Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
42 minutes ago, markyo said:

Agree totally,end of this week the rise in temps will happen,to the scale and longevity we have just had? Nope,highly unlikely in my view. To have a reload of the same conditions in a maritime based climate the like of which we have would be highly unusual. Low to mid 20's showing till mid August further North i feel. Further south yes something warmer,record breaker,not a chance.

I think the fine weather will continue for the first 2 weeks of August then, whoosh early Autumn.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

With the huge pool of heat to our south, the saying "don't tempt fate" comes to mind.

35c is possible even in early September for instance.

Yep. Only in 2016, 34.4C was reached on September 14th!

Posted
57 minutes ago, markyo said:

Agree totally,end of this week the rise in temps will happen,to the scale and longevity we have just had? Nope,highly unlikely in my view. To have a reload of the same conditions in a maritime based climate the like of which we have would be highly unusual. Low to mid 20's showing till mid August further North i feel. Further south yes something warmer,record breaker,not a chance.

There’s every chance of the very high temps will return because the synoptics are there for it. If a maritime climate can deliver 2 months without rain, then it’s very possible.

Edited by Djdazzle

Posted
12 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Yep. Only in 2016, 34.4C was reached on September 14th!

yes I remember that, though with a lot less daylight and weaker sun, it wasn't the same as a June or July 34c to me anyway.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

yes I remember that, though with a lot less daylight and weaker sun, it wasn't the same as a June or July 34c to me anyway.

Agreed. And dark too early!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
56 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

With the huge pool of heat to our south, the saying "don't tempt fate" comes to mind.

35c is possible even in early September for instance.

Sorry,the nerd in me forgot say it was mathematically shorter odds of a reload of than earlier in summer. Not impossible by any means just very unlikely.

Posted
41 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

There’s every chance of the very high temps will return because the synoptics are there for it. If a maritime climate can deliver 2 months without rain, then it’s very possible.

But the odds are lower,each week that goes by the longer those odds......which i am sooooo happy about. First time in 2 months i've felt alive! So much more energy.

Posted
6 minutes ago, markyo said:

But the odds are lower,each week that goes by the longer those odds......which i am sooooo happy about. First time in 2 months i've felt alive! So much more energy.

I would say the odds start to decrease slightly after the 1st week in August, but not significantly so until further into the month. We have dry conditions (despite the thunderstorms) and very warm SSTs. Add to thst the serious heat to our south and the jet stream being far north. This summer is far from ordinary. The Atlantic has got its toe in the door for a couple of days, and will quickly be evicted!

Edited by Djdazzle
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

It's the humidity and general design of our homes which makes heatwaves unbearable. It was noticeable coming back from high 30's in California to a London Heathrow in high 20's the other year. I would happily spend a day in 40ºC low humidity heat than our humid yuck that is unescapable without air con.

Can't really moan about it though as this heatwave and a decent Summer was long overdue, it's almost as rare as a proper Winter these days!

Posted
27 minutes ago, markyo said:

Hiya,

You gave me a bit of encouragement when I was suffering with SAD in a long run of grey days in December and explained your reverse SAD. Glad you are enjoying the weather today. I’m hoping high pressure comes back as have a two week family holiday in north west Wales starting Friday. Low 20s, dry with lots of sun would be perfect though and probably suit everyone except the record chasers. Sadly we can’t influence what the weather will do though!

Edited by Maz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

This summer is far from ordinary.

Yep your bang on there,i remember 76....just. This feels like it in some ways. To be honest anything could happen apart from a wash out August,that isn't going to happen,if it did i would be gobsmacked. A moderation of the heat,more rainfall(not huge amounts) is odds on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, DAVID SNOW said:

I think the fine weather will continue for the first 2 weeks of August then, whoosh early Autumn.

Fair bit of ‘whoosh’ today with that unnecessary wind, same tomorrow. Though still warm in the sun. Hopefully, autumn will appear in autumn, not summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
25 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

I would say the odds start to decrease slightly after the 1st week in August, but not significantly so until further into the month. We have dry conditions (despite the thunderstorms) and very warm SSTs. Add to thst the serious heat to our south and the jet stream being far north. This summer is far from ordinary. The Atlantic has got its toe in the door for a couple of days, and will quickly be evicted!

Hope so! Am nowhere near done with summer, yet. Just have to think back to the misery of January to start feeling bilious

Posted
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Fair bit of ‘whoosh’ today with that unnecessary wind, same tomorrow. Though still warm in the sun. Hopefully, autumn will appear in autumn, not summer.

All the great summers have had blips, 1995 had plenty. Let's hope this is the last cool weather until September!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Maz said:

Hiya,

You gave me a bit of encouragement when I was suffering with SAD in a long run of grey days in December and exclaimed your reverse SAD. Glad you are enjoying the weather today. I’m hoping high pressure comes back as have a two week family holiday in north west Wales starting Friday. Low 20s, dry with lots of sun would be perfect though and probably suit everyone except the record chasers. Sadly we can’t influence what the weather will do though!

Fingers crossed you should have a good 2 weeks! Those temps sound roughly right hopefully,perfect for a family holiday.For me it's like having a old friend back this weather,such a relief. Life is so much better. As for the record chasers....least said the better. (i include the ones in Winter in that!)

Really sorry to hear you suffer from SAD in the Winter,until you go through it nobody can truly understand how hard it is. Hope this weather is making up for it in some way.

Posted
1 minute ago, Scorcher said:

All the great summers have had blips, 1995 had plenty. Let's hope this is the last cool weather until September!

Indeed. Can’t complain about this summer, it’s been fabulous! Another month or two of warm sun would be perfect 

Posted
9 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Well summer appeared in spring this year, unusual year all round so far.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

We certainly had a warm May, made up for winter in March 

Posted
13 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Maybe we will have summer until the end of October, a three week autumn then a cold winter!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Lovely and fresh this morning. The 'howling' wind is back and very welcome it is too. Respite from the heat and much more comfortable. More days like this are needed. :)

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

We certainly had a warm May, made up for winter in March 

April was 2 degrees above average(cet)

Posted
11 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Maybe we will have summer until the end of October, a three week autumn then a cold winter!

Maybe!

Posted
24 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

April was 2 degrees above average(cet)

But it was largely miserable 

Posted
37 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

We can dream. If the blocked scenario continues into winter, could be a lot for the coldies to enjoy

Posted
39 minutes ago, simshady said:

Lovely and fresh this morning. The 'howling' wind is back and very welcome it is too. Respite from the heat and much more comfortable. More days like this are needed.

Feels fresh, actually a bit cool in that unpleasant wind. Still warm in the sun. Warmer weather returning from Tuesday, thankfully.