Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
13 hours ago, draztik said:

GEM being highlighted over in the mod thread - things rly must be dire. 

What's gone wrong with the 'background' signals...

#Tomorrow..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

I love reading this thread and cant believe for once Ireland is having the most incredible spell of good weather. It kind of kicked off middle of may and we have had abundant sunshine during the last 3 weeks with temperatures hovering between 20 - 26 degrees most days,highest readings in the west where I was lucky enough to be on a camper van holiday from the 27th may through to the 3rd of June and spent most if not nearly all of my time in counties  Roscommon , Sligo, mayo, Clare and Galway. there was at least 12-15 hours of sunshine on at least 3 days and 8 -10 hours on other days with temperatures always in the low 20s. Since I have come home to Dublin the last 7 days there have been 81 hours of bright sunshine (196%), zero rainfall and a mean temperature of 13.4 degrees Celsius .On the plus side wind speed averaged 7 mph for the week .This is the most prolonged spell of good weather I can recall since 2006 and already the lawns Dublin are a parched brown. Even more impressive is the town of Shannon  Co Clare in the west which currently has a 2 week mean temperature of 18.6 Celsius .Amazing start to the summer so far in the emerald isle.ON another note and would love to hear from somebody who lives in and around Loftus (samos) and why it always holds the coldest day max temp this time of year. Anyways the sun continues to shine in Dublin until at least Thursday so happy days still continue.. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Oh those lovely memories of the Beast from the East,so much better than today's humid muck. At least only 10 days to go before the shortening of the days begins,just got to ride out these next 2 months then Autumn approaches,can't wait

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Ive got to say the outlook looks very nice indeed with a bit of everything, and certainly not the clickbait 'June Monsoon' headline from a few days ago. Some decent rain forecast to water the garden and a lot of dry and quite warm weather for us easterners. This summer is shaping up nicely!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
46 minutes ago, markyo said:

Oh those lovely memories of the Beast from the East,so much better than today's humid muck. At least only 10 days to go before the shortening of the days begins,just got to ride out these next 2 months then Autumn approaches,can't wait

That's the first milestone, yeah. Counting down the days until I'm no longer woken at 3 am by birds.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
4 minutes ago, Milhouse said:

Ive got to say the outlook looks very nice indeed with a bit of everything, and certainly not the clickbait 'June Monsoon' headline from a few days ago. Some decent rain forecast to water the garden and a lot of dry and quite warm weather for us easterners. This summer is shaping up nicely!

You've had a "get out of summer free card" over the last month. Should count yourself lucky.

Posted

West Wales is racing ahead with sunshine at 100hours whereas some parts of the east have had a third of the value to the 10th

312FF20F-B0CF-4B8E-BBA5-0689357E2AE6.jpeg

10FF261F-20EB-4319-A1F7-D4EDCDE0DCC0.jpeg

Edited by Matthew.
  • Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Matthew. said:

West Wales is racing ahead with sunshine at 100hours whereas some parts of the east have had a third of the value to the 10th

312FF20F-B0CF-4B8E-BBA5-0689357E2AE6.jpeg

10FF261F-20EB-4319-A1F7-D4EDCDE0DCC0.jpeg

Those easterners have had it good over the last few weeks I'd say.

Posted
55 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I had to smile at that comment, you should spend a week in this part of the world in early summer. Even your good self might get a touch fed up of what we get while western areas see something yellow in the aky. This morning was the first time with a full sunrise, indeed any sunrise for just over a week. It does get tedious believe me.

• Like 3

Posted
40 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

I had to smile at that comment, you should spend a week in this part of the world in early summer. Even your good self might get a touch fed up of what we get while western areas see something yellow in the aky. This morning was the first time with a full sunrise, indeed any sunrise for just over a week. It does get tedious believe me.

You'd think so, but no. Getting comfortable conditions this time of year with high pressure is incredibly difficult. I'd take months of grey skies and rain rather than suffer through a heatwave any day of the week.

Take next monday for example; the azores high shows its face for the first time and the models are already taking the mick.

Edited by Ice Man 85
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
10 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

yesterday was only day in around 4 weeks sunny from the word go, no easterly breeze

today is horrible with an easterly breeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The unsettled spell looks short lived and the ECM brings in the Azores high next week. Lovely stuff. 

Posted
On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 23:04, Ice Man 85 said:

You'd think so, but no. Getting comfortable conditions this time of year with high pressure is incredibly difficult. I'd take months of grey skies and rain rather than suffer through a heatwave any day of the week.

Take next monday for example; the azores high shows its face for the first time and the models are already taking the mick.

Could be a lot worse for you, outlook pretty average.

Posted

It would appear, on balance, the chances of a below average summer are now increasing rapidly! Given the background signals & analogues, it might be that, contrary to recent suggestions, summer 2018 will be notable for the lack of hot spells. I do hope Mr Pennell will be sharing his thoughts for July & August. His input, for me at least, is invaluable. 

Edited by draztik

Posted

I love this, every time theres good weather its   1976 or 2006 and when the weather is in a blip its back to  well summer is going down hill now.. Absolutely no one saw May turning out like it did. considering the cold winter we had..Come the middle of next week and the weather is settled again.. It will be July is gonna be hottest summer month on record.

Posted

Oh and the summer having lack of hot spells  for goodness sake its been wayyyy above average for weeks on end ,albeit the odd day here and there..In a lot of summer months in the past its struggled to get past  14/15c at this current date.

Posted
Just now, weatherguru14 said:

Oh and the summer having lack of hot spells  for goodness sake its been wayyyy above average for weeks on end ,albeit the odd day here and there..In a lot of summer months in the past its struggled to get past  14/15c at this current date.

Certain people like winding others up. Don’t bite the bait.

Posted
4 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

I love this, every time theres good weather its   1976 or 2006 and when the weather is in a blip its back to  well summer is going down hill now.. Absolutely no one saw May turning out like it did. considering the cold winter we had..Come the middle of next week and the weather is settled again.. It will be July is gonna be hottest summer month on record.

Incorrect. The weather company modelled May well; you are just swinging...

Just now, Djdazzle said:

Certain people like winding others up. Don’t bite the bait.

Yes. When someone has a different viewpoint, they're on the wind up. Thanks for your contribution. I should say, summer this year will be warm, sunny and delightful - as that would suit you. Too bad, for you, I live in the real world.