Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
2 minutes ago, cheese said:

And you seem to be assuming that most people hate heat - experience tells me that most people don't. They might have to travel to work on hot crowded trains but they also get to enjoy a pint of beer in a pub garden, dine al fresco and have an evening BBQ with friends and family. That's what it comes down to. You take the good with the bad.

And they can do all of that in the low-mid 20s I'd have thought. All the while the rest of us aren't dripping like a pot roast.

Posted

It rarely gets to warm at night to sleep.. I can count on the fingers of my hand the amount of days i've struggled to sleep.. During the day you get  use to the heat its not extreme heat anyway . I love mid 20s temperatures they are so comfortable to walk about it t-shirts and shorts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
4 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

It rarely gets to warm at night to sleep.. I can count on the fingers of my hand the amount of days i've struggled to sleep.. During the day you get  use to the heat its not extreme heat anyway . I love mid 20s temperatures they are so comfortable to walk about it t-shirts and shorts.

And where will have mid 20s? Even scotland could touch 30 going from the ECM. GFS shows overnight temps in some locales at 19c at 2 am...

If you don't call that uncomfortable then you must have asbestos skin.

Edited by Ice Man 85

Posted
Just now, Mokidugway said:

I dear say Londoners will be drowning in their own sweat next week  which pleases me no end

they can gather all that and stave off the drought.

Posted
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Collect it out of the suicide pits on the underground

underground will be like a depeche mode concert; funny smell and a lot of depressed people.

Posted
Just now, weatherguru14 said:

Scotland and 30c? doesn't go hand in hand..

tell that to the ECM. has the 15c 850 all the way to them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

The underground certainly will be awful in the heat, I’ll give you that one. Gets well above 40c down there on hot days, it’s vile.

Posted

Well the MAD thread has sunk to a new low. Some begging for conditions topping '76. The lunatics really are running the asylum as the saying goes.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
10 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Well the MAD thread has sunk to a new low. Some begging for conditions topping '76. The lunatics really are running the asylum as the saying goes.

depends on their circumstances, they must have air conditioning at home, work, everywhere, then you can enjoy heat outside with beer etc, then be cooler inside

Posted
29 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Who was begging for it? Just people excited about some potentially unusual synoptics. No different to wishing for -20 uppers in winter surely?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

And where will have mid 20s? Even scotland could touch 30 going from the ECM. GFS shows overnight temps in some locales at 19c at 2 am...

If you don't call that uncomfortable then you must have asbestos skin.

19C at 2am is absolutely nothing though - during the worst heatwaves you'd be looking at that as the 5am temperature with low-mid 20s at 2am. In some places like London you'd even be looking at a full 24 hours above 20C.

It can get too warm indoors at night but that's easily remedied for me by opening a window and sleeping with a light duvet or blanket. Not the end of the world at all - and again you take the good with the bad. Same with low 20s temps - very pleasant during the day but you'll probably need a light jacket in the evening and you can forget about al fresco dining without a heater or something.

1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

And they can do all of that in the low-mid 20s I'd have thought. All the while the rest of us aren't dripping like a pot roast.

Yeah, so? No offence buddy but why should people change their preferences to suit you? If you don't like it then it's tough, the weather does what it wants and I and most other people will be making the most of it whether you're dropping like a pot roast or not.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
3 hours ago, Ross90 said:

Must admit i'm not a big fan of the heat either which luckily we don't get much of up here  20-25 is ok but when it starts getting into the high 20s or high teens at night that just becomes uncomfortable.Add to that the fact that leaving your window open does nothing when there's no breeze plus you just end up with unwanted wildlife in the house.20 is ideal for me, 30+ for weeks at a time would be my version of hell.

It was like that when I lived in California - weeks on end of temps into the high 30s and occasionally low 40s. Clear sky every day with no cloud at all. Never even got a thunderstorm, in fact not a drop of rain between June and October. It got tedious to say the least.

Posted
37 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

It was like that when I lived in California - weeks on end of temps into the high 30s and occasionally low 40s. Clear sky every day with no cloud at all. Never even got a thunderstorm, in fact not a drop of rain between June and October. It got tedious to say the least.

Thats very true. I always remember going on holiday in cyprus when  was younger. They get dry and sunny weather all year round (bar a very brief period where rain is possible in the "winter"). A local said that he'd change his weather for ours any day of the week.

59 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Who was begging for it? Just people excited about some potentially unusual synoptics. No different to wishing for -20 uppers in winter surely?

Not at all. Same basic problem.

• Like 1

Posted

lol now the CFS is centre stage. Only days after they were rubbishing it and calling out Crewecold for buying into it. Well despite that, the latest charts are as follows:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/wwang/cfsv2fcst/htmls/euT2me3Mon.html

Not exactly screaming heat. Just goes to show how useless it is.

Still not much chance of a beasterly in the winter if its right

Edited by Ice Man 85

Posted
Just now, Ice Man 85 said:

lol now the CFS is centre stage. Only days after they were rubbishing it and calling out Crewecold for buying into it. Well despite that, the latest charts are as follows:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/wwang/cfsv2fcst/htmls/euT2me3Mon.html

Not exactly screaming heat. Just goes to show how useless it is.

I agree that the CFS isn’t exactly something I’d put money on!

Posted
On 19/06/2018 at 00:40, CreweCold said:

This is more like it

gfs-0-324.png?18

Shame it's at 324 hrs

A lot closer on tonight's 18z OP. Gone by friday if its right. Shame its the pub run.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
9 hours ago, cheese said:

Pretty sure most people work mate.. nothing unusual about that. I travel to work every morning on a train that gets hot and stuffy even in the low 20s with sunshine but that doesn't make me a heat heater. 

I get what your saying,my circumstances are different though. Work involves 40c plus temps in 100% humidity,cooling down is vital,hence the higher the temp the more we suffer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Sat 30th will be the day the hot spell ends, too bad for heat fans on a saturday, there isn't one,although this one getting better with temps around 21°, 30th though I predict vile with a howling NW'ly

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
3 hours ago, Weather-history said:

You are not Chris Alder from UKWeatherworld? 

SO much poor? that is just pessimistic exaggeration. If it were SO much poor then cast you mind back to say late June 2007 or early June 2012 and transpose those conditions to now. In reality, it is mostly dry, maybe a lot of cloud and not a lot of breeze. 

So let's put a realistic stamp on it. It ain't gales, very cool and soaking wet.....

Yeah, I was a little disappointed in cloud (knew it was possible), but yesterday had a bit more sun and reached 24.0C. An extreme example but to put that into perspective, that's warmer than every single day in June 2012.

Just checked Bournemouth, Monday reached 23.0C and yesterday 23.5C, with 5.3 and 6.4 hours of sun. not too poor.
Only 1 day in June 2012 was warmer there, or even topped 21C!

• Like 2

Posted
15 hours ago, mb018538 said:

Why would anyone want to live anywhere else? The UK is great, you get about as much variance in weather here as anywhere on the planet! Predictably unpredictable, just how we like it!

To be fair we have about the mildest winters, coolest summers, and lowest sunshine hours for anywhere at our latitude (excluding Ireland) and are often frustratingly close to better conditions on the continent.
Also apart from our 'sunshine and showers' stuff I feel us being unusually changeable is possibly a myth, certainly temperature wise. We can go long periods with little more than bits of light rain, cloud and some sun. 

Nevertheless I'd prefer to live here than many arid climates e.g. California, possibly the med, and our narrow temp range for the latitude is in just about the right place for it to be possible to get snow with summers that are just about warm enough.