Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted

For summer lovers.......hope.....

...for summer haters.....a warning......

Chart for 25th July 2003

NOAA_1_2003072512_1.png

Chart for 31st July 1984

NOAA_1_1984073112_1.png

Chart for 14th July 1995

NOAA_1_1995071406_1.png

Chart for 13th July 1976

NOAA_1_1976071318_1.png

Chart for 15th July 1975

NOAA_1_1975071500_1.png

Chart for 12th July 1959

NOAA_1_1959071206_1.png

Chart for 14th July 1933

NOAA_1_1933071406_1.png

Chart for 30th July 1911

NOAA_1_1911073006_1.png

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Just seen the Beeb forecasting 'average' maxes of 24-25C for next Thursday/Friday...I'm sure that, 'when are were a lud', 22-23 was more like the July average?

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Just seen the Beeb forecasting 'average' maxes of 24-25C for next Thursday/Friday...I'm sure that, 'when are were a lud', 22-23 was more like the July average?

Is it because the cities are more 'built up' now, generating more UHI effect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
7 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Only responding old bean ,lol back to the weather it is then

Old bean you say?

Image result for old mr bean

Posted
41 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Why would someone who lives in Yorkshire rave over London GEFS, seems odd to me.

Who knows. But it saves me the trouble!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Why would someone who lives in Yorkshire rave over London GEFS, seems odd to me.

dave, F.F.L, rep points system

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Made that point before, don't understand it. The weather in London means nothing to me, as I'm sure the weather up here means nothing to a Londoner.

That being said, next week looks fine here, 22-23C and largely dry. The Met Office forecast for Monday here shows a 30% chance of rain for 7pm so we could escape Monday without any rain too, or just a tiny bit. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really sick of this weather now,some rest bite this week though. Just praying that this extends further,the thought of another hot spell fills me with dread. This is turning into the toughest summer since that nightmare of 2003.☹️ It really is a pain in the a***e this crap we've had now for so long,mother nature needs to give us a break!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
1 minute ago, markyo said:

Really sick of this weather now,some rest bite this week though. Just praying that this extends further,the thought of another hot spell fills me with dread. This is turning into the toughest summer since that nightmare of 2003.☹️ It really is a pain in the a***e this crap we've had now for so long,mother nature needs to give us a break!

For so long....6 weeks?! Come on, the weather is pants and chilly/cool/cold for probably 40-45 weeks of the year, it’s not that bad  It’s natures karma for the beast in the east earlier in the year and me having to stand outside for hours with my feet falling off

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

chilly/cool/cold 

That equals comfortable!(though your definition of chilly/cool and cold i suspect differs to mine!) Least one can sleep!!!

Edited by markyo

Posted

After seeing some of the posting going on in here and other threads this summer, I’m going to dedicate my time to moaning all throughout the winter and celebrating when snow fails to materialise. I bet I get shot down pretty quick. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
45 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

For so long....6 weeks?! Come on, the weather is pants and chilly/cool/cold for probably 40-45 weeks of the year, it’s not that bad  It’s natures karma for the beast in the east earlier in the year and me having to stand outside for hours with my feet falling off

I think your forgetting the very warm May as well on top of the 6 weeks or so...but not until recently has it been uncomfortable to sleep. People forget not everybody loves wall to wall sun and heat, from a meteorological perspective I'm finding this weather quite boring now, same synoptics varying to a degree for weeks. Looking ahead not much change, in fact wouldn't surprise me if it gets hotter come late July and still dry.

• Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Quite how chilly / cold is comfortable is a mystery! I want to be able to sit outside in the evening without a coat if that’s OK?

I was in shorts  during most of last Winter,ok March was a exception but for me low teens down is not chilly at all,just comfortable. Single figures down to 3 to 4c is chilly,below that is cold. So for me a cold spell in the UK is very short lived. 

As for coats.....some folk have had them on last week!!. Now that's weird.

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, Azazel said:

After seeing some of the posting going on in here and other threads this summer, I’m going to dedicate my time to moaning all throughout the winter and celebrating when snow fails to materialise. I bet I get shot down pretty quick. 

Please feel free to moan..after all that's what this thread is for! I moan because i hate this weather,you'll moan in the Winter because you hate the weather. What's the issue with that? We are all different.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

I was in shorts  during most of last Winter,ok March was a exception but for me low teens down is not chilly at all,just comfortable. Single figures down to 3 to 4c is chilly,below that is cold. So for me a cold spell in the UK is very short lived. 

How much snow settled on your legs?:rofl:

• Like 3

Posted

Not much Ed....i've got little legs,a trait of us cavemen

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, markyo said:

The other weekend it wad 31c in London and somebody was wearing a coat on the Tube!

• Like 2

Posted
50 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Pretty much what happens in Winter anyway! People moaning about others moaning in the moan thread has got to be the height of irony though. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

@Azazel you will certainly get chopped down if you dare to mild ramp in the winter

I think wearing shorts in winter isn’t really normal though! Guy I play pool with does it too, shorts and espadrilles when it’s like 5c outside! Absolutely crackers. Cool weather is lovely though, I do love a nice winter high pressure with clear cold air. Gales wind and rain can bog off, my idea of weather hell.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

@Azazel you will certainly get chopped down if you dare to mild ramp in the winter

I think wearing shorts in winter isn’t really normal though! Guy I play pool with does it too, shorts and espadrilles when it’s like 5c outside! Absolutely crackers. Cool weather is lovely though, I do love a nice winter high pressure with clear cold air. Gales wind and rain can bog off, my idea of weather hell.

A cool crisp day is lovely - just not in summer!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

It’s not that hot lol,you have never visited a hot country obviously.Dont worry winter will be here which will be wet and mild and all blocking will be gone as per usual in winter months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
4 hours ago, markyo said:

Mother Nature WILL give us a break... From September until next spring!

• Like 2