Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 hour ago, cheese said:

Sure, but we're not talking about temperatures in the 30s or anything. I'd be fine with sunshine and temps in the teens to be honest. Endless gloom is what really hacks people off.

We can agree on something at least :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Im hoping next Monday and Tuesday doesnt prove to be a washout for the east coast counties. Those type of set ups have a habit of dumping a lot of rain from a slow moving front. A correction a few 100 miles to the east can make all the difference. Still very cool though but some signs of a warmer and less unsettled end to next week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, Milhouse said:

Im hoping next Monday and Tuesday doesnt prove to be a washout for the east coast counties. Those type of set ups have a habit of dumping a lot of rain from a slow moving front. A correction a few 100 miles to the east can make all the difference. Still very cool though but some signs of a warmer and less unsettled end to next week!

Was thinking this, dreading it, these systems end up further west than forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms
On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:34, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Was thinking this, dreading it, these systems end up further west than forecast

Looks like that is the case now. The gfs has the rain band stalling over much of central and eastern England all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
31 minutes ago, Milhouse said:

Looks like that is the case now. The gfs has the rain band stalling over much of central and eastern England all day.

Amazing too how these washout systems are timed for the day everytime, mainly on Mondays

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Well if the ECM 12z verifies, any hope of this spell being pleasant is gone. mid-upper 20s easily. Sickening.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
4 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Well if the ECM 12z verifies, any hope of this spell being pleasant is gone. mid-upper 20s easily. Sickening.

Looks stunning can't wait

:good:

Posted
2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Looks stunning can't wait

:good:

Remind me to gloat come the winter. I might bemoan what I don't like, but never rub salt in the wound when I see what I do.

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I hadn't noticed any temps in the mid to upper 20s, any particular day? And you also have o avoid on shore winds as on Monday but still it's rather a long way away to be too worried about temp details.

index_php.thumb.png.0ab2f329b1b5762edf9a67b047a689e5.png

Edited by knocker

Posted
5 minutes ago, knocker said:

I hadn't noticed any temps in the mid to upper 20s, any particular day?

Well we achieved nearly 30 in the south with only 10s. The 12z shows 850s in the 12-13 region for the far south east. It looks like a trough is trying to sink and drag up humid muck from the continent. If the temps I fear aren't whats being shown, then it could well end up feeling like them.

192_mslp850uk.png

Posted
11 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Well we achieved nearly 30 in the south with only 10s. The 12z shows 850s in the 12-13 region for the far south east. It looks like a trough is trying to sink and drag up humid muck from the continent. If the temps I fear aren't whats being shown, then it could well end up feeling like them.

192_mslp850uk.png

True enough but I don't see any trough but the low level winds are easterly so probably cooler air being advected in the boundary layer winch is affecting  the surface-850mb lapse rate which more than likely accounts for the surface temps  predicted by the ecm. Jusy my thinking anyway. :)

Edited by knocker

Posted
Just now, knocker said:

True enough but I don't see any trough but the low level winds are easterly so probably cooler air being advected in the boundary layer winch is affecting  the surface-850mb lapse rate which more than likely accounts for the surface temps  predicted by the ecm. Jusy my thinking anyway. :)

So what's your take on the temps from that?

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

So what's your take on the temps from that?

Not my take as I'm not up to forecasting temps a week down the line but the ecm take is max 21-22C for Tuesday in parts of the south

max.thumb.png.be1d59acbe8b19f437c9e9c7c284ab70.png

Edited by knocker

Posted
2 minutes ago, knocker said:

Not my take as I'm not up to forecasting temps a week down the line but the ecm take is max 21-22C for Tuesday in parts of the south

max.thumb.png.be1d59acbe8b19f437c9e9c7c284ab70.png

maybe there's some hope after all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
46 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Good, we need some pleasant warmth after today's absolutely dire effort. Colder than many winter days.

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, B87 said:

Good, we need some pleasant warmth after today's absolutely dire effort. Colder than many winter days.

Well it was looking pleasant until the 12z ruined it. What is so nice about struggling to sleep in 17c nights?

Edited by Ice Man 85
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Well it was looking pleasant until the 12z ruined it. What is so nice about struggling to sleep in 17c nights?

Plenty of those throughout the summer, just sleep without a duvet or open a window.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, B87 said:

Plenty of those throughout the summer, just sleep without a duvet or open a window.

With a warm airflow? very useful.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Ice Man 85 said:

With a warm airflow? very useful.

17c air from outside is still going to feel cool or chilly when it's 30c inside after a warm or hot day.

Posted
6 minutes ago, B87 said:

17c air from outside is still going to feel cool or chilly when it's 30c inside after a warm or hot day.

When the bedroom heats up to 28c+ nothing will feel cool.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

I have an American friend who always asks me how we survive without air con when it's 25 or 30C here.. welp.

Posted

well weather like that is common in the states and they have infrastructure set up to cope with it? what do we have?

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Everything is better in the US , wonder sometimes why I ever came back .

A proper cup of tea and coronation street? can't think of anything else.