reports as quickly as they can.
      GFS
      GEFS Ensembles
      ECMWF
      ECMWF EPS
      NetWx-SR
      NetWx-MR
      Met-Office
      Fax
      GEM
      GFS Hourly