Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another lovely day! What an amazing summer. I honestly cannot believe that so many people are moaning on here, they must be ill-prepared farmers, surely? It’s not even been that hot, mid to high 20’s generally, with low humidities, hardly an extreme heatwave. As a regular camper, I’m absolutely loving being able to enjoy being outdoors in summer without being frozen or soaked, or both! 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Another lovely day! What an amazing summer. I honestly cannot believe that so many people are moaning on here, they must be ill-prepared farmers, surely? It’s not even been that hot, mid to high 20’s generally, with low humidities, hardly an extreme heatwave. As a regular camper, I’m absolutely loving being able to enjoy being outdoors in summer without being frozen or soaked, or both! 

I can't speak for everyone, but I've had no issues with the outside temperatures, but rather how warm it is getting inside. Even with the windows open all night it didn't drop much below 25C in here. That's the issue really, our house is so well insulated that there's no escape from it. If I had air con inside then I'd be quite happy for it to be 30C every day, until my electricity bill came that is!

• Like 1

Posted

This is the most uninteresting spell of weather I have had to endure for god knows how long.

Give me autumn wind and rain anyday. 

• Like 3

Posted
13 minutes ago, No Balls Like Snow Balls said:

This is the most uninteresting spell of weather I have had to endure for god knows how long.

Well wait until Autumn then - the clue is in the phrase.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, No Balls Like Snow Balls said:

Autumn wind and rain is ok - in autumn. Definitely not in summer.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, reef said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I've had no issues with the outside temperatures, but rather how warm it is getting inside. Even with the windows open all night it didn't drop much below 25C in here. That's the issue really, our house is so well insulated that there's no escape from it. If I had air con inside then I'd be quite happy for it to be 30C every day, until my electricity bill came that is!

That’s a major issue in British homes, built to keep the warmth in, not quite so good in a warm summer. I do feel for you, have you though about a mobile aircon unit? They’re about £250 and keep a room very cool.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, No Balls Like Snow Balls said:

Your displeasure is my pleasure...you can have your wind and rain in 3 months time...

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

And the GFS12Z issues a "Stand down from heat alert":D

How many times has it done that? ECM and UKMO are not showing that. 

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

And the GFS12Z issues a "Stand down from heat alert":D

Except that it doesn’t! Looks hot from Fri through to Mon. Anything after that Is irrelevant.

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Except that it doesn’t! Looks hot from Fri through to Mon. Anything after that Is irrelevant.

lol, the 06 run was hot from fri to the end, the 12 is not.

Just a bit of fun.

Posted
1 minute ago, DAVID SNOW said:

lol, the 06 run was hot from fri to the end, the 12 is not.

Just a bit of fun.

Fair enough. Awaiting ECM . . .

Posted
11 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

How many times has it done that? ECM and UKMO are not showing that. 

Nearly every day for the last 15 years to my memory:D

Slight exaggeration, but you get the gist.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Awful day today,hot,cloudy and humid. Anybody finding pleasure in that kind of weather really baffles me, Every single person i spoke to today hated it and before anybody starts i've done nearly 300 miles,visited 5 sites,all said the same, Uncomfortable,sick of it,wanting a change.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, markyo said:

Awful day today,hot,cloudy and humid. Anybody finding pleasure in that kind of weather really baffles me, Every single person i spoke to today hated it and before anybody starts i've done nearly 300 miles,visited 5 sites,all said the same, Uncomfortable,sick of it,wanting a change.

Lucky down this way then, though the air temp was on the warm side the humidity stayed around 30%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
6 minutes ago, markyo said:

Working in the construction industry, like I do, isn’t much fun at the moment. Love working out in the cold but this weather is absolutely draining. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
2 hours ago, reef said:

Opening your windows will just have the affect of letting the warm air in. Try closing all the windows during the day and pulling all the blinds/curtains and in theory the ambient temperature shouldn’t rise above 19 degrees. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
20 minutes ago, markyo said:

This is what I've been noting too. Chatting to customers, a large percentage of them are saying they want a change now. Even my heat loving colleagues are getting fed up with it.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

It's a scorching hot 24C today, it's simply horrendous - I am literally melting. Wah wah wah.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
Just now, cheese said:

It's a scorching hot 24C today, it's simply horrendous - I am literally melting. Wah wah wah.

The temperature has nothing to do with it today, it was pure humidity. I went out earlier on before the rain and I had sweat literally dripping down my face. That is not pleasant in any way.

• Like 4