Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
29 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Wasn't last June's +2C anomaly largely due to hot, humid nights? Anywho, I doubt your average lettuce could give two hoots either way...Then again, some nutters have claimed that carrots scream, when you pull them. So - who knows how Mother Nature works?

Sunbathing at night Pete you should try it, much safer.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
1 hour ago, DAVID SNOW said:

So last June was good then? Sunshine slightly above average, temps nearly 2 degrees above average, and it rained a bit. not bad.:D

not at all.... it wasnt warm enough, sunny enough nor dry enough to be compared to this june.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
30 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Sunbathing at night Pete you should try it, much safer.:D

Moonbathing?

Posted
17 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

not at all.... it wasnt warm enough, sunny enough nor dry enough to be compared to this june.

See your mistake there? Every June is not going to be like this one, not here in the uk anyway.

And I wasn't comparing the two, just pointing out you don't have to go back to 2013 to find a 'good' summer month or spell. (most peoples expectations for uk summers that is)

• Like 1

Posted

Last June saw 5 days in a row of 25C+ and matched my highest temp in the last 11 years (29.2C) so that spell was better than this one here so far, Obviously it will vary with location though. 

This June is warmer on average though (the warmest in my 10 years of records) so depends what you are looking for really. This month is undeniably a good June.
I rated the first half of summer 2017 as ok/decent here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

We exceeded 30C last June but probably won't do this time. Then again, last June we didn't have incessant east winds.

Still very nice mind you, reaching 29C today. Looks like we might have low cloud tomorrow morning - Met forecast says it will break up by 8 or 9am but I wouldn't be surprised it it persisted for longer. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, cheese said:

We exceeded 30C last June but probably won't do this time. Then again, last June we didn't have incessant east winds.

Still very nice mind you, reaching 29C today. Looks like we might have low cloud tomorrow morning - Met forecast says it will break up by 8 or 9am but I wouldn't be surprised it it persisted for longer. 

Yes, just posted this in the summer thread, forecast to break up early, but normally fully breaks up around 1pm, if it does at all

next 3 days I think misty until lunch time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Thankfully only 2 calls today,3 miles apart,first peaked at 43c just before 12 then thankfully second was cooler at 38c.......the noises i made sat in my car with the aircon on full in between calls...that's different.! Good job i was parked somewhere quiet!. Looking much better for a more workable week next week,fingers crossed though

And i haven't spoke to one person today who was working who was enjoying this weather...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
4 hours ago, carinthian said:

Crap summer here in the Eastern Alps , day after day of cloud and cool temps. Only 10c this afternoon. Look on envy at Manchester and Liverpool ,currently on 30C. Cannot really complain as we have had a run of very hot summers over here. Just that the high is in the wrong place and favours Blighty big time. You deserve a proper warm summer for all, especially up in the North.

C

Cloudy and 10c , sounds great. Send it this way please

• Like 2

Posted
On 25/06/2018 at 18:26, markyo said:

So you would be happy with the devastation and suffering to wildlife that would cause? The misery and financial ruin of the UK agricultural industry? Wow you must really hate weather then!

I wont be happy until that happens. Then the day after the fire goes out on its own I want it to rain.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

I wont be happy until that happens. Then the day after the fire goes out on its own I want it to rain.

Very strange post,,,,,

Posted
27 minutes ago, markyo said:

Very strange post,,,,,

Just a joke to lighten a mood after the usual lot churn out the emotional blackmail whenever anyone has the audacity to get excited about snow/sun/thunder etc.

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Thankfully only 2 calls today,3 miles apart,first peaked at 43c just before 12 then thankfully second was cooler at 38c.......the noises i made sat in my car with the aircon on full in between calls...that's different.! Good job i was parked somewhere quiet!. Looking much better for a more workable week next week,fingers crossed though

And i haven't spoke to one person today who was working who was enjoying this weather...

I haven't spoken to one person today who was working who wasn't enjoying this weather...

It was a truly stunning day - 29C with low humidity is perfection and everyone loves it (including you, but you won't admit it).

Edited by cheese

Posted

Point made in the MOD thread about London doing well with temps of 90f+ I can assure the poster that with those sort of temp, London will not do well on so many levels.

Posted
9 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Point made in the MOD thread about London doing well with temps of 90f+ I can assure the poster that with those sort of temp, London will not do well on so many levels.

London will cope as it always does. As long as people are sensible that is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
3 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Since when are people sensible  90+ for a day or 2 is manageable but if it went on for a week or 2 that would cause problems anywhere in the UK.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

Since when are people sensible  90+ for a day or 2 is manageable but if it went on for a week or 2 that would cause problems anywhere in the UK.

You have a point about people being sensible!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
12 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

I'd say there are more problems when it's the odd day or two. People get used to it after a while.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Hmm, London, stupidly hot and people, good luck with that...

London struggles to cope at the best of times, you then add heat to the recipe, and well , just wait for the usual news.

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Hmm, London, stupidly hot and people, good luck with that...

London struggles to cope at the best of times, you then add heat to the recipe, and well , just wait for the usual news.

Drama queen. 

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
13 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

See your mistake there? Every June is not going to be like this one, not here in the uk anyway.

And I wasn't comparing the two, just pointing out you don't have to go back to 2013 to find a 'good' summer month or spell. (most peoples expectations for uk summers that is)

that though depends on where you live, thats my point. this current hot dry sunny spell for the whole country IS the best since 2013 as its expected to last at least 7 days (in total).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

it's my view they are obsessed with temperature on tv weather forecasts, and rarely mention the humidity levels

what people have noticed, 30c with very low humidity feels way more comfortable than 19c humid and muggy

bad news at least for the south-west, becoming more humid over the weekend

not looking forward to that, i'll enjoy it while the comfort lasts.. if i forget about the hayfever, after 9 days of a bloodshot, always watering eye

i'm sorta getting used to it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

It's nice to see a hot spell take in such a large chunk of the country for a change, and not just the south.

It was 28c here vs some 30/31c readings out to the W/NW, but to be honest when it gets that hot it just feels  boiling hot or boiling hot whether its 28 or 31c!

Posted
11 hours ago, cheese said:

everyone loves it (including you, but you won't admit it).

Haha very funny.....my repulsion of this type of weather only grows with old age!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, markyo said:

Haha very funny.....my repulsion of this type of weather only grows with old age!

Wait till you get to my age then!

All those wonderful pursuits of old, like falling asleep on a beach only to wake up and discover that you've metamorphosed into a giant lobster, just become more and more hideous with age...IMO, heatwaves are like blizzards: better viewed through some double-glazing?:good:

• Like 2