Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
57 minutes ago, davehsug said:

I've had to chuckle at the BBC Midlands weather, showing us with the lowest temperatures as usual, when it's been obvious with the sun out all day, the temperatures around here will have been amongst the highest.

The ITV granada weather is even worse. Said it would be 20c here today. Yeah...at 11am...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Just wish this low pressure over France would do one  , this poxy rain is getting to be a pain in the neck:angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
2 hours ago, 78/79 said:

Just wish this low pressure over France would do one  , this poxy rain is getting to be a pain in the neck:angry:

Agreed. Sod the storm potential. Enough people have suffered damage to their homes already.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Agree with those wanting rid of the low pressure and rain. Would much prefer the lovely weather of the previous fortnight.

Posted
22 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Agreed. Sod the storm potential. Enough people have suffered damage to their homes already.

People don’t care. If it’s not affecting them, no reason to care.

Posted
8 minutes ago, draztik said:

People don’t care. If it’s not affecting them, no reason to care.

I'm seeing frightening similarities lol. This is how 3 page brawl kicked off over the SSW in Feb :help:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
55 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I'm seeing frightening similarities lol. This is how 3 page brawl kicked off over the SSW in Feb :help:

Yeah - so it's a little strange that the same people who kicked off that 'brawl' last time by attempting to guilt trip other users for having the nerve to enjoy severe weather on a weather forum, are back again making the same stupid/inflammatory comments - but instead of snow, it's thunderstorms. I mean, crikey - what next? Will we get told off for liking sunshine because some people get skin cancer? Am I selfish for not caring about that? Maybe the only appropriate weather is mild and dull - can't imagine anyone dying from that!

Anyone would think that they enjoy starting arguments.. 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
33 minutes ago, cheese said:

Yeah - so it's a little strange that the same people who kicked off that 'brawl' last time by attempting to guilt trip other users for having the nerve to enjoy severe weather on a weather forum, are back again making the same stupid/inflammatory comments - but instead of snow, it's thunderstorms. I mean, crikey - what next? Will we get told off for liking sunshine because some people get skin cancer? Am I selfish for not caring about that? Maybe the only appropriate weather is mild and dull - can't imagine anyone dying from that!

Well tell that to the people who've been flooded out of their homes. Be thankful you're not one of them.

Going to leave it at that before the mods have a tizzy.

Posted

A couple of brief thunderstorm downpours on Saturday evening is the only rain I've had since the 11th May. The outlook does have somewhat mixed fortunes though, in fact my area could be a bit cooler than many in some coming days.

Temps still at least average even on the less good days though.

Posted
35 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Well tell that to the people who've been flooded out of their homes. Be thankful you're not one of them.

Going to leave it at that before the mods have a tizzy.

At the end of the day, most of us are on this forum because we like unusual or extreme weather. You're not going to achieve anything by lecturing people. If that annoys you then as I have said a million times already, you're on the wrong forum. 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, cheese said:

Considering you're one of the main instigators, i'd say you quite enjoy it.

Some folk just dont take delight in others misery; 

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, cheese said:

At the end of the day, most of us are on this forum because we like unusual or extreme weather. You're not going to achieve anything by lecturing people. If that annoys you then as I have said a million times already, you're on the wrong forum. 

we're here to moan; so we're going to moan. enjoy the ride :)

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, draztik said:

we're here to moan; so we're going to moan. enjoy the ride :)

So you're essentially a troll. Interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
1 hour ago, cheese said:

It's as if this is a forum for weather enthusiasts, who would have thought it! 

Posted
Just now, Quicksilver1989 said:

It's as if this is a forum for weather enthusiasts, who would have thought it! 

Yeah - it's not as if you'd join this forum for any other reason, is it? 

Posted

Each to their own if that's how you get your jollies, but I don't understand how anyone can find excitement or joy in something that harms other people. These floods and storms have claimed lives just as they did during the easterly in february.

Posted
1 minute ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Each to their own if that's how you get your jollies, but I don't understand how anyone can find excitement or joy in something that harms other people. These floods and storms have claimed lives just as they did during the easterly in february.

You don't need to understand - you just need to stop going on about it all the time like a broken record. Can you do that?

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, cheese said:

You don't need to understand - you just need to stop going on about it all the time like a broken record. Can you do that?

you're the one who jumped in and started this "argument" my friend. And ironically I wasn't the one to bring up the rains in the first place.

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

you're the one who jumped in and started this "argument" my friend. And ironically I wasn't the one to bring up the rains in the first place.

I know - how unreasonable of me to object to the implication that I'm selfish and revel in the misery and misfortune of others because I enjoy thunderstorms. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and stormy, cold and icy!

I don’t often post on here but Ice Man 85, I have to seriously challenge your views on people’s love for ‘extreme weather’. I haven’t read of anyone excited that floods, extreme high or low temperatures could result in death or even life consequences. No one wants anything like that! As for anything ‘extreme’ with our weather more recently, the temperatures cumulatively are higher and there have been a few storms with big rainfall totals, but hardly the extremes other warmer countries can have in such conditions.

We are actually lucky to live in a country that our extremes are less so really compared to many others! Where are the hurricanes and extreme droughts that other countries suffer? Just look at the lightning storms that have killed dozens in India very recently!

If anything, people such as the many homeless can get killed from a few cold nights below zero which is hardly extreme as one example! A first warm spell of the year as another can and does often result in tragic consequences when people take a plunge in cold waters!

I’d also challenge your views in that it’s the same fanatics of more extreme weather that are the first in warning and raising awareness of any danger to those less informed and more vulnerable. As noted, I very rarely post but your views although with a good underlying sentiment, in my personal view (and others it seems), are without doubt misplaced at best. 

Edited by Mr Bartlettazores
  • Like 7

Not had a huge chance to take a look at things this morning but on the surface of it gfs appears to resist temptation to fully regress HP to Greenland and keeps us in a generally slack flow primarily from the Eastlerly quadrant resulting warm, fairly humid conditions with occasional thundery outbreaks until all but the last few frames of the run. 

Posted
9 hours ago, Mr Bartlettazores said:

I don’t often post on here but Ice Man 85, I have to seriously challenge your views on people’s love for ‘extreme weather’. I haven’t read of anyone excited that floods, extreme high or low temperatures could result in death or even life consequences. No one wants anything like that! As for anything ‘extreme’ with our weather more recently, the temperatures cumulatively are higher and there have been a few storms with big rainfall totals, but hardly the extremes other warmer countries can have in such conditions.

We are actually lucky to live in a country that our extremes are less so really compared to many others! Where are the hurricanes and extreme droughts that other countries suffer? Just look at the lightning storms that have killed dozens in India very recently!

If anything, people such as the many homeless can get killed from a few cold nights below zero which is hardly extreme as one example! A first warm spell of the year as another can and does often result in tragic consequences when people take a plunge in cold waters!

I’d also challenge your views in that it’s the same fanatics of more extreme weather that are the first in warning and raising awareness of any danger to those less informed and more vulnerable. As noted, I very rarely post but your views although with a good underlying sentiment, in my personal view (and others it seems), are without doubt misplaced at best. 

You're twisting my words. I never said that they were excited at the "life and death" of people. I said I didn't understand how they got excited at *conditions* that can and have led to that. Those are two different things. To me at least.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

why do the met office keep mentioning severe storms today. i think the amber warning was over the top

it's not as bad as Saturday evening / night

i know they are concerned about the slow moving showers and storms

they don't mean 'severe' as in USA Plain's style supercells

radar or lightning maps, don't look that impressive to me

i guess, the Uk version of severe storm, is standard but slow moving storms, dumping a lot of rain, and causing flash flooding

Many places are of course, missing them completely

Posted
2 hours ago, stevofunnelcl said:

why do the met office keep mentioning severe storms today. i think the amber warning was over the top

it's not as bad as Saturday evening / night

i know they are concerned about the slow moving showers and storms

they don't mean 'severe' as in USA Plain's style supercells

radar or lightning maps, don't look that impressive to me

i guess, the Uk version of severe storm, is standard but slow moving storms, dumping a lot of rain, and causing flash flooding

Many places are of course, missing them completely

Simple really: if they made little of it and places flooded, their heads would be on pikes. They're basically covering their backsides.