Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
23 minutes ago, draztik said:

Incorrect. The weather company modelled May well; you are just swinging...

Yes. When someone has a different viewpoint, they're on the wind up. Thanks for your contribution. I should say, summer this year will be warm, sunny and delightful - as that would suit you. Too bad, for you, I live in the real world.

errrr nope   read this  posted on the 26th of April by the weather company (if I recall correctly we had a few days of hot  weather at the end of April)

Global forecast predicts cool summer in UK

By Brett Gibbons

26 April 2018

Trinity Mirror

Britain could be heading for a cooler-than-usual summer with three months of below-par temperatures and frequent spells of wet weather predicted.

Long-range forecasts for the three months from May, indicate below average values for the UK until the end of July, with a chance of higher-than-average rainfall amounts.

A prolonged period of cooler, wetter weather is expected for the UK and north-west Europe, while the south-east of the continent enjoys more warm and dry conditions, according to respected global forecasters

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 minute ago, weatherguru14 said:

errrr nope   read this  posted on the 26th of April by the weather company (if I recall correctly we had a few days of hot  weather at the end of April)

Global forecast predicts cool summer in UK

By Brett Gibbons

26 April 2018

Trinity Mirror

Britain could be heading for a cooler-than-usual summer with three months of below-par temperatures and frequent spells of wet weather predicted.

Long-range forecasts for the three months from May, indicate below average values for the UK until the end of July, with a chance of higher-than-average rainfall amounts.

A prolonged period of cooler, wetter weather is expected for the UK and north-west Europe, while the south-east of the continent enjoys more warm and dry conditions, according to respected global forecasters

Hardly any (if any) long range forecast is spot on. For all we know both July & August could be record breakingly wet and cool which would still lead to some in here saying it was a poor Summer overall despite what we've had so far.

Posted
1 minute ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Hardly any (if any) long range forecast is spot on. For all we know both July & August could be record breakingly wet and cool which would still lead to some in here saying it was a poor Summer overall despite what we've had so far.

True :)  Long range forecasts in the UK is virtually impossible. Considering our climate..Thats why the models struggle after a few days to get accuracy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Well we've technically only had 13 days of summer so far. The glorious May was part of spring. 

If July and August were to come in wetter and cooler than average then quite rightly, the summer would be remembered as mixed at best.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
18 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Ok then Draztik can you back up your summer forecast with some charts / info?

I'd suggest putting that individual on ignore - really makes the forum a better place.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, cheese said:

I'd suggest putting that individual on ignore - does wonders. 

I had them on ignore for about 3 years. Took them off because I thought they might have changed and like giving people a second chance. Seems I was wrong!

Posted

lol, you people are too much. For one, this is a forum about the weather.... get a grip of your lives.

Second, just because you want warm hot summers... if I don't see it, i'll post my thoughts to the contrary. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, draztik said:

lol, you people are too much. For one, this is a forum about the weather.... get a grip of your lives.

Second, just because you want warm hot summers... if I don't see it, i'll post my thoughts to the contrary. 

Fine but back up your thoughts with some evidence.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

I had them on ignore for about 3 years. Took them off because I thought they might have changed and like giving people a second chance. Seems I was wrong!

He always plays the role of contrarian - it's his raison d'etre on this forum. If everyone was going on about how cold summer 2018 was going to be then he'd be doing the opposite.

• Like 1

Posted

Its simple, though. Don't reply to my posts & just ignore me. This incessant need to denegrate someone, just because they dont subscribe to your view of what summer should consist of, or how to interpret a particular model.

Based on analogues and the views of forecasters I respect, I consider on balance, this summer will not be particularly notable in terms of heat. This is my view. The end.

This is a weather forum. This is not life or death. If you dont like a comment someone makes, report it. But nothing I have said has been 'out of line'. You just don't like the view. Thankfully this isnt North Korea.  

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, draztik said:

Its simple, though. Don't reply to my posts & just ignore me. This incessant need to denegrate someone, just because they dont subscribe to your view of what summer should consist of, or how to interpret a particular model.

Based on analogues and the views of forecasters I respect, I consider on balance, this summer will not be particularly notable in terms of heat. This is my view. The end.

This is a weather forum. This is not life or death. If you dont like a comment someone makes, report it. But nothing I have said has been 'out of line'. You just don't like the view. Thankfully this isnt North Korea.  

Which forecasters? Which analogues?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
On 14/06/2018 at 06:58, knocker said:

Just a glance at the gfs next week as it has the Azores briefly becoming influential.

suffering suckertage, a layer of Sc at 3,000ft

sounding.thumb.jpg.d0513b8433d56fecddd65502773dad61.jpg

not that brief. Even so, the 850 temps being shown on the ECM for tuesday would produce (synoptics permitting) 26-30 no trouble. People wonder why I only feel "safe" with low pressure....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

The end is in sight,comfort awaits,,,,won't get any lighter earlier in the mornings from now on in my area.  Love this turning point,might get a full nights sleep soon!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
11 minutes ago, markyo said:

The end is in sight,comfort awaits,,,,won't get any lighter earlier in the mornings from now on in my area.  Love this turning point,might get a full nights sleep soon!

5 days to our first milestone back to sanity. Next is the equinox in september. Better times await once this god awful season is over. If its not heat, its pollen. Doesn't agree with me at all.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
On 15/06/2018 at 20:22, Ice Man 85 said:

not that brief. Even so, the 850 temps being shown on the ECM for tuesday would produce (synoptics permitting) 26-30 no trouble. People wonder why I only feel "safe" with low pressure....

archives-2013-8-1-12-0.png archives-2013-8-1-12-1.png

One is not immune from low pressure...

Posted
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

archives-2013-8-1-12-0.png archives-2013-8-1-12-1.png

One is not immune from low pressure...

Perhaps that should read "safer". no matter the synoptics, I'm clearly doomed to misery.

Edited by Ice Man 85

Posted

Dark times ahead I fear. Dark, dark times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Nice to see another nationwide spell of summery warmth on the horizon. The wind and the rain will sure be back at some point but now im revelling in us seeing bucketloads of high pressure just at the right time of year.

• Like 6

Posted

Good to know the selfishness runs right through the year on here and not just the winter rabble.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Good to know the selfishness runs right through the year on here and not just the winter rabble.

Better take to a cooler climate for the foreseeable. Hot summer sunshine on the way ?️?️☀️☀️☀️?️?️?️?️?️?️?️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Wow, people want summery weather in, er, summer. Shockingly selfish, especially when the weather is so crap here most of the time. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Time for Ice Man to follow in Jack London's footsteps perhaps?:cold: