Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted

For those complaining of the heat. The city of Quriyat, Oman, hit an overnight LOW of 108.7 degrees on Tuesday - likely the highest minimum daily temp recorded on Earth.

• Like 3

Posted

Best thing about this current heat wave it is the prefect type of setup , ie dry heat , makes the nights easy to sleep rather then high humidity and lows of 20 making everyone knackered the next day , this is turning into a very enjoyable early summer

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

agree but changing wed - thur, look very humid and hot, light winds, perhaps less sunshine, humidity hopefully dying off by weekend with bluer skies

ECM1-96.GIF?30-0ECM1-120.GIF?30-0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
16 minutes ago, southbank said:

Best thing about this current heat wave it is the prefect type of setup , ie dry heat , makes the nights easy to sleep rather then high humidity and lows of 20 making everyone knackered the next day , this is turning into a very enjoyable early summer

True but if you're bedroom is 25C or higher at night then humidity or not it's still a restless sleep, similar to having the heating on at ridiculous levels all night in Winter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frost HoIIow said:

True but if you're bedroom is 25C or higher at night then humidity or not it's still a restless sleep, similar to having the heating on at ridiculous levels all night in Winter.

Buy an A/C unit , they're cheap enough 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

Buy an A/C unit , they're cheap enough 

I have one, just I understand how people can have a difficult time without.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms
2 hours ago, cheese said:

Yeah, but it was fully clear before 9am.

No low cloud to speak of down here close to Spurn Point this morning. There was a noticeable breeze during the day but it did tend to die off during the afternoon so things warmed up a tad. Even the days last week that started off cloudy were completely sunny by around 9am so the sun quickly got to work. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just 4 days of not reaching 20°C this month. The rest is pretty damn healthy, including 28.9°C today.

june.thumb.png.d7b3d5c2ddb2fb7894e50ae606c6cc3a.png

• Like 1

Posted

Going to be an epic winter if this Northern blocking continues.Ever since that SSW  end of feb it’s been almost relentless since.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
15 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Going to be an epic winter if this Northern blocking continues.Ever since that SSW  end of feb it’s been almost relentless since.

Think you may be getting confused! Northern blocking is the last thing you want in summer - and we definitely don’t have that at the moment! It would generally lead to the opposite of what we’re getting - low pressure, cool and unsettled. 

With low pressure around the pole as we have now it helps to allow high pressure to build further north and keep us settled and warm.

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 14:56, Smartie said:

Let me set you straight there, someone making a comment about struggling wildlife in this on going heatwave is NOT a pointless comment to make & quite frankly I'm bloody disgusted that you think it is! 

You are correct in that the weather is gonna do what the weather is gonna do and nobody should be made to feel guilty about whatever weather preference they have but I at least hope that every animal lover out there is doing what they can to help their local wildlife while this heat carries on, I know I certainly am, got plenty of food and more importantly, bathing & drinking water,  for all the animals that keep visiting my garden. 

I'm sure, in time, you'll get over it. 

• Like 2

Posted

Well if the winds from the East which it has been for ages then it must be northern blocking ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
33 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

The bickering over in the hot MOD thread has begun, not as reserved as us winter folk.:rofl:

I'm guessing this is sarcastic considering the usual state of the MOD thread in winter. 

Posted
7 hours ago, cheese said:

I'm guessing this is sarcastic considering the usual state of the MOD thread in winter. 

You guessing? I thought you knew everything.:shok:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
5 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

You guessing? I thought you knew everything.:shok:

I know something - which is a step up from knowing nothing (you're very familiar with that).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
On 29/06/2018 at 20:32, draztik said:

You say that... but if you're in Surrey... i'd dare say your summers, since 2013 have been decent... and temps of 17C with drizzle are rather rare in your neck of the woods in high summer. So, you're being slightly dramatic.

But kudoes on the seeds. 

believe me the weather can be really poor in Surrey in right conditions in summer such as troughing in North Sea 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Glad to hear from the Model thread of a possible shift to cooler weather with some rain mid-month, as our garden is very dry and our annuals and vegetables are taking much watering on a daily basis.

Posted
1 hour ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Glad to hear from the Model thread of a possible shift to cooler weather with some rain mid-month, as our garden is very dry and our annuals and vegetables are taking much watering on a daily basis.

Always wary of pattern changes in mid July. A bit of rain is fine to wish for but we don’t want that pattern until the end of summer. We are long overdue a hot settled August and the children on school holidays deserve it.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Always wary of pattern changes in mid July. A bit of rain is fine to wish for but we don’t want that pattern until the end of summer. We are long overdue a hot settled August and the children on school holidays deserve it.

Fair point; perhaps  a few wet, cool days and then somthing settled but not as drought-like as at present?

Posted
1 minute ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Fair point; perhaps  a few wet, cool days and then somthing settled but not as drought-like as at present?

I think that’s a fair wish Chris!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Compared to the north west ,Surrey might as well be Benidorm

maybe South of France !! Sweetie !!!

Edited by Badgers01
typo
  • Like 1