Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Not really - it’s just speculation at the moment. ECM just pricked people’s ears up as it almost erases any form of breakdown....almost to the point where some will wonder what all the fuss is about.

Posted
5 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Not really - it’s just speculation at the moment. ECM just pricked people’s ears up as it almost erases any form of breakdown....almost to the point where some will wonder what all the fuss is about.

I wasn't aware of any fuss and the term 'breakdown' has been misleadingly overused from the get go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Might I point out that some of us want/need some rain, especially here in East Anglia which is nearly Serengeti-esque after over a month of dry weather?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
3 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Might I point out that some of us want/need some rain, especially here in East Anglia which is nearly Serengeti-esque after over a month of dry weather?

No, you might not.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
5 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

pop over to GFS it ends your rain worrys, probably marking the beginning of some major flooding worrys

Edited by 38.5*C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
17 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

so?

are you suggesting that longing for more sun/heat shouldnt be allowed because you want rain?..

great to see the mod thread alive in summer... there was a time not so very long ago when it was dead. :)

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

so?

are you suggesting that longing for more sun/heat shouldnt be allowed because you want rain?..

great to see the mod thread alive in summer... there was a time not so very long ago when it was dead. :)

I think he's just expressing his opinion that where he lives may need some rain.

Just because he isnt bowing in front of the alter of sun worshiping so called weather enthusiasts doesn't mean he can't have an opinion.

Alot of that going on here. Weird little site this lately.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
4 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

Great to see the mod thread alive in summer... there was a time not so very long ago when it was dead. :)

2006/7/8/9 we're very quite, Has certainly picked up during the Summer months as you say and long may it continue!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
11 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

I think he's just expressing his opinion that where he lives may need some rain.

Just because he isnt bowing in front of the alter of sun worshiping so called weather enthusiasts doesn't mean he can't have an opinion.

I agree; and it wouldn't bother me a jot, should someone on here want it to snow tomorrow. The 'men in white coats' might not agree with me, though!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
2 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

ironically thats what i was thinking he might have been saying!

of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, and i know there are many who hate this weather, fair play, but IF theres guilt tripping involved then thats not on really...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
15 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

ironically thats what i was thinking he might have been saying!

of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, and i know there are many who hate this weather, fair play, but IF theres guilt tripping involved then thats not on really...

It's hardly as if anyone's wishes can even do anything, is it...the weather does as the weather does?

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

It's hardly as if anyone's wishes can even do anything, is it...the weather does as the weather does?

Quite right - my wish for 50C highs, 40C lows and no rain ever again won't make it happen - more's the pity. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
12 minutes ago, cheese said:

Quite right - my wish for 50C highs, 40C lows and no rain ever again won't make it happen - more's the pity. 

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Death-Valley_CA/type-land

Your perfect little spot then...:smile:

Posted

One good thing that will come out of this is the St Swithins meme will be officially dead. Looking hot and sunny on the day yet the week following looks dreadful.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

One good thing that will come out of this is the St Swithins meme will be officially dead. Looking hot and sunny on the day yet the week following looks dreadful.

Can’t see where you’re getting the dreadful thing from?

Posted

Granted there is some sporadic unsettled weather in the next few days but on the whole it's still looking as it has for weeks now.

However as sure as eggs are eggs the more widespread unsettled charts coincide perfectly with the start of the school holidays! 

The last widespread unsettled conditions were in the end of May half term break!!!

Posted
Just now, draztik said:

But, in all seriousness, this is long overdue. The country needs some water. 

Is it that clear cut yet though? I think there will be some rain next week but what happens after is still uncertain.

Posted
1 minute ago, Djdazzle said:

Is it that clear cut yet though? I think there will be some rain next week but what happens after is still uncertain.

as ever. but i suspect we will see a return to the so called 'british norm'... with a NW/SE split. This mornings 0Z EPS ensembles did not exactly paint a rosy picture, UK-wide, for settled weather into mid - term - doubt we'll see much better from tonights set either. 

Edited by draztik

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Not looking great, the met extended outlook into August has dropped the high pressure hints for something more unsettled - none of the output at present suggests anything different either. I’d say enjoy the sun this weekend if you get it, as it may be a while before anything settled appears again.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, mb018538 said:

Not looking great, the met extended outlook into August has dropped the high pressure hints for something more unsettled - none of the output at present suggests anything different either. I’d say enjoy the sun this weekend if you get it, as it may be a while before anything settled appears again.

Good news for the tourism industry.. in Spain.