Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
20 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Indeed. Can see a big peat fire on the hills above Saddleworth. The ground is crying out for moisture. 

Fingers crossed we get some rain in the first quarter of July,we certainly need it!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, markyo said:

Fingers crossed we get some rain in the first quarter of July,we certainly need it!

Let's hope it's enough to touch the sides without being so torrential it causes flash flooding...

• Like 2

Posted

This is certainly max for what is bearable and not to uncomfortable for working in. Any hotter is just well horrible☹️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
35 minutes ago, markyo said:

This is certainly max for what is bearable and not to uncomfortable for working in. Any hotter is just well horrible☹️

Just come back from Italy Mark, it's as hot here as it is there, I don't want it any hotter than this when I start back tomorrow.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Quite warm out ,just need another 10 c or so then just right  

What's the phrase i'm looking for...erm...got it. Your barking mad!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
49 minutes ago, markyo said:

Feels fantastic and not too draining today - 28c, cloudless and humidity down at 30%....doesn’t get much better in the UK if you ask me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Yes very beatable heat given the low humidity. If it turns humid next week and the temperature drops a bit it'll probably feel more unpleasant.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I personally hope it doesn't rain again until October. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
6 hours ago, markyo said:

Thankfully the chances of a repeat of a 76 summer are very low,looking like as we are going more into July more normal summer weather will return. Much needed for wildlife and farmers!

chances of a repeat of 76 was never on. we would need a year of well below average rainfall and a previous hot summer to repeat 76.

a 95 style summer though is very much alive. its highly unlikely that this will be the only hot spell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, cheese said:

I personally hope it doesn't rain again until October. 

So you would be happy with the devastation and suffering to wildlife that would cause? The misery and financial ruin of the UK agricultural industry? Wow you must really hate weather then!

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

chances of a repeat of 76 was never on. we would need a year of well below average rainfall and a previous hot summer to repeat 76.

a 95 style summer though is very much alive. its highly unlikely that this will be the only hot spell.

I remember you saying that regarding how likely another hot spell would be in 2014 after the June one. Look what happend then! Nothing.

Edited by markyo

Posted

People bandying around chat about a 95 style summer. Remember that 95 was drier  overall than 76 and looking only at July and August, was actually hotter! 95 was in many ways as exceptional as 76. What made 76 legendary was the run of days over 90F.

8 minutes ago, markyo said:

I remember you saying that regarding how likely another hot spell would be in 2014 after the June one. Look what happend then! Nothing.

This so called hot  spell had a max temperature of around 26C so not a fair comparison

Posted
31 minutes ago, Leo97t said:

This so called hot  spell had a max temperature of around 26C so not a fair comparison

Well that's wrong to start with! Rotherham and Sheffield hit nearly 29c already!

Posted
29 minutes ago, Leo97t said:

I was refer to the late June 2014 'hot spell' 

Apologies for that,i'm to hot! The 2014 late June heat broke the Sheffield record,32c was recorded though.

Edited by markyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

I'm off to Swindon then Swansea with a mate on a lorry delivery then back home.  Looking at temp. figures it'll be similar to here, 26C max.  Glad I'm just the passenger and don't have to drive.

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

So you would be happy with the devastation and suffering to wildlife that would cause? The misery and financial ruin of the UK agricultural industry? 

Yes. 

• Like 1

Posted

July 2014 was warm and sunny. Do you mean 2015? Reached 33C in Sheffield on 1 July that year, but after that was virtually heat free.

Edited by cheese

Posted

what hot spell in june 2014? a couple of days?...

its true, we might not get anything else, but i strongly suspect that because you dont want any heat, your clutching at straws trying to play down the reality that atm theres no sign of a major pattern change and that high pressure is likely to be the main player this summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

So you would be happy with the devastation and suffering to wildlife that would cause? The misery and financial ruin of the UK agricultural industry? Wow you must really hate weather then!

oh per-leez... will you stop with this attempt at guilt tripping those of us who like heat by pointing out the negative effects it will have on wildlife?.. which surprisingly has survived all the great extremes of the past. do you think the same about the damage cold does?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
12 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

what hot spell in june 2014? a couple of days?...

its true, we might not get anything else, but i strongly suspect that because you dont want any heat, your clutching at straws trying to play down the reality that atm theres no sign of a major pattern change and that high pressure is likely to be the main player this summer.

You beat me to it, Mushy - I cannae recall it either!:D