Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
26 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

I was with a friend on a delivery in London yesterday.  28C and I was only wearing shorts and trainers -  bellissimo.:laugh:  Can't wait for the next hot shot. :yahoo:

Do you know how non-bellissimo was the air that you inhaled in London? Especially on a day with little wind to push the pollution away.

At least in Liverpool your lungs are relatively safe.

• Like 1

Posted

The very warm/hot and largely sunny spell many of us had up to yesterday is, to me, so much better than a similar one well into summer. Why? Because at this time of year we have the lovely fresh green grass and the trees all bursting into leaf and many into flower with crisp clear skies. By mid summer the green is looking rather tired, in most years, and that freshness has long since gone.

Don' get me wrong summer heat if it ends after a few days with cracking storms does have its attraction.

Just my view.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms
50 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

The very warm/hot and largely sunny spell many of us had up to yesterday is, to me, so much better than a similar one well into summer. Why? Because at this time of year we have the lovely fresh green grass and the trees all bursting into leaf and many into flower with crisp clear skies. By mid summer the green is looking rather tired, in most years, and that freshness has long since gone.

Don' get me wrong summer heat if it ends after a few days with cracking storms does have its attraction.

Just my view.

Your not the only one with that view. I love this time of year with the rapid growth and buds unfurling. It makes a warm spell all the more special. Whilst a late august hot spell is welcomed by me it only takes some ploughing and muck spreading nearby to remind me that summer is nearing its end.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
2 hours ago, karyo said:

Do you know how non-bellissimo was the air that you inhaled in London? Especially on a day with little wind to push the pollution away.

At least in Liverpool your lungs are relatively safe.

Yes, I know - I'm asthmatic.  Had to use my inhaler several times.  Fortunately I didn't have to be active as I was only the passenger during our delivery.  Have you tried breathing the air around the A13 in Barking? Absolutely foul.  I pity anyone who lives in the area.

Edit: According to the Met Office air quality in London yesterday was 4 - low to moderate.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Milhouse said:

Your not the only one with that view. I love this time of year with the rapid growth and buds unfurling. It makes a warm spell all the more special. Whilst a late august hot spell is welcomed by me it only takes some ploughing and muck spreading nearby to remind me that summer is nearing its end.

September is almost as warm as June on average, so although the days are rapidly drawing in, you have still have a month left of summer-like conditions to enjoy. I don't get that 'summer is over' feeling until the back end of September when the very first signs of foliage change are becoming apparent. 

Posted
47 minutes ago, cheese said:

September is almost as warm as June on average, so although the days are rapidly drawing in, you have still have a month left of summer-like conditions to enjoy. I don't get that 'summer is over' feeling until the back end of September when the very first signs of foliage change are becoming apparent. 

Early October is often very summery by that measure, but it always leaves me feeling a little... uneasy(?). It’s like when Christmas is warm. Everyone loves going for a walk after dinner, but it doesn’t seem right to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Early October can be summer-like too, though average temperatures by that point are probably experiencing their steepest decline of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Early start this morning,watched the sun rise slowly over a glistening dew filled world......oh no hang on that was just the hay fever

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
15 hours ago, cheese said:

Early October can be summer-like too, though average temperatures by that point are probably experiencing their steepest decline of the year.

The first half of September is warmer than the first half of June here. Average high at the start of October is 18c so unless it's a few degrees above average and sunny, it usually doesn't feel that summery.

Posted
On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 16:46, Frosty. said:

Yes it does, it says potential for some very warm spells in the south..covering late May / early June!!:mellow:

Purely academic at such range but they have now dropped the "Very"...

Obviously their long range models will flip flop around, so take any wording with a huge pinch of salt would be my advice.:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Although not impressively warm, there looks to be plenty of dry weather on the cards. We may actually come out with a dry May! I think 2010 was last one here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

The local media are talking rubbish again with a heatwave on the cards! Absolute rubbish. But it does look mild/pleasantly warm for the forseeable with the exception being mid week as we get a temporary cool northwesterly. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 hour ago, Milhouse said:

The local media are talking rubbish again with a heatwave on the cards! Absolute rubbish. But it does look mild/pleasantly warm for the forseeable with the exception being mid week as we get a temporary cool northwesterly. 

Well if the weather stayed like it was today, then you'd get no complaints from me. High teen raw temps are where I draw the line though as in a strong sun, it will always feel like the low twenties. Sadly though the winds always veer into a bad direction at some point and the temps take the mick

Edited by Ice Man 85
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
59 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Well if the weather stayed like it was today, then you'd get no complaints from me. High teen raw temps are where I draw the line though as in a strong sun, it will always feel like the low twenties. Sadly though the winds always veer into a bad direction at some point and the temps take the mick

Mick taking temps are becoming the norm in UK. Your better off migrating to Yakutsk in Russia if you don't like heat, although pretty much your cup of tea in winter but summers are generally chilled too around 15 to 20C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 hour ago, 38.5*C said:

Mick taking temps are becoming the norm in UK. Your better off migrating to Yakutsk in Russia if you don't like heat, although pretty much your cup of tea in winter but summers are generally chilled too around 15 to 20C.

as are mild winters but you wouldn't want me saying that now would you? Can't have it both ways if you're a "seasonalist" as most on here claim to be.

Edited by Ice Man 85
  • Like 1

Posted

I'm still waiting for the 'cold wet weather' that 38.5 degrees was suggesting was on its way after the Bank Holiday warm spell.

It really has been very dry around here with plenty of sunshine ever since, and now it has warmed up slightly too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
56 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

I'm still waiting for the 'cold wet weather' that 38.5 degrees was suggesting was on its way after the Bank Holiday warm spell.

It really has been very dry around here with plenty of sunshine ever since, and now it has warmed up slightly too.

Wednesday though is looking 'orrible in my location, biting wind, and winter coats, most days in January will have warmer winds, as it would be from SW

Posted

Sadly looks like the pleasant conditions are on the way out. Next week is looking vile. Wouldn't rule out the high 20s at this rate. :bad:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 17:18, Scorcher said:

Don't blame me blame the model output for suggesting it.    

Posted
1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Sadly looks like the pleasant conditions are on the way out. Next week is looking vile. Wouldn't rule out the high 20s at this rate. :bad:

Doesn't look too bad to me, low to mid 20s at most, with coolish nights.

Posted
1 minute ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Doesn't look too bad to me, low to mid 20s at most, with coolish nights.

Ironically your neck of the woods will do better than where I am. I never welcome an easterly at any time of the year. Nights won't fall much below 14c either by the look of things. Will be more like 17c with all the heat from the day still lingering in the house.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Ironically your neck of the woods will do better than where I am. I never welcome an easterly at any time of the year. Nights won't fall much below 14c either by the look of things. Will be more like 17c with all the heat from the day still lingering in the house.

Oh well time will tell I suppose.