IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Current synopsis a bit different to '75

Snow stopped play at Buxton that day, see a link

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/462037.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another vile cloudy day here. Getting so bored of constant cloud with this set up, which on face of it, promises nice weather. Ok, it’s better than windy, cool and cloudy Atlantic crap, which is always a danger. But forecasts have consistently turned out below par, with loads more cloud than forecast, subsequently actual temperatures are a lot lower and I’ve hardly seen any thundery activity at all. Not much useful rain either, with constant trips to the allotment to water stuff. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Another vile cloudy day here. Getting so bored of constant cloud with this set up, which on face of it, promises nice weather. Ok, it’s better than windy, cool and cloudy Atlantic crap, which is always a danger. But forecasts have consistently turned out below par, with loads more cloud than forecast, subsequently actual temperatures are a lot lower and I’ve hardly seen any thundery activity at all. Not much useful rain either, with constant trips to the allotment to water stuff. 

change on the way! at last, looks much better for most especially for SE, westerlies at last, not sure how to post charts, but meteociel.fr for models

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

Don't know what this cloud is you are talking about seen hardly any today :rofl:

Posted

Some of the moaning in the MOD thread is getting really tiresome!!

Some of us have had 5 or 6 weeks of wonderful weather!(For a change).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Indeed we have to put up with it when there's an east west split and the SE always gets good summer weather ,much wants more imo .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
14 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

More like 2 weeks. In that I mean that the days were warm, but the nights cooled off. That stopped over a fortnight ago and the nights started getting a lot warmer (not to mention humid). Unless conditions can provide warm days (and by that I mean a max of 24) but cool nights, then I'd rather it rain.

4 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

More like 2 weeks. In that I mean that the days were warm, but the nights cooled off. That stopped over a fortnight ago and the nights started getting a lot warmer (not to mention humid). Unless conditions can provide warm days (and by that I mean a max of 24) but cool nights, then I'd rather it rain.

I'm Shure  you'll get your wish July and August will be wet cool and miserable 

Edited by Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

I'm Shure  you'll get your wish July and August will be wet cool and miserable 

Not my fault that those conditions are so hard to achieve.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

change on the way! at last, looks much better for most especially for SE, westerlies at last, not sure how to post charts, but meteociel.fr for models

Not a big fan of westerlies in summer but if it’s sunnier than this set up, bring them on for a while. Hopefully nothing too cold and cloudy though. 

Posted
15 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Not a big fan of westerlies in summer but if it’s sunnier than this set up, bring them on for a while. Hopefully nothing too cold and cloudy though. 

westerlies great surely for Surrey? Jul and Aug completely westerly months, summeriest months for SE, Summer over for far NW, Scotland and Ireland

Posted
20 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

It's game over up here though I enjoyed summer ..

you've still got a few days yet, Tuesday the change, and maybe summer over for some areas, far north and west, but south and east, summer should be arriving

Posted

Hopefully not game over for summer at its beginning! Will see a bit of an unsettled phase but likely to be short lived. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Hopefully not game over for summer at its beginning! Will see a bit of an unsettled phase but likely to be short lived. 

not in your location! should be just beginning, late June to early Sept for the SE

Posted
10 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

not in your location! should be just beginning, late June to early Sept for the SE

Fingers crossed. As long as it’s sunny, am not that bothered about anything else. Hopefully good for all of the UK.

Posted

We've seen it so often in recent years. A good spell in early summer, along come the Westerlies. "Just a blip, the background signals etc....". End of August, still waiting. I'm not attacking those who use these signals, they say what they see and make honest predictions. Basic rule, never wish for the end of decent (& in some places excellent) weather, in the hope that something better will turn up. (Not of course that anybody's preference has any effect on the outcome!).

Posted
10 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Appreciated bud but you know the the north west  will end up with pisch ....

The weather patterns have been different this year, might be a great summer overall, we shall see  

Posted
23 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Appreciated bud but you know the the north west  will end up with pisch ....

You just can’t please some people! The NW has seen (and is still seeing) a period of fine weather. Temps 19-25, sunny cloudless days ... at least two weeks worth! And you’re moaning about westerlies. Get a grip.