Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Good grief it looks like the heatwave isnt shifting anytime soon. Thats not to say we wont see a continuation of the light easterly flow bringing supressed temperatures here. Still im not going to complain at 20c and crystal clear blue skies. Im guessing when the end finally comes it will be preceded by a couple of days of southwesterlies bringing some high temps over here for a change.

Posted

Many heat lovers over in the MOD thread, just wondering whose gonna   be the first to crack.:D

And no Mushyrob I know it wont be you.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

Thinking about it, this has to be the best weather I can remember since I was born in 92. Sure, I just recall much hotter periods like August 2003, July 2006 and July 2013, and of course the 36c in July 2015 but they are only singular months and spells interspersed with mediocrity. 

This spell started in early April and has pretty much stuck around. April was easily the best I can remember in some time, and May was easily the best in my lifetime. Very warm, hugely sunny and dry. And this June has also been so dry, warm and sunny. There has been no other point in my life that I can remember such a long period of dry, warm and useable weather. Many years I have had to cancel outdoor activities due to rain etc but that has been seldom to non existent for nearly three months now.

In terms of longevity this spell has to take the biscuit and already sees it in the record books for me. Will be very interesting to see what develops in July and August. Given the very warm atmosphere and ground temperatures due to this spell, if we did import that French heat, wow, the sky’s the limit. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
57 minutes ago, matty007 said:

Thinking about it, this has to be the best weather I can remember since I was born in 92. Sure, I just recall much hotter periods like August 2003, July 2006 and July 2013, and of course the 36c in July 2015 but they are only singular months and spells interspersed with mediocrity. 

This spell started in early April and has pretty much stuck around. April was easily the best I can remember in some time, and May was easily the best in my lifetime. Very warm, hugely sunny and dry. And this June has also been so dry, warm and sunny. There has been no other point in my life that I can remember such a long period of dry, warm and useable weather. Many years I have had to cancel outdoor activities due to rain etc but that has been seldom to non existent for nearly three months now.

In terms of longevity this spell has to take the biscuit and already sees it in the record books for me. Will be very interesting to see what develops in July and August. Given the very warm atmosphere and ground temperatures due to this spell, if we did import that French heat, wow, the sky’s the limit. 

Really? Other than the brief warm/hot spell it was pretty dull and wet, especially in the first half. The first half of the month was also on the chilly side, including the closing days. May, on the other hand, I'd have to agree.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

superb hot spell, crystal clear blue skies (ok after early cloud) , strong sun in dry fresh air... beautiful!

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Leo97t said:

Bbc is suggesting a breakdown to occur as the summer holidays start. Are we really surprised at this point. Not looking good for the second half of the month 

The BBC were suggesting a deluge on Sunday and a major breakdown next week. Don’t pay any notice to it. Of course it might happen but sadly the quality of BBC forecasting has reached an all time low since they ditched the Met Office in order to save money. In life you get what you pay for, and it really annoys me that part of my licence fee is spent on this drivel.

Edited by Djdazzle
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

For one reason at least, I am hoping for some decent rain to fall before the school hols get underway...I find the prospect of hundreds of 'wee Jimmies' roaming through the English countryside, armed only with half a brain and a box of Swan Vesta rather disconcerting...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
13 hours ago, matty007 said:

I experienced the summer of 1976, that was a real summer.  Three months of sun and heat. ☀️  Prior to then, 1959 was another scorcher.

Today, another day unspoiled by bloody cloud thank heavens. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

for those that can't stand the heat, best hope is the atlantic hurricane season to start, and help wake up the atlantic

then maybe we stand a chance of a return to normality

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

for those that can't stand the heat, best hope is the atlantic hurricane season to start, and help wake up the atlantic

Pray for hurricanes. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
7 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

This can bring some excellent weather August-October so yes please!

Posted

i for one am just looking forward to when the heatwave starts imby, fed up with this easterly wind that is due to gust at 30mph over the weekend really taking the heat out of the day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
5 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

For one reason at least, I am hoping for some decent rain to fall before the school hols get underway...I find the prospect of hundreds of 'wee Jimmies' roaming through the English countryside, armed only with half a brain and a box of Swan Vesta rather disconcerting...

Do kids still sneak off for a crafty fag these days?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Arpege going a little nuts in my opinion

Sunday

arpegeuk-41-75-0.png?28-18

32C widely across central/southern England, high twenties widely across England and Wales.

Monday as well

arpegeuk-41-98-0.png?28-19

Again 32/33C across similar areas. 

I think the heat is a little overdone considering the 850s though with a more favourable surface flow off the continent which would be very hot. That said the Metoffice/BBC are poitning towards the 30C returning across the south by Sunday so maybe this isn't miles off perhaps?

• Like 1

Posted

Here in Essex we've not been doing too well with temperatures if it's extremes you're after. I recorded a high of 29.5C at the beginning of the week and the nearby MetO station recorded about 28C, but the rest of the week has been no higher than about 27C. London's not been doing much better either.

Maybe this weekend could see the turn of the SE to get some real heat? Amazing run of weather though. I don't overly like hot weather, but I put up with it if it's meteorologically interesting (i.e. above the magic 30C mark!).

2 minutes ago, h2005__uk__ said:

Here in Essex we've not been doing too well with temperatures if it's extremes you're after. I recorded a high of 29.5C at the beginning of the week and the nearby MetO station recorded about 28C, but the rest of the week has been no higher than about 27C. London's not been doing much better either.

Maybe this weekend could see the turn of the SE to get some real heat? Amazing run of weather though. I don't overly like hot weather, but I put up with it if it's meteorologically interesting (i.e. above the magic 30C mark!).

Like the north west gets lot of hot weather , best laugh of the night

Posted
1 hour ago, h2005__uk__ said:

Its been positively cool here compared to elsewhere, but very pleasant so nothing to complain about.

Maxima for the last 8 days have been: 18.3C, 18.8C, 19.6C, 23.2C, 23.0C, 22.5C, 18.8C, 19.7C. Minima were: 9.7C, 8.5C, 8.3C, 8.2C, 10.7C, 9.4C, 11.3C, 12.2C.

If it isn't going to break any records then it might as well be like this.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, h2005__uk__ said:

Others can have the heat for a change,  hope that continues.

Posted
1 hour ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Others can have the heat for a change,  hope that continues.

I have a feeling thst there are more heatwaves on the way this summer, with the South East getting the hottest conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I hate it when places like Scotland are hotter than here, just like I hate it when the south gets more snow than we do. It's just perverse and unnatural. 

We reached 30C in June last year but probably won't this year unless Arpege is closer to the mark, then we stand a chance. The current weather is lovely but it would be nice to exceed 30C just to say we have.

Edited by cheese