Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

This current weather is probably about max for many with regarding to being comfortable,certainly any hotter and working becomes a issue for a lot.Thankfully a 10 degree drop by the end of the week in South Yorkshire,something more normal☺️

Edited by markyo

Posted
37 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

Looking at met office update they are going for well above averages as we get into later part of May for the south. I hope the weather pushes north to Scotland  on occasions so we can all have some warm summery weather

The MO update does not say that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
24 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

The MO update does not say that.

Yes it does, it says potential for some very warm spells in the south..covering late May / early June!!:mellow:

• Like 1

Posted

Why is it not possible for a few on here to actually get the quote correct?

As it is the moan thread, I'll have one, and quote the 6-15 final sentence is

Temperatures initially below normal, but will recover to around normal.

And their longer range out to 5 June says

Temperatures overall will probably be slightly above normal, with the potential for some very warm spells in the south.

Gawd folks it is not difficult!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
19 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Not exaggerating at all. You have to bear in mind that I can shed jackets in 12c. My body doesn't feel the cold at all. Thus, when warmer weather arrives, I suffer in it. I feel far warmer than a normal person would.

I'm physiologically adapted to withstand extreme cold, check out my avatar photo, however I much, much prefer the heat.  We don't get much heat in this country, especially in recent years.  We've just endured a miserable five-month winter.  Isn't it time for some us to enjoy some heat? 

• Like 4

Posted
19 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

Why is it not possible for a few on here to actually get the quote correct?

As it is the moan thread, I'll have one, and quote the 6-15 final sentence is

Temperatures initially below normal, but will recover to around normal.

And their longer range out to 5 June says

Temperatures overall will probably be slightly above normal, with the potential for some very warm spells in the south.

Gawd folks it is not difficult!

Must be difficult for me as I obviously read the wrong one that was issued at 02 00 BST, which said Temperatures overall will probably be slightly above the average, although there are likely to be marked variations, depending on any influence from any Atlantic weather systems during this period.

Issued by chief forecaster, covering period 21st May to the 4th of June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
36 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Yes it does, it says potential for some very warm spells in the south..covering late May / early June!!:mellow:

Whit then Frosty, holiday week

• Like 1

Posted
46 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

I'm physiologically adapted to withstand extreme cold, check out my avatar photo, however I much, much prefer the heat.  We don't get much heat in this country, especially in recent years.  We've just endured a miserable five-month winter.  Isn't it time for some us to enjoy some heat? 

Very true,enjoy the summer warmth...It's likes of myself's turn to endure the miserable heat!

Hope this is more to your liking!. It was a long winter even i  must admit.

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Word for word on the 1503 BST update

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast

Not denying that, just find it strange that two longer range forecasts are issued on the same day, clearly not saying the same thing, confusing and unnecessary imo.

Posted

Maybe those that struggle with heat do their utmost to avoid it and ultimately are actually worse off. You can’t build any tolerance funny how those from cooler areas always moan the most! Try being in London I have found this very warm weather tolerable 28c today . :) 

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
49 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Maybe those that struggle with heat do their utmost to avoid it and ultimately are actually worse off. You can’t build any tolerance funny how those from cooler areas always moan the most! Try being in London I have found this very warm weather tolerable 28c today . :) 

Yeah well london's always full of hot air. Most of it emanates from the houses of parliament.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
52 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Maybe that's 1 reason people live in warmer areas because they enjoy that type of weather? Maybe people who live further north enjoy cold and snow more than heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
2 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Maybe that's 1 reason people live in warmer areas because they enjoy that type of weather? Maybe people who live further north enjoy cold and snow more than heat.

I'm thinking of buying a summer home on lerwick. Beautiful place. don't think i've ever seen it break 19c there

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
4 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I'm thinking of buying a summer home on lerwick. Beautiful place. don't think i've ever seen it break 19c there

It would be a good choice for you. I think Shetland is the coolest place in the UK in Summer. No issues with passing out when overheating.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Today on the outskirts of the smoke it certainly felt hot in the sun, but with relatively dry air and a little breeze it was tolerable (not working!) Humidity is the usual spoiler, combined with temperatures staying high after dark.

Posted
1 hour ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Today on the outskirts of the smoke it certainly felt hot in the sun, but with relatively dry air and a little breeze it was tolerable (not working!) Humidity is the usual spoiler, combined with temperatures staying high after dark.

Dew points have been fairly high though. Temperatures in the house barely falling too. Haven't slept very well these last few nights and thats despite having a fan running. For me, a breeze decides whether its tolerable or too much. the sun is too strong now to be comfortable without one.

1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

It would be a good choice for you. I think Shetland is the coolest place in the UK in Summer. No issues with passing out when overheating.

Was joking lol. Certainly don't envy their weather though. where I live is always on the borderline where hot air is considered. Places north of here often get away with the worst of it.

Posted
7 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Dew points have been fairly high though. Temperatures in the house barely falling too. Haven't slept very well these last few nights and thats despite having a fan running. For me, a breeze decides whether its tolerable or too much. the sun is too strong now to be comfortable without one.

Was joking lol. Certainly don't envy their weather though. where I live is always on the borderline where hot air is considered. Places north of here often get away with the worst of it.

You certainly do suffer with any kind of warmth, the good news for you, cooler and fresher for the foreseeable.:good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Much better today. A totally fresher feel.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

The heat in the summer can feel much more oppressive with higher dew points and humidity. This has been great for me.

Being out in the desert SW in Vegas/Palm Springs the last couple of summers really shows you what the benefit of ultra low humidity is. For me it’s the deal breaker for heat...I could cope well enough with 46c out there, just felt like a furnace!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
13 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Heatwaves in the summer typically seem to extend to around Preston to the west of the Pennines, and to around Middlesbrough on the eastern side. Heat seems to extend further north to the east of the Pennines (probably because there's more low ground).

Posted

Thankfully this is the last day for quite a bit of any heat,really effects and impacts on the type of job i do,so much harder and energy sapping.

• Like 1

Posted

Did feel better this morning before the rain arrived. Around 18/19c according to local stations. Even a few degrees makes a world of difference.

• Like 1

Posted
19 hours ago, mb018538 said:

The heat in the summer can feel much more oppressive with higher dew points and humidity. This has been great for me.

Being out in the desert SW in Vegas/Palm Springs the last couple of summers really shows you what the benefit of ultra low humidity is. For me it’s the deal breaker for heat...I could cope well enough with 46c out there, just felt like a furnace!

Of course low humidity makes the heat a bit easier to tolerate. However, low humidity also means almost no chance of rain/storms which makes it extremely boring. It brings me bad memories of my summers in Greece - barren skies for days on end, drought, heat and deadly forest fires. At least in the UK we don't have to worry about forest fires as there are hardly any forests left.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
On 07/05/2018 at 22:00, Daniel* said:

I was with a friend on a delivery in London yesterday.  28C and I was only wearing shorts and trainers -  bellissimo.:laugh:  Can't wait for the next hot shot. :yahoo:

• Like 1