Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
3 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Three days of heavy rain and a 2 ft deep puddle at the end of my lane, so refreshing ...

Good Lord - I never knew there were 8000m hills in Cumbria!   Must take some climbing....  

We have also had three days of rain - heavy showers Saturday, heavy driving rain in strong winds yesterday (more like Autumn), clear overnight and then heavy rain again this morning without the wind.  Pretty normal for here, really.  It's brightened up nicely now, and I'm hoping for a few more settled and warm days up to the weekend.  Everywhere is looking much greener already.

• Like 2

Posted

For the weather on the ground, where we live ECM216hrs shows a fresh northerly, now that would feel different.

Who saw that one coming!

Edited by DAVID SNOW
  • Like 2

Posted
Just now, DAVID SNOW said:

For the weather on the ground, where we live ECM216hrs shows a fresh northerly, now that would feel different.

Absolutely bizarre from the ECM!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

not much, if any, support though for strong ridging to our west, other then transitory features. but in saying that the ukmo also suggests ridging to our west. itll be interesting if tonights NOAAs lend support to that.

tbh.... i dont like the ecm, not because of what its showing but its seemingly odd runs, and its 'drunken spider' isobars..

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

not much, if any, support though for strong ridging to our west, other then transitory features. but in saying that the ukmo also suggests ridging to our west. itll be interesting if tonights NOAAs lend support to that.

tbh.... i dont like the ecm, not because of what its showing but its seemingly odd runs, and its 'drunken spider' isobars..

and 27 minutes later todays noaa's DO support the ecm.

Posted
4 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

lol.

Staying on topic in here, ECM240hrs is on the cool side but nice in the sunshine(for those that like it)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
7 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

Well, the experts on here say EC is top model, but steve murr expert, he was saying heat will hit wasn't he

Posted
1 minute ago, DAVID SNOW said:

lol.

Staying on topic in here, ECM240hrs is on the cool side but nice in the sunshine(for those that like it)

ay, it wont be too bad, assuming it verifies, and possibly mean 'no more heat' if that establishes there?.. tbh i dont care much now. i cannot complain at the cracking summer we have enjoyed and im not fan of (mid onwards) august/september.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Re the comments on the main model thread looking at anomaly charts and mentioning August 2006... I could live with that, actually. Nothing special for August, but the first two-thirds of September 2006 was spectacular, with 30 °C in mid-month!

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Well, the experts on here say EC is top model, but steve murr expert, he was saying heat will hit wasn't he

well imho an 'expert' is one with a proven track record of getting predictions right.

but i thought mr murr was pointing out what was needed for records to be broken, more then a certain prediction?

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Arctic Hare said:

Re the comments on the main model thread looking at anomaly charts and mentioning August 2006... I could live with that, actually. Nothing special for August, but the first two-thirds of September 2006 was spectacular, with 30 °C in mid-month!

well we would have to live with it! lol, but i didnt like it much. too dull here, and atm the anomaly charts dont support an august 06 pattern, they would need to intensify the western ridge quite a lot. so hopefully that wont happen.

of course that ridging now expected to our west could transfer slowly east and produce a lengthy settled and hot spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

well imho an 'expert' is one with a proven track record of getting predictions right.

I prefer the older definition, mushy - an 'ex' is an unknown quantity, and a 'spurt' is a drip under pressure!:drinks:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

An average August would be okay but the sunshine levels of the past 2-3 months have made me realise how below par UK summers really are. Our temperatures would be fine if the sun just shone more often. 

And a below average month rainfall-wise would be appreciated - not extremely so, but maybe 30-35mm.

Anything but a very cloudy, wet month.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cheese said:

An average August would be okay but the sunshine levels of the past 2-3 months have made me realise how below par UK summers really are. Our temperatures would be fine if the sun just shone more often. 

And a below average month rainfall-wise would be appreciated - not extremely so, but maybe 30-35mm.

Aye , don't want soggy cheese

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
47 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

He doesn't post often in the Summer but when he does he over hypes things as usual. Tamara (if you can figure out all the jargon) is a more sensible poster as are a few others like singularity. They don't normally hype up records might be broken and other extreme outcomes like a Hollywood movie when the reality is we did not even break the July record never mind the all time one from 2003.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Thank you. The injury does sound a bit silly but I know it was very painful, he’s not a complainer but is squeamish. Thankfully, no more howling winds for the foreseeable.

Oh he ll be fine. I find whiskey very useful in painful situations like that.

I must confess I have enjoyed this last few days weather,over the allotment just now,nice wind and a passing shower,pleasant relief.

Amazing crop of spuds given the extreme dry conditions. Only watered them twice in 10 weeks!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
26 minutes ago, cheese said:

Quite. Sunshine, or the lack of it, is by far the biggest negative to our climate. It’s so important to have as many hours of sunshine as possible in the warmer months, as winter here is nearly always a very depressing season. I’m hoping August is sunnier than average, even if we don’t have much heat.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
24 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Oh he ll be fine. I find whiskey very useful in painful situations like that.

I must confess I have enjoyed this last few days weather,over the allotment just now,nice wind and a passing shower,pleasant relief.

Amazing crop of spuds given the extreme dry conditions. Only watered them twice in 10 weeks!!

He’ll be ok. His thumb is so swollen, looks nasty. Still bleeding but hopefully on the mend.

Are your crops doing ok? Glad your spuds did well. My tomatoes had a bit of wind damage from the weekend, think they enjoyed the rain, though. I didn’t enjoy the cool, cloudy feel to today, bring back the warm sun ☀️ 

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
26 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

He doesn't post often in the Summer but when he does he over hypes things as usual. Tamara (if you can figure out all the jargon) is a more sensible poster as are a few others like singularity. They don't normally hype up records might be broken and other extreme outcomes like a Hollywood movie when the reality is we did not even break the July record never mind the all time one from 2003.

and after hyping it up, and it dosen't happen, no posts for a few days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, stainesbloke said:

He’ll be ok. His thumb is so swollen, looks nasty. Still bleeding but hopefully on the mend.

Are your crops doing ok? Glad your spuds did well. My tomatoes had a bit of wind damage from the weekend, think they enjoyed the rain, though. I didn’t enjoy the cool, cloudy feel to today, bring back the warm sun ☀️ 

It was a rough weekend , canibis plants devastated though poppy and coca plants doing fine ...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

as it has cooled down back in the UK it has got hot here..currently under a heat warning and a severe thunderstorm watch 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
8 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

It was a rough weekend , canibis plants devastated though poppy and coca plants doing fine ...

Drug dealer 

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes,rather pleases with the spuds. Tomatoes got damaged at weekend as well but tied them up.

Looks like we gonna get some rain tonight then thats it for the foreseeable. Beeb going for 33c for us on Friday,gonna book the day off and head up to the common,always a bit of cooling breeze up there.

I just realized it's not the SE Thread. Oooops!!!

• Like 2