Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
35 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

It’s the hot nights that I don’t really enjoy. Looking like upper teens this week rather than than the 10c or so it’s been here this week. You cant beat a dry, low humidity summer high.....clear skies, not too oppressive, cooler nights....lovely. That’s all about to change!

Totally agree. To be honest i've not found the last week to unbearable,only being stuck in enclosed rooms with no ventilation does it really become very unpleasant,shame that's my job! Next week looks awful,sticky nights,humidity going up. Fingers crossed a breakdown will occur,rain is much needed especially for wildlife..

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sky Full said:

I am fortunate that I am able to spend much of my time outside which leaves me with a very positive view of long spells of warm/hot summery weather - I am not badly affected by it.  However, today I had to visit an office in Haverfordwest - a relatively modern building but typically for this area not fitted with AC.  The place was pretty much like a greenhouse with large windows only able to open 50% of their area at most, and no possibility of allowing a through draft due to the design of the individual offices.  I have huge sympathy for people working in these sorts of environments everywhere in the country, for factory workers, and those in old fashioned buildings not designed for hot weather.  This is not a new problem and I remember some occasions in the past where people I have worked with tried to use employment law to close businesses when temperatures exceeded legal maximums.  It's like severe snow closing rail lines and causing chaos on the roads - we are not set up for weather extremes and when they happen some people inevitably suffer.  However, try to enjoy the hot weather while it lasts - we could see four weeks of rain in August.... You never know!

Well said, i think most on here who love this heat have cushy Air Conned office jobs, i feel sorry for those who don't, must be an absolute nightmare for them in this heat. Luckily nights have been unusually cool compared to most hot spells in the UK. Unfortunately looks to change, roll on winter, only have to put extra layers on to feel comfortable, there isn't much you can do in this heat, even portable air con units struggle in this heat.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
23 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Well said, i think most on here who love this heat have cushy Air Conned office jobs, i feel sorry for those who don't, must be an absolute nightmare for them in this heat. Luckily nights have been unusually cool compared to most hot spells in the UK. Unfortunately looks to change, roll on winter, only have to put extra layers on to feel comfortable, there isn't much you can do in this heat, even portable air con units struggle in this heat.

Yep my job is cushy working with analytical equipment which runs at 1200c in a lab where the air conditioning which simply isn't fit for purpose or just plain broken. 34c in there all week. It doesn't bother me and neither does the cold to be honest.

There is no need for broad brush statements which do not reflect the reality. Many people who work outside certainly enjoy warm and sunny weather compared to wind and rain for a start.

Anyway getting off topic here, tomorrow still holds the chance of southern England pipping the current temperature record for 2018 currently at Porthmadog. Arpege still going for widespread 30/31c across central/southern England.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I was working in a microbiology lab in July 2006. God only knows what the temperature was!

Anywho - there ain't really all that much to moan about, is there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
5 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Yep my job is cushy working with analytical equipment which runs at 1200c in a lab where the air conditioning which simply isn't fit for purpose or just plain broken. 34c in there all week. It doesn't bother me and neither does the cold to be honest.

There is no need for broad brush statements which do not reflect the reality. Many people who work outside certainly enjoy warm and sunny weather compared to wind and rain for a start.

Anyway getting off topic here, tomorrow still holds the chance of southern England pipping the current temperature record for 2018 currently at Porthmadog. Arpege still going for widespread 30/31c across central/southern England.

Your fortunate then,your able to cope,many and i mean many can't. That wasn't as you say a broad brush statement by any means,i visit 30 plus sites a week,last week everybody was complaining how hot it was for working in. Next week will only make things worse i fear with the increase in humidity.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I used to hate the hot weather and stuffy environments, till I became involved with freelance mascot/charity work. Inside a costume, temperatures rise above 40ºc, most don't have cooling but mine has fans inside the head to help draw out hot air caused by breathing and draw in fresh air through the mouth/eyes. Keeping the head cool really helps, even if the body is hot.

I often forget i'm wearing a fleece jacket till someone comments how I am not melting in weather like this. It's possible to get used to heat, took me years to build up the tolerance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Daytime:. 23c to 27c / Night: 12c to 15c. =  very pleasant if not ideal

Daytime:. 28c to 31c / Night:  15c to 19c =  maximum temperatures which can be regarded as bearable

Daytime:. 32c to 36c / Night:  19c to 24c =  unpleasant and uncomfortable - find a cool shady spot and do nothing!

Daytime:  37c and above / Night:. 25c and above = unhealthy if not dangerous for many and to be avoided if possible!!

Just my opinion.  I am sure many others will have their own views but if it gets much hotter than it is today i for one will begin to feel uncomfortable.  

• Like 2

Posted

such a shame that this chilly strong easterly wind is really taking the edge off the temps, the heatwave is certainly being blown away here, lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
4 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

agree with that! been great summer and more to come, don't need 30 plus degrees

My only complaint is that it cools down too fast in the evening, and the east breeze doesn't help.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow

Well! Heres a first for lucky holiday weather! Having had to change my holiday  from  april to now, ive just had the best week of weather in beautiful hayle. Finished  the week with a trip to st ives  then strawberry picking in camborne. What's the odds of a repeat spell in august wgen i plan to come back?!!  

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowsummer said:

Well! Heres a first for lucky holiday weather! Having had to change my holiday  from  april to now, ive just had the best week of weather in beautiful hayle. Finished  the week with a trip to st ives  then strawberry picking in camborne. What's the odds of a repeat spell in august wgen i plan to come back?!!  

So that's where my strawberries went.

• Like 1

Posted

Mad thread on overdrive this afternoon. Bang on about ‘beautiful’ weather yet spend every second on here posting about it. Usual suspects, of course - so hardly surprising. The misery continues, in more ways than one. 

Edited by draztik
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, cheese said:

My only complaint is that it cools down too fast in the evening, and the east breeze doesn't help.

any north sea filth this morning? full cover here until around 9am, then fully clear

4 minutes ago, draztik said:

Mad thread on overdrive this afternoon. Bang on about ‘beautiful’ weather yet spend every second on here posting about it. Usual suspects, of course - so hardly surprising. The misery continues, in more ways than one. 

You mean those analysing the output? Think they're doing that because they are interested in the weather  I get that not everyone likes the heat but to be honest this is a lot better than the usual stifling 3-day plumes with ridiculous humidity and a quick breakdown  You can only describe what's in front of you on the output - and it's sunshine all the way...

About time we had a classic summer! 

Posted
1 minute ago, Djdazzle said:

Could just imagine the carnage if it all turned on St Swithin’s Day and was wet until August 31st!

Indeed - but the way things are going.... I need to be careful what I wish for here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

any north sea filth this morning? full cover here until around 9am, then fully clear

Yeah, but it was fully clear before 9am.

Edited by cheese