Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

This is what I've been noting to. Chatting to customers, a large percentage of them are saying they want a change now. Even my heat loving colleagues are getting fed up with it.

That's what British people do. In a typical summer, all I hear anyone complain about is how rubbish the weather is, how it rains too much, how it's always cloudy, etc etc.

We, as a nation, are never satisfied. There is always reason to complain. Some people might want relief from the heat but you can be certain those very same people will start whinging when it starts raining every other day.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Change from what Aaron ,14 c and rain ??

This was last week. On leave this week.

Been much warmer than 14C here today.

2 hours ago, reef said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I've had no issues with the outside temperatures, but rather how warm it is getting inside. Even with the windows open all night it didn't drop much below 25C in here. That's the issue really, our house is so well insulated that there's no escape from it. If I had air con inside then I'd be quite happy for it to be 30C every day, until my electricity bill came that is!

Same here.I'm in a new build house and whilst the outdoor temps have been perfect, indoors it has been a different story!

Still, it's been nice to close the blinds, open the windows and get my clothes off 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

We peaked here today at 26.7C and we hit a DP of 17C a few hours before that. Pretty steamy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
14 minutes ago, Reverse Zonality said:

Same here.I'm in a new build house and whilst the outdoor temps have been perfect, indoors it has been a different story!

Still, it's been nice to close the blinds, open the windows and get my clothes off 

I live in an old house surrounded by fields and it's been warmer in here than most Summers I can remember. Despite black out curtains it's been consistently 24-27C upstairs for the past 2-3 weeks. Since May it's been very sunny so it's just baking the brick work and making the inside very warm, I would imagine ground temps are above normal as well. 

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It has been truly wonderful down here. I cannot remember a period of such low humidity during the day?! It has been down to 30 - 40% for nearly two months, apart from the odd day here & there. I haven't had a single sleepless night as the temps haven't been high either average low temp has been 14°C this month and 12°C for June.

• Like 1

Posted

Today is the first humid day I can recall for ages - certainly for more than a month. Otherwise, humidity during the day has generally been around 30-35%.

And yes, I haven't had any sleepless nights. For the most part it really has just been pleasant and comfortable.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Generally low humidity here too over the last 6-7 weeks. There has been the odd day that has felt less comfortable but the vast majority of days have been beautiful. Have only been too warm at night once, the rest of the time I’ve had no issues at all sleeping with windows open and a fan running, when needed.

I remember going camping in late July last year and it rained for 14 hours non stop with a temperature of 15C. Absolutely hideous. No such issues this summer and I can actually enjoy outdoor activities, superb. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Another scorcher down here in the SE today, maxed out at 30c. 

Still 28c at 7pm in London. After a brief cool down tomorrow (25c) it heats up again into the high 20’s/30c by the end of the working week. 

Incredible spell of weather. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
54 minutes ago, cheese said:

That's what British people do. In a typical summer, all I hear anyone complain about is how rubbish the weather is, how it rains too much, how it's always cloudy, etc etc.

We, as a nation, are never satisfied. There is always reason to complain. Some people might want relief from the heat but you can be certain those very same people will start whinging when it starts raining every other day.

Seriously? Your one of the worst moaners on here!

Anyway the big issue is looking at the charts is,,,,Relief or no Relief...That is the question. I know were the majority are wanting now.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

Seriously? Your one of the worst moaners on here!

Anyway the big issue is looking at the charts is,,,,Relief or no Relief...That is the question. I know were the majority are wanting now.

I don't moan about the weather though - I moan about other people (and there are lots of people to moan about on this forum).

And what the majority want is of no relevance to me - I won't be happy until it's 40C with 100% humidity. That will really separate the men from the boys. 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, CreweCold said:

We peaked here today at 26.7C and we hit a DP of 17C a few hours before that. Pretty steamy.

Interesting contrast, down here its 28c DP11c and humidity 34%, comfortable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
21 minutes ago, cheese said:

I don't moan about the weather though - I moan about other people (and there are lots of people to moan about on this forum).

And what the majority want is of no relevance to me - I won't be happy until it's 40C with 100% humidity. That will really separate the men from the boys. 

I like your stance believe it or not! Its just friendly banter after all That's what were all her for i hope,by the way how about swapping jobs? You'll get your wish then heat and humidity wise.!

Posted
5 minutes ago, markyo said:

I like your stance believe it or not! Its just friendly banter after all That's what were all her for i hope,by the way how about swapping jobs? You'll get your wish then heat and humidity wise.!

Nah you're fine, I'll just stick my head in a boiling pot.

For the time being I will just have to suffer in my air conditioned office while you enjoy working in a hot and stuffy environment.  

Edited by cheese

Posted

Weird I am always uncomfortable and moaning about the heat at work but the moment I get home I look at the models willing them to show more heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

it makes no difference what some people might want, the weather isnt run on democratic principals... itll do whatever it wants to do

and this summer is heading to be a true classic, one that will be remembered with affection by those us us who love the warmth... even if we sweat a bit... that doesnt bother me.

we have waited a very long time for a summer like this... it might well be another very long time before we get another... just enjoy it whilst you can.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms
2 hours ago, cheese said:

Today is the first humid day I can recall for ages - certainly for more than a month. Otherwise, humidity during the day has generally been around 30-35%.

And yes, I haven't had any sleepless nights. For the most part it really has just been pleasant and comfortable.

Ive still got the winter duvet on and can only remember 1 night where i struggled to get to sleep.

I seriously cant believe the longeviety of this spell. Who remembers the days of hunting for short lived Spanish Plumes or temporary ridges. We will look back on this summer for a very long time and its hard to believe were just past half way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

I think having a fairly long run of run of the mill summers meant most people were happy with a few days of heat, bang with a storm and then wait again. This summer has been 7 continuous weeks of amazing weather now, 49 days without any rain is just amazing. There is a chance we could make it to at least Monday here now without a drop which would take us up to 55. I’ve no idea what the record is, but it can’t be longer, even in 1976 surely! Trevor Harley’s page mentions some places had 45 days without ppn...well we’ve sailed past that one. A half decent August and this summer will go up in lights with 1976, 1995 etc

Edited by mb018538

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A few posts have been removed this morning. Can we please avoid the name calling and insults please and stick to moaning about the model output.

Thank you.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
15 hours ago, No Balls Like Snow Balls said:

This is the most uninteresting spell of weather I have had to endure for god knows how long.

Give me autumn wind and rain anyday. 

That's true of any high pressure. There is little of interest when one sticks around for so long apart from temperatures if it gets hot or cold or even big diurnal ranges.

Not sure what interesting about rain and wind though. You'll get sick of that and beg for high pressure ala Autumn 2000. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Spot the high pressure near the country in Autumn/Winter...the only area you'll see it will be at the Azores or over southern central Europe.

Have to agree though from a meteorological perspective fairly boring watching the models currently...degrees on a variation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
12 hours ago, mb018538 said:

I think having a fairly long run of run of the mill summers meant most people were happy with a few days of heat, bang with a storm and then wait again. This summer has been 7 continuous weeks of amazing weather now, 49 days without any rain is just amazing. There is a chance we could make it to at least Monday here now without a drop which would take us up to 55. I’ve no idea what the record is, but it can’t be longer, even in 1976 surely! Trevor Harley’s page mentions some places had 45 days without ppn...well we’ve sailed past that one. A half decent August and this summer will go up in lights with 1976, 1995 etc

not so here m8y..

this splendid sunny warm / hot spell has only been here 3 weeks (and 2 days ) , before then whilst it was mainly dry, it was cloudy. it last rained here on june 16th when we had a tropical monsoon late in the afternoon.

Posted
13 hours ago, mb018538 said:

I read the record is Mile End - 73 days from 4th March to 15th May 1893.

We might well get there at this rate....another 3 weeks and it's be in the 70 days...