Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
2 hours ago, Matthew. said:

I’m pleased I didn’t live in the 1800’s when this was quite common

It was much easier to get around then, rear wheel drive BMW's hadn' been invented. 

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

On 3/15/2018 at 21:49, Sweatyman said:

Was thinking about this earlier. If these easterlies carried on in the summer  they'd be so hot

Although Euro high's can deliver beautiful south easterlies it's worth noting that some of the most easterly summer months have also been some of the wettest. If you get enough of an undercut then the summer moisture is fully capable of drenching the country.

• Thanks 1

Posted

The ext EPS has the vortex once more taking up residence in the Hudson Bay area with the trough to the east associated with the weakening N. Russian vortex and with the Azores attempting to ridge in the vicinity of the UK it may be not a bad Easter weekend, albeit temps still a little depressed.

Edited by knocker
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

I wish folk wouldn't stare at me....haven't they ever seen someone in shorts before!:)

Posted

Getting sick to the back teeth now of winter , its had its last say, nothing is growing , all the countryside looks drab and monotone,  mostly dead wood with little sign of green appearing , Dirty roads with dirty grass verges from tons of environmentally damaging salt thats been spread day after day, economy starting to be hit, its time to say goodbye.    I don't mind cold shots in January, as long as they dont last too long so the salt can be washed away   With no sign of any real warmth and just 'meh' 8c temps in the models its bleak 

• Like 1

Posted

From a meteorological perspective we have just had two of the most interesting periods of weather for many a year which as a bonus threw the hard core chionophiles a couple of meaty bones to chew on . And yet they are still not satisfied and are now wittering on about how lubbly it would be if Easter and beyond heralded more cold and unpleasant weather. In fact one gets the impression that they would like nothing better than bypassing Spring altogether.

I am beginning to suspect that it would be doing a great kindness to humanely euthanize them so as to permanently alleviate this state of permanent dissatisfaction.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 4

Posted
18 minutes ago, knocker said:

From a meteorological perspective we have just had two of the most interesting periods of weather for many a year which as a bonus threw the hard core chionophiles a couple of meaty bones to chew on . And yet they are still not satisfied and are now wittering on about how lubbly it would be if Easter and beyond heralded more cold and unpleasant weather. In fact one gets the impression that they would like nothing better than bypassing Spring altogether.

I am beginning to suspect that it would be doing a great kindness to humanely euthanize them so as to permanently alleviate this state of permanent dissatisfaction.

Got to be worth a ban surley.........

Don't like people having another opinion..... kill them for there own good of course. :bomb:

• Like 4

Posted
On 16/03/2018 at 10:05, TEITS said:

Have to be honest sometimes the MOD thread gets on my nerves when a cold spell is on its way.

If you post a chart suggesting little snow then members moan and suggest the model is rubbish. Yet these are the same people who will come back to this thread in a few days time and moan at the lack of snow. They will then moan about members overhyping and misleading other members in the MOD thread.

This happens everytime and becomes tiresome.

Was it a very much overhyped event based on that one model run?

People didn't say the model was rubbish because it showed no snow (When in actual fact it did), people suggested it was not a great model becasue of past performance. 

you got what the chart shown wrong, then you had the cheek to pretend it was everyone else that was wrong. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
8 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Don't like people having another opinion..... kill them for there own good of course. :bomb:

I suspect some on this thread have trouble understanding the written word,the thread name includes 3 words,moans,ramps and banter. If they prefer to say kill folk than understand the meaning of these 3 words....oh dear:nonono:

Posted
6 minutes ago, markyo said:

I suspect some on this thread have trouble understanding the written word,the thread name includes 3 words,moans,ramps and banter. If they prefer to say kill folk than understand the meaning of these 3 words....oh dear:nonono:

killing people for their own good..... great Bantz!

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, frosty ground said:

Don't like people for having another opinion.......................now that is an interesting concept in this forum. If you don't subscribe to the ethos of the MOD thread you are treated like a pariah and an idiot.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, frosty ground said:

Was it a very much overhyped event based on that one model run?

People didn't say the model was rubbish because it showed no snow (When in actual fact it did), people suggested it was not a great model becasue of past performance. 

you got what the chart shown wrong, then you had the cheek to pretend it was everyone else that was wrong. 

I have no idea what you are on about.

I said in the MOD thread that the Euro 4 suggested little snow for the far SE. Guess what many in the SE thread were moaning because the Thames Streamer failed to develop and many especially in the Kent area only witnessed light snowfall. This despite the amber warning.

So in actual fact I was proved correct because the far SE i.e Kent didn't see anywhere near the snowfall predicted by some.

I never knew merely posting a chart from a model run would cause such aggro. I apologise that I didn't have enough time to post every single frame from every single model run for you.:wallbash:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
12 minutes ago, TEITS said:

I said in the MOD thread that the Euro 4 suggested little snow for the far SE. Guess what many in the SE thread were moaning because the Thames Streamer failed to develop and many especially in the Kent area only witnessed light snowfall. This despite the amber warning.

So in actual fact I was proved correct because the far SE i.e Kent didn't see anywhere near the snowfall predicted by some.

I never knew merely posting a chart from a model run would cause such aggro. I apologise that I didn't have enough time to post every single frame from every single model run for you.:wallbash:

Come on Dave...How long have you been a member on here?:)

Exactly! So you should know, as well as I do, that the word 'snow' can only be preceded by certain adjectives - and 'little', is quite definitely not one of them; it is taboo...However, 'loadsa', 'mountainsa', '1947-/'63-esque', and many others of a similar vein are all fine!:good::D

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Come on Dave...How long have you been a member on here?:)

Exactly! So you should know, as well as I do, that the word 'snow' can only be preceded by certain adjectives - and 'little', is quite definitely not one of them; it is taboo...However, 'loadsa', 'mountainsa', '1947-/'63-esque', and many others of a similar vein are all fine!:good::D

Or even suffix's such as mageddon. :closedeyes:

Posted
55 minutes ago, knocker said:

Don't like people for having another opinion.......................now that is an interesting concept in this forum. If you don't subscribe to the ethos of the MOD thread you are treated like a pariah and an idiot.

Death it is then......

• Like 1

Posted

luvvly jubbly - nice cold and snowy Easter to look forwad to - wood burner on, glass of red  and easter eggs..heaven

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, TEITS said:

Snow fall is hit and miss of course there are people moaning about not getting any. It happens all the time.

You belitted people for daring to question the chart you posted, a chart that has since been proven in correct, even after you interpretation was also proven incorrect. 

The fact you came to this thread to moan that people had a different opinion to you says a lot. Especially when you where wrong.

• Like 1

Posted

Im still not allowed to post in the MOD thread months later, thats surely got to be worth a moan :D

C'mon guys , lets not argue over who was right and who was wrong, im wrong 99% of the time :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers & Mild Winters

Anyone want to start a sweepstake as to when Frosty will start to post warm weather charts in the MOD thread?

Normally when the balance tips when coldies drift away for the summer so he has to swap to whatever posts will recieve the most ' Likes ' to keep them ticking over until the cold charts appear in FI towards the end of October :)

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, LJS22 said:

Anyone want to start a sweepstake as to when Frosty will start to post warm weather charts in the MOD thread?

Normally when the balance tips when coldies drift away for the summer so he has to swap to whatever posts will recieve the most ' Likes ' to keep them ticking over until the cold charts appear in FI towards the end of October :)

What a wicked, wicked calumny. Go and stand outside the headmasters's study immediately.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
8 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Im still not allowed to post in the MOD thread months later, thats surely got to be worth a moan :D

C'mon guys , lets not argue over who was right and who was wrong, im wrong 99% of the time :D

Unbelievable......

From memory, you were only providing commentary on MODEL charts showing North Westerlies in the MODEL thread....yet others can post off topic stuff to their hearts content. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 hours ago, frosty ground said:

Snow fall is hit and miss of course there are people moaning about not getting any. It happens all the time.

You belitted people for daring to question the chart you posted, a chart that has since been proven in correct, even after you interpretation was also proven incorrect. 

The fact you came to this thread to moan that people had a different opinion to you says a lot. Especially when you where wrong.

I think you are yet again misunderstanding what was posted by myself and what actually fell on Saturday.

The point I am only trying to make is the HIrlam, Arpege, Met O warning all suggested heavy snowfall during Saturday in the form of a Thames Streamer developing. Now all I said was the Euro 4 only suggested light snowfall. This is what occured on Saturday with many parts of Kent and S&E London seeing little in the way of snow because the streamer didn't develop.

Personally I am still surprised the Met O had an amber warning for the SE because the model runs I looked at didn't really support the idea. I would appreciate the input from members in the area in question to see how much snow they did see. I think I am right in saying some people in Kent didn't see anything on Saturday night.

As for belittling people. I simply corrected an  error you made when assuming 5mm of precip would instantly mean 2 inches of snowfall.

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, knocker said:

I would rather have spring now but if the weather isn't going to deliver it, I would rather see more snowfall than cool drab rain and greyness