Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
23 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Actually whilst temperatures by day will reach the mid to high twenties widely the overnight lows are actually quite cool.

Monday morning

138-583UK.GIF?19-12   150-582UK.GIF?19-12

Single figures quite widely outside of the large urban centres. Contrast this with a highs widely into the mid-twenties by mid-afternoon (27/28C would be reached somewhere).

Tuesday

162-583UK.GIF?19-12   174-582UK.GIF?19-12

Again nothing particularly humid here with high single figures/low teens, again highs into the mid twenties and possibly higher in favoured spots.

If the high orientates itself favourably then the hest and humidty could increae but for the start of next week it is lots of sunshine, a little fair weather cloud and temperatures into the very warm category countrywide with the nights still having a little bit of a chill. Perfect really and in the semi-reliable nothing particularly overbearing. :)

Well thats good if they've lowered, but the 6z (which is what my comment was based on) had 2am temps of 19c most of next week.

Edit: 12z still shows 2am temps at 19c.

180-778UK.GIF

Edited by Ice Man 85

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
49 minutes ago, SizzlingHeat said:

Oh 19 degrees. How terrible?!

19c? never got anywhere close to that. would have been more effective to have someone blow on you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
31 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

19c? never got anywhere close to that. would have been more effective to have someone blow on you.

I think we may have got to the ‘root’ of your problem

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

I think we may have got to the ‘root’ of your problem

nah, my problem is that I'm genetically pre-disposed to be intolerant of heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

nah, my problem is that I'm genetically pre-disposed to be intolerant of heat.

You didn’t like my attempt at humour?! 

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

You didn’t like my attempt at humour?! 

very much so, I needed a laugh.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Must admit i'm not a big fan of the heat either which luckily we don't get much of up here  20-25 is ok but when it starts getting into the high 20s or high teens at night that just becomes uncomfortable.Add to that the fact that leaving your window open does nothing when there's no breeze plus you just end up with unwanted wildlife in the house.20 is ideal for me, 30+ for weeks at a time would be my version of hell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ross90 said:

Must admit i'm not a big fan of the heat either which luckily we don't get much of up here  20-25 is ok but when it starts getting into the high 20s or high teens at night that just becomes uncomfortable.Add to that the fact that leaving your window open does nothing when there's no breeze plus you just end up with unwanted wildlife in the house.20 is ideal for me, 30+ for weeks at a time would be my version of hell.

Think you'll be ok at your latitude

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

getting 30c into scotland is incredibly rare. even rarer than here. I live on the borderline of the usual N/S splits when heatwaves occur. Never dodge it completely like cumbria etc often do

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

yeah but not at 2 am for christ's sake.

Evening Nanuk of the North. I agree; there's nowt worse for sleeping!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

Evening Nanuk of the North. I agree; there's nowt worse for sleeping!

Nanuk's my 2nd cousin twice removed. I'm from the Nenana side of the family.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Mokidugway said:

Easy ed ,install air conditioners

yeah and have a electric bill higher than carol vordeman's IQ.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, Ice Man 85 said:

You could switch your laptop/pc off? That way you could cover the leccy bill for it, and give the rest of us a break on here. Win win!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Ice Man 85 said:

2 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Ok then a bloody fan , 19.99 at Argos , running cost of 8 p a day

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Ok then a bloody fan , 19.99 at Argos , running cost of 8 p a day

I have one lol. Not much cop when the air is that hot. Better than nothing, but still not enough.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

You could switch your laptop/pc off? That way you could cover the leccy bill for it, and give the rest of us a break on here. Win win!

laptop's on battery

I have a better solution, move the heat south.

Edited by Ice Man 85

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

There is nothing pleasant about the forecast for next week,it looks awful for those of us...whats the word?......oh yes that's it work! 25c plus is a killer,banging headache,literally so dehydrated(ok that's only on my line of work) that you feel ill. Hate it. Least the days will be getting shorter,one plus i suppose!

Posted
5 minutes ago, markyo said:

There is nothing pleasant about the forecast for next week,it looks awful for those of us...whats the word?......oh yes that's it work! 25c plus is a killer,banging headache,literally so dehydrated(ok that's only on my line of work) that you feel ill. Hate it. Least the days will be getting shorter,one plus i suppose!

Some signs that this muck may be summer's swan song. Not getting my hopes up though.

Me (left), them (right)

tumblr_n9phppUE311r8q9x8o1_500.thumb.gif.dac31d2dcc5fc4ac4e5f1d0bab4b25fc.gifCpWYfeyWEAAXgJl.thumb.jpg.2018b7f673025f6759efe06ab3be9f6a.jpg

Edited by Ice Man 85

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, markyo said:

Pretty sure most people work mate.. nothing unusual about that. I travel to work every morning on a train that gets hot and stuffy even in the low 20s with sunshine but that doesn't make me a heat heater. 

Posted
Just now, cheese said:

Pretty sure most people work mate.. nothing unusual about that. I travel to work every morning on a train that gets hot and stuffy even in the low 20s with sunshine but that doesn't make me a heat heater. 

if you enjoy heat, thats a moot point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

if you enjoy heat, thats a moot point.

And you seem to be assuming that most people hate heat - experience tells me that most people don't. They might have to travel to work on hot crowded trains but they also get to enjoy a pint of beer in a pub garden, dine al fresco and have an evening BBQ with friends and family. That's what it comes down to. You take the good with the bad.

Edited by cheese