morning gang ,it certainly is frustrating times but hopefully we will eventually see some cold air flooding south , as for gfs this morning its been on the bottle ,ecm not yet out [come on ecm place that high in the right place for a beasterly ], uk met ,smell the coffee ,well i,v had me fag and a good moan and ramp now back to bed ,cheers gang :yahoo:

• Like 1

do we need 2 whiners threads? ECM 240 though, don't normally think it will come off, but could do today, next day would look ugly probably, with purples over greenie, definitely looking like the Atlantic will dominate early Dec, 1st could easily be 10° or higher, sigh

ECM1-240.GIF?25-12

What we want for a change is nice winter not snow. Mild  temps but with a cold wind somewhere.  And my ramp for summer a long warm summer with rain. Snow on hills and peaks that will suit me fine. Looking at models that's what winter might be. Not saying any more than that. Because I have done. A winter forecast using working outs of previous winters from 2012-15 that's what I used to do it.  

In my twenty years on Ocean Weather Ships I don't ever remember being hit by a shortwave. :shok:

• Like 5

Have to say the 0z runs Gem aside look horrendous if its high lat blocking you are looking for.So much potential in the 72-144 timeframe for retrogression but yet again too much Atlantic energy scuppering things.The ecm mean looks as bad or worse than the op, back to looking into FI for hope, deja vu.com...

If the GFS didn't exist we probably wouldn't have much ramping anyway, it is the sole cause of the whaling and gnashing of teeth. Despite numerous upgrades its still crap.

I guess we are now looking to the second week of December and into mid month for any snow. If it did arrive and lasted through the Christmas holidays, I'm sure most would be happy with that.

• Like 3

oh well, get my flip flops out, and shorts TMW not too bad a suppose

h850t850eu.pngh850t850eu.png

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

If the GFS didn't exist we probably wouldn't have much ramping anyway, it is the sole cause of the whaling and gnashing of teeth. Despite numerous upgrades its still crap.

I guess we are now looking to the second week of December and into mid month for any snow. If it did arrive and lasted through the Christmas holidays, I'm sure most would be happy with that.

Ha ha. You mean wailing. This is whaling. The atrocious spelling and grammar are part of the entertainment on the model thread.

whaling.jpg

• Like 2

This is how I feel when a cold spell is forecast and then actually arrives. :rofl:

emperor.jpg

Edited by Seasonality
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jonathan Bollen said:

What we want for a change is nice winter not snow. Mild  temps but with a cold wind somewhere.  And my ramp for summer a long warm summer with rain. Snow on hills and peaks that will suit me fine. Looking at models that's what winter might be. Not saying any more than that. Because I have done. A winter forecast using working outs of previous winters from 2012-15 that's what I used to do it.  

Mild winter for a change? Where the hell have you been for the last few years? Not the UK I take it.

4 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

Ha ha. You mean wailing. This is whaling. The atrocious spelling and grammar are part of the entertainment on the model thread.

whaling.jpg

Many apologies, I loose my head when people use the wrong form of a word.

• Like 2

Just now, mountain shadow said:

Many apologies, I loose my head when people use the wrong form of a word.

:rofl: I see what you did there! (lose)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

This is how I feel when a cold spell is forecast and then actually arrives. :rofl:

emperor.jpg

WTF dunno what to say! i'll say if we get proper cold (south) at +24, then somehow still will end up going tits up

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

I think if we have a 4th winter in a row where we don't get snow for more than 1/2 day, i'll give up on weather watching all together.

Is it too much to ask for snow to last on the ground for 2 days now???!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cyclonic happiness said:

I think if we have a 4th winter in a row where we don't get snow for more than 1/2 day, i'll give up on weather watching all together.

Is it too much to ask for snow to last on the ground for 2 days now???!!

well it's obvious our winters are getting milder, we must have gone up by 0.2° since the 90's? won't seem a lot but can make a huge difference to low level snow (south) so yes a huge ask unless you live 300m asl in the north

7 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

Flat as a witch's tit?

When what we all want is as cold as a witch's gazonga!:good:

A whole hour into the 12zs and not one post in the main thread on the 12z runs. That tells you any snow is a long,long way away. We're certainly into the 2nd week of December now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark wheeler said:

I know this is good news and that's great but I'm like a little brat at the moment but I can't say I've been spoilt I haven't seen a flake in 3 years . It keeps getting further away . Aaarrrrggghhhhh

https://mobile.twitter.com/WxCoEuroEnergy/status/802156421425008641?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

butthurt.jpg

• Like 1

I was thinking we would get a northerly further done the line from the GFS 12z around the 5th dec. Shows yea what i know haha

The shortwave low what ever you call it went under.

Edited by booferking

• Similar Content

• By Paul
      A fresh model thread as we enter a new phase of weather post-beast. 
      As always please keep it to the models in here. 
      Want to view the model outputs?
      You can get all the major ones here on Netweather:
      GFS
      GEFS Ensembles
      ECMWF
      ECMWF EPS
      NetWx-SR
      NetWx-MR
      Met-Office
      Fax
      GEM
      GFS Hourly
      Snow forecast and precip type
      Model Comparison
      Global Jet Stream
      Stratosphere
    • By Paul
      A busy spell coming up, as the beast from the east arrives.
      As the focus of the model thread is often a bit further ahead, for those wanting to talk more exclusively about the shorter term outputs, we do have a short-range thread up and running. (You're still welcome to discuss the shorter term in here too though).
      This thread is all about discussing the models - but we have loads of other options for other topics:
      As always, please keep it to the models in here, and head over to the banter thread for any moans, ramps and general chat.
      For threads related to the cold spell, met office forecasts, the winter overall and much more on top, please take a look at the general weather forum:
      https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/1-winter-and-general-weather-discussion/
      And finally, if you're wanting to chat about your local weather, the risk of snow in your particular location etc, then the regional threads are for you:
      https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/142-regional-discussions/
      GFS
      GEFS Ensembles
      ECMWF
      ECMWF EPS
      NetWx-SR
      NetWx-MR
      Met-Office
      Fax
      GEM
      GFS Hourly
      Model Comparison
      Global Jet Stream
      Stratosphere
    • By Paul
      Ooh yes, it's busy and with good reason - it's a rare beast to see the sort of charts we're seeing right now. It would appear the UK and much of Europe is headed into the freezer, but how cold, and for how long?
      As always, please keep to just discussing the model output in this thread.
      We have a thread open to discuss the cold spell - so if you're wanting to chat more generally about it, or talk about forecasts from the BBC, Met Office, Netweather etc, please head over there:
      https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/89358-ssw-related-cold-spell-will-it-wont-it/
      It's also worth keeping an eye on is the blogs from our team including @Jo Farrow & @Nick Finnis, there's some great info about the SSW, the cold spell etc, and new articles will be posted regularly:
      https://www.netweather.tv/weather-forecasts/blogs
      GFS
      GEFS Ensembles
      ECMWF
      ECMWF EPS
      NetWx-SR
      NetWx-MR
      Met-Office
      Fax
      GEM
      GFS Hourly
      Model Comparison
      Global Jet Stream
      Stratosphere
    • By Paul
      The much talked about SSW has taken place, but as Nick blogged about a few days ago, it doesn't always mean cold for the UK. The signs are good though (if you like cold that is), and the model output is showing a lot of northern blocking currently. It's set to be a really interesting time to follow the models if nothing else, so please carry on the discussion here. 
      As ever, please keep it to model discussion only in this thread.....
      GFS
      GEFS Ensembles
      ECMWF
      ECMWF EPS
      NetWx-SR
      NetWx-MR
      Met-Office
      Fax
      GEM
      GFS Hourly
      Model Comparison
      Global Jet Stream
      Stratosphere
    • By Paul
      Please only post about the model output in this thread - if you're unsure what this entails, and what thread you should be using, please see our posting guide:
      https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/89198-model-threads-posting-guide/.
      We don't want to do it, but we have and will either block from posting, or pre-moderate the posts of those who continually post off topic posts in here. So please don't let that be you, with what may be a very interesting/exciting spell of weather on the way.  
      If you spot a post which you believe may be off topic or breaking the forum guidelines in any way, please hit the report button, and don't respond in the thread. The team will deal with reports as quickly as they can.
      GFS
      GEFS Ensembles
      ECMWF
      ECMWF EPS
      NetWx-SR
      NetWx-MR
      Met-Office
      Fax
      GEM
      GFS Hourly