Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
On 11/07/2018 at 12:04, mushymanrob said:

so?

are you suggesting that longing for more sun/heat shouldnt be allowed because you want rain?..

great to see the mod thread alive in summer... there was a time not so very long ago when it was dead. :)

Absolutely not, but there's been some moaning on here at the prospect of even a small amount of rain and a presumption that all weather enthusiasts will automatically hate the idea.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Paul said:

It's pretty simple really, this is a model banter thread, not a snipe at eachother thread. So if someone wants to ask a question or clarify something, then the pm system is the way forward, rather than making a drama out of not a lot in here. And fwiw, I've edited the original post to remove the comment in any case. 

I don'r accept that. If someone makes a public comment then it must be acceptable to ask for clarification in public.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, knocker said:

I don'r accept that. If someone makes a public comment then it must be acceptable to ask for clarification in public.

Not if the question is made in a slightly hostile and/or cryptic way, in a thread in which it's irrelevant, and when it would be very simple to ask the question privately if the answer is that important to you. 

Posted
On 11/07/2018 at 14:41, mushymanrob said:

ironically thats what i was thinking he might have been saying!

of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, and i know there are many who hate this weather, fair play, but IF theres guilt tripping involved then thats not on really...

No guilt tripping on my part; merely pointing-out that there are differences of preference on here in summer as well as those (such as yours) in winter.  I've been enjoying the sunny weather, of course, but we've barely seen any rain in six weeks here and the risk of wildfires in the Brecks, which are comparatively near to my area, and Thetford Forest, is very high, plus trying to do any sort of gardening other than growing arid-climate plants is tiring and time-consuming with our rainwater supply having run out.  I also find the landscape around me rather depressing in shades of khaki and camouflage drab rather than green.  Is it too much to ask for a couple or three wet days?

Posted
21 hours ago, draztik said:

But, in all seriousness, this is long overdue. The country needs some water. 

Some here seem to deny that...

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

You can have mine ,3 hours of rain and it bored me to death 

Cheers LOL.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
31 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Absolutely not, but there's been some moaning on here at the prospect of even a small amount of rain and a presumption that all weather enthusiasts will automatically hate the idea.

24 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

No guilt tripping on my part; merely pointing-out that there are differences of preference on here in summer as well as those (such as yours) in winter.  I've been enjoying the sunny weather, of course, but we've barely seen any rain in six weeks here and the risk of wildfires in the Brecks, which are comparatively near to my area, and Thetford Forest, is very high, plus trying to do any sort of gardening other than growing arid-climate plants is tiring and time-consuming with our rainwater supply having run out.  I also find the landscape around me rather depressing in shades of khaki and camouflage drab rather than green.  Is it too much to ask for a couple or three wet days?

fair play :)

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Came off a site today,went from 36c on site to 16c gentle cool rain.....what can i say,pure heaven. Such a long dry hot spell just makes the rain freshen up things so much more,it felt fantastic,almost worth the wait!! Everything just felt clean,loved it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Nice 12z GFS  run, no heat wave.

Not nice enough i'm afraid, moderation of heat yes but still a predominantly muggy atlantic TM pattern, yuck, roll on Autumn and not the pseudo Autumn some people say will start next week.

• Like 1

Posted
50 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Not nice enough i'm afraid, moderation of heat yes but still a predominantly muggy atlantic TM pattern, yuck, roll on Autumn and not the pseudo Autumn some people say will start next week.

Even though i long for those crisp Autumn days,to be fair its only Mid July,yep like you i hate this weather but heat is still needed at this time of year i'm afraid,a cooling trend would be good for those working,low 20c temps are perfect at this time of year. Fingers crossed this weekends humidity will be short lived,that is the main issue,that type of southern muck is the worst in my view,does nothing but cause discomfort,

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Eugene said:

Well, moderation of heat is good enough for me, and talk of the 'best' is yet to come, may well turn out to be cobblers. Summer continues.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Came off a site today,went from 36c on site to 16c gentle cool rain.....what can i say,pure heaven. Such a long dry hot spell just makes the rain freshen up things so much more,it felt fantastic,almost worth the wait!! Everything just felt clean,loved it.

Totally agree mate. I have noticed a slight drop in indoor temps over the past 24 hours as well, every little helps!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
3 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Nice 12z GFS  run, no heat wave.

Boohoo, there's just a few months out of the year where real heat is possible and I'd rather not waste those months on cool or average temps, we have all of autumn, winter and spring for cool, cold or average temps.

Rain is needed for farmers and wildlife though so I hope we see some of that rare commodity falling from the sky but I also hope we haven't seen the last of the heat this summer. Heat and widespread thunderstorms would be good. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Boohoo, there's just a few months out of the year where real heat is possible and I'd rather not waste those months on cool or average temps, we have all of autumn, winter and spring for cool, cold or average temps.

Rain is needed for farmers and wildlife though so I hope we see some of that rare commodity falling from the sky but I also hope we haven't seen the last of the heat this summer. Heat and widespread thunderstorms would be good. 

Most farmers I know are moaning miserable sods who plead poverty then buy 60 grand land rovers  , no rain ,to much rain ,lol

• Like 2

Posted

8 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Most farmers I know are moaning miserable sods who plead poverty then buy 60 grand land rovers  , no rain ,to much rain ,lol

Small farmer here of 185 acres drives 93000mile Volvo V50 estate.We are actually feeding cattle just now outside in summer due to the lack of grass  growth and a 7 inch soil moisture deficit. These dry conditions are prevalent across a wide area of the main crop growing areas of the world.Prices will almost certainly rise this autumn for a lot of staple foods despite the best attempts of the supermarkets to hold them down. This  world wide dry weather will end up costing everyone.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Rained a bit today, but not much, only 0.3mm. Hot and sunny for Sat and Sun, so that beautiful Mediterranean-esque landscape continues. 

Still hoping my 50C heatwave appears, burn the landscape to a crisp, lovely stuff.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Nooo don't want it any warmer. Spent enough already running the fleet of portable air conditioners at home......

Despite being more tolerant to heat, it finally got to me with coming home to a hot house after work so on it went. I should invest in a central system.

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, cheese said:

Rained a bit today, but not much, only 0.3mm. Hot and sunny for Sat and Sun, so that beautiful Mediterranean-esque landscape continues. 

Still hoping my 50C heatwave appears, burn the landscape to a crisp, lovely stuff.

Your room is booked at the funny farm cheese,could be i long stay i suspect

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Small farmer here of 185 acres drives 93000mile Volvo V50 estate.We are actually feeding cattle just now outside in summer due to the lack of grass  growth and a 7 inch soil moisture deficit. These dry conditions are prevalent across a wide area of the main crop growing areas of the world.Prices will almost certainly rise this autumn for a lot of staple foods despite the best attempts of the supermarkets to hold them down. This  world wide dry weather will end up costing everyone.

That maybe so but maybe local farmers here are richer or off fat on subsidies, btw I have 22 acres here ,lol

Edited by Mokidugway

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
12 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

That maybe so but maybe local farmers here are richer or off fat on subsidies, btw I have 22 acres here ,lol

Does it realy matter what some farmers have got, Or have not got, Or anyone els for that matter? Or where members have been or not been..This is the model ramp moan thread..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Irrepective of how wealthy individual farmers are, I think most would be pleased to have some rain next week, even if only in the form of heavy downpours.  I agree that our window of opportunity in the UK for heat is narrower than in many other countries, but bear in mind many of those other countries have massive drought problems.  I fail to understand how one week of cooler unsettled weather with a rapid return to dry, hot weather is a disaster or somehow outweighs the heatwave we've already had.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
29 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Irrepective of how wealthy individual farmers are, I think most would be pleased to have some rain next week, even if only in the form of heavy downpours.  I agree that our window of opportunity in the UK for heat is narrower than in many other countries, but bear in mind many of those other countries have massive drought problems.  I fail to understand how one week of cooler unsettled weather with a rapid return to dry, hot weather is a disaster or somehow outweighs the heatwave we've already had.

Oddly enough next week will probably be warmer for many of us down here as we have lost that NE wind.

Looking at the models i think southern areas could be struggling with any rain with reliance of showers which will probably be rather scattered as pressure never really falls that much. Tuesday looks the best bet but it looks like high pressure will probably ridge in enough to squeeze out shower activity for many.

• Like 1