Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Another hot, sultry day. 28c and sunny currently 

Edited by danm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
13 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Speak for yourself. Everyone I know is absolutely loving this summer. The fresh weather can wait until September, as far as I’m concerned. 

Really?  I wonder whether those who don't claim they do so as not to seem antisocial?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
32 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Any chance of snow in August to kill all the wasps

I'm hoping the Beast from the East took care of most of the horrid things, I've only seen one this summer so far, l'm  all for a scorching August, and all the signs are there, but the last thing we need is a wasp fest! 

Edited by Mike Poole
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
36 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Really?  I wonder whether those who don't claim they do so as not to seem antisocial?

Everyone i know would like to be able to sleep at night without sticking to the bed

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
39 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Maybe, though seems unlikely. Why lie about finding it too hot? 

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Maybe, though seems unlikely. Why lie about finding it too hot? 

Perhaps they dont want to seem like a wuss.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
53 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Any chance of snow in August to kill all the wasps

No doubt this post was tongue and cheek (enoji is a dead giveaway lol) but can't say I found it amusing, wasps are in serious decline already and if they disappear our ecosystem is in serious trouble, less insects to pollinate will impact food production etc among other impacts, it really wouldn't be a laughing matter if it ever happened for real! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Or they just have chronic 'likitis': post a chart at T+300 (summer or winter) and claim it shows either mega-heat or mega-snow respectively...?

The fact that they're usually about as accurate as a load of drunken teenagers playing about with a Ouija Board is neither here nor there!

It's the keywords that count? Fake nooze!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

Or they just have chronic 'likitis': post a chart at T+300 (summer or winter) and claim it shows either mega-heat or mega-snow respectively...?

The fact that they're usually about as accurate as a load of drunken teenagers playing about with a Ouija Board is neither here nor there!

It's the keywords that count? Fake nooze!

My sentiments entirely - everything is done for artifice and social media.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
24 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

On this forum, indeed many chase likes and court popularity. In the real world, however, most of us are too busy enjoying this gorgeous summer.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

On this forum, indeed many chase likes and court popularity. In the real world, however, most of us are too busy enjoying this gorgeous summer.

Or just lying in a puddle of sweat?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

Been a few times Hokkaido mostly in snow 

Much nicer then than now i suspect!....for me anyway

Posted
26 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Or just lying in a puddle of sweat?

If one is reasonably fit and healthy, one shouldn’t be finding this weather too challenging. My Mum is in her 70’s and certainly doesn’t. Nighttimes have generally been quite comfortable and daytimes not especially humid, unlike many previous hot spells. 

Posted
10 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

If one is reasonably fit and healthy, one shouldn’t be finding this weather too challenging. My Mum is in her 70’s and certainly doesn’t. Nighttimes have generally been quite comfortable and daytimes not especially humid, unlike many previous hot spells. 

Try being a wheelchair user LOL.  All I can presume is that people in Surrey are ultra-fit and hardy while Norfolk people are weak; either that or we've had higher temperaturs and humidity for longer than you have.  I suspect if you live in an older house with minimal insulation, the heat is possibly easier to deal with as houses cool down more rapidly in th evening.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Like 1

Posted

Our area was warm/hot but not humid until around 10 or so days ago, and it wasn't too bad; you wouldn't have wanted to spend hours out in the sun without a hat and sunblock, but it wasn't uncomfortable, but the humidity has increased since then and it's been reaaly unpleasant, allied to the fact that, as I said, houses seem to have become so hot that they just radiate heat into the interior overnight.

Posted
24 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Try being a wheelchair user LOL.  All I can presume is that people in Surrey are ultra-fit and hardy while Norfolk people are weak; either that or we've had higher temperaturs and humidity for longer than you have.  I suspect if you live in an older house with minimal insulation, the heat is possibly easier to deal with as houses cool down more rapidly in th evening.

Norfolk was plagued by cloud and cool temperatures for weeks on end while places like Surrey baked. There was a large amount of moaning about the cloud, then that cleared and now the moaning is about the sunny warmth. Can’t please some people.

I sincerely hope that you are not too uncomfortable. It’s still not particularly humid, just warm. My home is 10 years old, well insulated and is cool at night. All the windows are open allowing air to move through and I have a fan on in the bedroom. No problems sleeping, whatsoever. Must be different if ones home has windows only on one side, though. 

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

Norfolk was plagued by cloud and cool temperatures for weeks on end while places like Surrey baked. There was a large amount of moaning about the cloud, then that cleared and now the moaning is about the sunny warmth. Can’t please some people.

I sincerely hope that you are not too uncomfortable. It’s still not particularly humid, just warm. My home is 10 years old, well insulated and is cool at night. All the windows are open allowing air to move through and I have a fan on in the bedroom. No problems sleeping, whatsoever. Must be different if ones home has windows only on one side, though. 

I wonder if having to live in a bungalow has anything to do with it?

Posted
13 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

I wonder if having to live in a bungalow has anything to do with it?

Are you in a bungalow? A bungalow should be cooler than a regular house, in theory. I lived in a bungalow 3 years ago and it definitely was cooler than previous properties. Am in a first floor maisonette currently and it’s lovely, no heat build up as the air moves through nicely. 

Edited by stainesbloke