Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 hours ago, Eugene said:

What an absolute nightmare this endless humidity is and it's only May, no end in sight and not much sign of fresher weather. Something is seriously wrong with our climate, continious continental heat is not normal in July let alone in May. On course for record growth in the countryside beating even previous Summers, never seen it this overgrown in May. Of course by Winter the atlantic will wake up and we'll get fleeting blink or you'll miss it continental affairs like the past late winter/early spring period. Global warming is accelerating at an alarming rate. @karyo i know willl share my concerns.

no humidity here, felt awful, cool/fresh just like January

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
12 hours ago, Eugene said:

What an absolute nightmare this endless humidity is and it's only May, no end in sight and not much sign of fresher weather. Something is seriously wrong with our climate, continious continental heat is not normal in July let alone in May. On course for record growth in the countryside beating even previous Summers, never seen it this overgrown in May. Of course by Winter the atlantic will wake up and we'll get fleeting blink or you'll miss it continental affairs like the past late winter/early spring period. Global warming is accelerating at an alarming rate. @karyo i know willl share my concerns.

This month would be a record cold July. It hasn't been that humid either, apart from today (which only felt like typical summer humidity anyway).

A 15-16c dewpoint in summer is normal.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

I wouldn’t say the humidity has been that bad yet either. I mean it’s often more humid in the winter than summer believe it or not - average around 80% I think - but you just don’t feel it with the cold. It only gets to be an issue in the summer when the continent heats up and starts sending moisture our way like the last few days & upcoming. The only bit I really hate is those hot nights that stay at like 20-23c....they are gross for sleeping in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
12 hours ago, Eugene said:

Apart from the last day or so humidity has been fairly low throughout this spring. For instance most of the warmest days in the past month or so we're couple with mornings where temperatures started in so single figures.

This spring has been pretty blocked throughout but unlike 2013 the blocking has tended to offer a large variety of different outcomes from the butter cold in March to some extremely wet periods to very high temperatures in April.

As for the large amount of growth,  again we had a lot of rain for a fair part of this Spring which means a large supply of water for plants which has been fullly exploited by the above average sunshine we have seen this month. In the end this has been a very interesting Spring caused by some interesting background signals which has made this season much more continental like than normal. I see no reason to complain or express concern, in the end temperatures have pushed both extremes and oddly the season as a whole will probably balance out around average in temperature, rainfall and sunshine amounts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 hour ago, mb018538 said:

I wouldn’t say the humidity has been that bad yet either. I mean it’s often more humid in the winter than summer believe it or not - average around 80% I think - but you just don’t feel it with the cold. It only gets to be an issue in the summer when the continent heats up and starts sending moisture our way like the last few days & upcoming. The only bit I really hate is those hot nights that stay at like 20-23c....they are gross for sleeping in.

Can't have it both ways; you want hot days, you get hot nights since the muck is pulled in from dear old europe. When this spell started, it was warm by day, but the nights did cool. That has stopped however, and last night was very warm even out to the early hours. Not pleasant at all. Making the most of today before the muck is back with a vengeance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

met office 7 day forecast surely must be computer generated, this morning it shows for my area

today - drizzle 19c, tomorrow cloudy 20c, monday cloudy 18c, tuesday cloudy 19c, wed cloudy 18c, thurs cloudy 16c, fri cloudy 16c

i know it'll still feel muggy, but WTF !! - not even 70f

Posted

They are computer generated and not to be relied upon. I know people who plan their days out a week in advance based on them! Madness!

Posted

bring on the westerlies! E'lys and miserable weather for foreseeable future, could be one of dullest Whit weeks on record

Posted
25 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

bring on the westerlies! E'lys and miserable weather for foreseeable future, could be one of dullest Whit weeks on record

Only it won’t . . .

Posted
19 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

no humidity here, felt awful, cool/fresh just like January

Not just you but some comments in here show not much realism, feeling like January, high humidity, like a cold July.

I know it is the moan thread but how about some realism from some of you?

Edited by johnholmes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Temps have generally been 23C at their highest across country recently and people are complaining that it's too warm? Sorry, but that's just downright silly. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
2 hours ago, cheese said:

Temps have generally been 23C at their highest across country recently and people are complaining that it's too warm? Sorry, but that's just downright silly. 

Got above that once or twice here. Anyway, its no more silly than the guy who claimed he puts his heating on if it drops below 18c. We're all different.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Hopefully we avoid any overly cool northerly in 7-10 days time. Id rather have atlantic over a cool northerly at this time of year bringing the chance of frosts. But a continuation of the dry and settled would do just fine, with a few storms thrown in for good measure, and to water the plants. 

Posted

Why are peeps so excited about a slack humid cloudy north-east flow. It’s going to be dull for days on end in the east:fool:

Edited by Matthew.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Matthew. said:

Why are peeps so excited about a slack humid cloudy north-east flow. It’s going to be dull for days on end in the east:fool:

I'm certainly not, horrible morning here with sea mist, bring on the SW'lys

Posted
47 minutes ago, Matthew. said:

This sums it up nicely. People want what makes others miserable. They see reddish orange charts and think ‘party’. 

Horrible week coming up for much of England. 

The people of Birmingham won’t be posting in the MAD thread any time soon ... they’re too busy with real life! 

Edited by draztik
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

Not exactly 'burning back to the coast' is it ? So horrible here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

It's a fine day here - not the clear blue skies of yesterday but sunny spells and 22C. 24-25C is the expected high today.

The rest of this week isn't looking great to be honest though - settled and dry, which is good, but also very cloudy. I think tomorrow will be cloudy all day. Wednesday too. Very disappointing.

I'd love a south westerly to be honest. It's during south westerlies that Yorkshire is sometimes the UK hotspot.

Edited by cheese

Posted
6 hours ago, Sweatyman said:

Not exactly 'burning back to the coast' is it ? So horrible here

looks bad tomorrow, hasn't fully cleared today at all, but still summery and partly cloudy

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms
38 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

looks bad tomorrow, hasn't fully cleared today at all, but still summery and partly cloudy

10 miles has made all the dirrerence round these parts today. Hull city centre had clear blue skies around lunchtime but 10 miles towards the coast its remained dull and misty. Hopefully the gfs12z is on to something and we can see a shift in the centre of the high in about a weeks time. I cant really complain though as even here weve seen copious amounts of sunshine here this month and some decent temps too.

Posted
20 minutes ago, Milhouse said:

10 miles has made all the dirrerence round these parts today. Hull city centre had clear blue skies around lunchtime but 10 miles towards the coast its remained dull and misty. Hopefully the gfs12z is on to something and we can see a shift in the centre of the high in about a weeks time. I cant really complain though as even here weve seen copious amounts of sunshine here this month and some decent temps too.

same here, Stoke no sea mist, here loads of it

Posted
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

same here, Stoke no sea mist, here loads of it

I've had to chuckle at the BBC Midlands weather, showing us with the lowest temperatures as usual, when it's been obvious with the sun out all day, the temperatures around here will have been amongst the highest.

Posted

Still 19c here and bloody stifling. In what world is that pleasant? I'm with matthew above. At least in that scenario the nights would cool. There is nothing more oppressive than a humid feed from good old europe.