Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
13 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Northerly  tracking jet will  sink south  and try to blow my yard gates in next week ,lol

Lol you're very pessimistic at the moment Moki  :rofl: 

What has wound me up is all those in the East and SE complaining when for once in a blue moon we are getting the best weather when 80% or 90% of the time they get all the heat and sunshine. Also @draztik refer to my sentence above i think he is kinda taking the pee out of some of those moaning about this weeks weather and is one upping them.

Edited by Summerstorm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, draztik said:

You just can’t please some people! The NW has seen (and is still seeing) a period of fine weather. Temps 19-25, sunny cloudless days ... at least two weeks worth! And you’re moaning about westerlies. Get a grip. 

Long way to fall

2 minutes ago, Summerstorm said:

Lol you're very pessimistic at the moment Moki so i'll try and one up you  

What has wound me up is all those in the East and SE complaining when for once in a blue moon we are getting the best weather when 80% or 90% of the time they get all the heat and sunshine as we suffer with the worst of the rain and crap. 

Lol ,I'm shure I'll cheer up when the woodburners on 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 hour ago, draztik said:

You just can’t please some people! The NW has seen (and is still seeing) a period of fine weather. Temps 19-25, sunny cloudless days ... at least two weeks worth! And you’re moaning about westerlies. Get a grip. 

Very true. Having said that, I've seen people in my neck of the woods still in winter coats...

Wish I knew their secret.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
7 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Some of the moaning in the MOD thread is getting really tiresome!!

Some of us have had 5 or 6 weeks of wonderful weather!(For a change).

Yeah, I'm sure the fact that the weather has been nice in Oldham is a real comfort to people stuck under a layer of North Sea murk. They should just stop moaning.

Edited by cheese

Posted
2 hours ago, Summerstorm said:

Lol you're very pessimistic at the moment Moki  :rofl: 

What has wound me up is all those in the East and SE complaining when for once in a blue moon we are getting the best weather when 80% or 90% of the time they get all the heat and sunshine. Also @draztik refer to my sentence above i think he is kinda taking the pee out of some of those moaning about this weeks weather and is one upping them.

I don't think the weather in Wrexham is normally bad anyway - it's sheltered by the North Welsh mountains. In fact, nearby Hawarden is one of the warmest and sunniest places 'up north' and holds the Welsh heat record. 

But anyway, we are all selfish and want nice weather in our own backyard without caring much about the weather elsewhere. I am counting down the days until the westerlies return even if it means the NW bears the brunt (not unusual at all).

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
14 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

At last, a westerly! make a change after 6 weeks misty cloudy rubbish

gfs-0-162.png?12gfs-0-162.png?12gfs-0-162.png?12

Were you (and maybe some others) on holiday during May?
1731309543_May2018sunshineactual.thumb.gif.70fa0c252c4471cfab1834e142dde5ba.gif73439228_May2018sunshineanomaly.thumb.gif.d52f7a09c107ecb55a27d5b9f2d9efaa.gif
The recent pattern has been bringing more cloud in the east at times but it didn't seem to do the east any disadvantages in May - in fact the SW saw some of the lowest totals but I still thought it was a good month down here.

I've actually been in the Peak District since Monday and it has been mixed fortunes, some cloudy days some sunny. Also been mixed fortunes at home (but warmer at times, the cloud in the south is mainly due to low pressure over the near continent).
However, an E/NE surface flow can actually mean we're one of the warmest places at home (and in a southerly we'd be one of the cooler places).

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
7 hours ago, cheese said:

Yeah, I'm sure the fact that the weather has been nice in Oldham is a real comfort to people stuck under a layer of North Sea murk. They should just stop moaning.

Hey cheese, i watched super league last night and the sky was cloudless in wakefield!!!

:D

Edited by northwestsnow

Posted
3 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Hey cheese, i watched super league last night and the sky was cloudless in wakefield!!!

:D

It was a nice afternoon to be fair!

Posted
1 minute ago, cheese said:

It was a nice afternoon to be fair!

Aye, my father drove to Birmingham yesterday and went through Saddleworth to Holmfirth (scenic route).. he did comment on the cloud cover as soon as he got towards west yorks ..

Its the polar opposite of a westerly were we get the murk/cloud and other side of the hill is lovely and tbh its not very often we get the rub of the green ..

On a brighter note the 00z runs look better today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Many people on the E coast have been stuck under low cloud/mist/fog for nearly 6 weeks now. That’s just horrific at this time of the year. Loads of clag again over much of S England but it’s breaking up nicely here, the sun is out, hallelujah.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Many people on the E coast have been stuck under low cloud/mist/fog for nearly 6 weeks now. That’s just horrific at this time of the year. Loads of clag again over much of S England but it’s breaking up nicely here, the sun is out, hallelujah.

not here though, no sun, 6 weeks murk sea fog, but models look much better next week, high pressure and SW/W winds, best summer setup

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Aye, my father drove to Birmingham yesterday and went through Saddleworth to Holmfirth (scenic route).. he did comment on the cloud cover as soon as he got towards west yorks ..

Its the polar opposite of a westerly were we get the murk/cloud and other side of the hill is lovely and tbh its not very often we get the rub of the green ..

On a brighter note the 00z runs look better today.

Agree for my location, but for your location I'd have thought worst weather for 6 weeks?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

At last an upturn in fortunes for those on the east coast, though i was fortunate enough to spend the last week in Somerset where it was glorious much of the time. Azores high ridging across southern england produces the warmest conditions over here and thats what the models are suggesting next week.

• Like 1

Posted

Really poor runs this morning, looks really wet for most away from the SE as we head through next week.

Hoping the models are overdoing the Atlantic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
5 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Really poor runs this morning, looks really wet for most away from the SE as we head through next week.

Hoping the models are overdoing the Atlantic.

If it's any consolation the GFS run this morning is a bit of an outlier compared to the ensembles from the midnight and six o clock runs with around 70-75% of the runs showing high pressure in charge around 240hrs and from around 192hrs at least 60% of them showing HP starting to make in roads hopefully this trend continues within the ensembles on the mid morning run then we shouldn't need to worry about it. 

• Like 1

Posted

We're shown to get around 20mm up to the 19th on the latest GFS run. Given that the average June rainfall is around 55mm here and so far we've had practically nothing, I'd suggest it looks fine. Temps look average to slightly above.

And most importantly, I suspect it will be much sunnier than the past 10 days for this part of the world. Will be great to see this North Sea murky rubbish blown away. I will happily take more rain if it means more sunshine too - dry and dull doesn't do much for me.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

If only it could stay like this for the rest of Summer,19/20c bit of breeze,low humidity,bit of sun...perfect even for me!

Doubt it will last though,never does...that awful heat will return i'm sure

Posted
3 hours ago, cheese said:

We're shown to get around 20mm up to the 19th on the latest GFS run. Given that the average June rainfall is around 55mm here and so far we've had practically nothing, I'd suggest it looks fine. Temps look average to slightly above.

And most importantly, I suspect it will be much sunnier than the past 10 days for this part of the world. Will be great to see this North Sea murky rubbish blown away. I will happily take more rain if it means more sunshine too - dry and dull doesn't do much for me.

Agree its been bloody horrible and depressing seeing cloud and mist day after day. Been cold too some days with a brisk wind.

Posted
3 hours ago, cheese said:

Yes, if it's dull in June, it may as well be raining, the westerlies should be sunnier

tomorrow bbc has thick sea mist affecting here, wonder how long it will take to burn off, took until about 1pm today

Posted

Looked at the 00z runs, and wished i hadn't!

Looks like this spell of Atlantic weather might actually be here for quite a while as it stands.