Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Oh joy ,yet another day of poxy rain. :wallbash:If anyone moves to Somerset for the weather, they sure are going to be  disappointed. 

Edited by 78/79

Posted
11 minutes ago, 78/79 said:

Oh joy ,yet another day of poxy rain. :wallbash:If anyone moves to Somerset for the weather, they sure are going to be  disappointed. 

Its the same in London the last week or 2, miserable day after day of cold and rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I laid some turf yesterday so its getting a good soak. But apart from that the incessant rain can do one! In my opinion its been the worst start to the year in an awful long time. Even the cold spells were accompanied by persistent gale force winds and grey skies totally unlike other years. Im really hoping these signs of something slightly more settled materialise.

• Like 3

Posted

My god , today is VILE, cold pentrating sideways rain and drizzle , grey leaden skies , just rotten to the core , this predicted warm settled stuff cant come soon enough, even warmer rain will do,  as long as its convective well scattered showers  :D ,    and this .....:cold:.....can be consigned to history for another 9 months

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
9 hours ago, IanR said:

My god , today is VILE, cold pentrating sideways rain and drizzle , grey leaden skies , just rotten to the core , this predicted warm settled stuff cant come soon enough, even warmer rain will do,  as long as its convective well scattered showers  :D ,    and this .....:cold:.....can be consigned to history for another 9 months

It's ridiculous how sodden the ground is. My back garden is all soggy and squelchy - and there's a lot of water running off from the soil. I'd prefer warm rain to cold rain any day of the week but we desperately need a good drying out period.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

still way below freezing here..its been one of the coldest Easters on record..another -20c night to come

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow
29 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

still way below freezing here..its been one of the coldest Easters on record..another -20c night to come

Brilliant - Canada has such an awesome climate! :clap:

• Like 1

Posted

Continuing to see pressure rises to the east in the medium term but the problem remains the precise the precise postion and orientation of the trough in the eastern Atlantic.

gefs_z500a_5d_nh_57.thumb.png.9334a7032c45720b49fbc30bf0277099.png814day_03.thumb.gif.83e94bceb647b8081fc712740d36473a.gif

Posted
10 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

wow how can it still be so cold in April,won't it suddenly warm there soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Spring warmth still being held at bay for the foreseeable it seems. 

Cannot wait for a dry warm spell, and to leave the coat and brolly at home for a while. Hopefully, we'll get lucky with an early and long summer. Need it after what feels like a never-ending winter.

• Like 1

Posted

could be a cold year,about time too ,this pattern looks locked in,next winter could be mega for cold.about time

Posted

I suspect many more people will be booking foreign holidays if the current weather persists all year.. wet, cool summers are never good for the UK tourism industry (or anything else really).

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

If it were dry and warm now we would be getting those saying we were using up all the nice days now and were destined for a poor summer. Luckily no one knows what this year will bring. 

• Like 2

Posted

I agree :clap:its a waiting game in the summer to see if the weather paterns will shift into a more summery  scenario..It does eventually as we head into september but then its all to late. Hopefully  spring this year  is our summer set up of recent years. where we are waiting for good weather to appear. June and July will be september and october of the last decade :pardon:

Posted
5 hours ago, cheese said:

I suspect many more people will be booking foreign holidays if the current weather persists all year.. wet, cool summers are never good for the UK tourism industry (or anything else really).

1962 was a wet cool summer - just sayin' :whistling:

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Purga said:

Really? Interesting. I wonder, if summer 2018 is wet and cool, it will be followed by a mild winter like 2011-2012, or 2007-2008. 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted

Only problem with warm rain,the slugs are back already argggggg !  , cant believe I found one on my kitchen floor tiles today, :cc_confused: its never happened before , the patio doors where shut , I think it sneaked up the plug hole from the waste pipe ,  the stuff of nightmares ...or less likely the tiny gap where the pipe exits  

I am mortified   , full bottle of bleach down the plug hole and the rubber plug stays in too !  , just in case, tiny gap will get sealed tomorrow, and a few pellets sprinkled    :rofl: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
5 hours ago, Purga said:

............and followed by that awful winter.  I lived through that.

Posted
6 hours ago, cheese said:

Really? Interesting. I wonder, if summer 2018 is wet and cool, it will be followed by a mild winter like 2011-2012, or 2007-2008. 

What makes you think that based on 1962? That Summer was followed by the coldest Winter in over 200 years. 2007 was followed by a mild Winter, but on the other hand 2012, which was similar wasn't. Not that I think that we will have much clue about how next Winter might play out until late Autumn at least and at this point it's anybody's guess. The same applies to the coming Summer aswell, which could turn out any which way yet as far as I'm concerned. I would prefer a warm sunny one though as you can make more use out of it then, plus they look better than grey and rainy ones. But I don't tend to mind too much really how Summer turns out compared to Winter I have to say. Plus the fact all types of Summers have preceded all types of Winters, so I don't tend to believe that one type would necessarily lead to a certain type of Winter anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

1976, 1983, 1989, 2006 and 2013 all had horror starts to spring, in some cases with winter extending into March or even April.

They all had warm/hot, and in most cases sunnier than average summers.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, B87 said:

1976, 1983, 1989, 2006 and 2013 all had horror starts to spring, in some cases with winter extending into March or even April.

They all had warm/hot, and in most cases sunnier than average summers.

Indeed, 2006 was marginally colder than this year to the end of March and ended up being the warmest year on record at the time (since beaten by 2014).

Posted
10 hours ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

............and followed by that awful FANTASTIC winter.  I lived through that.

Tided for you ! :clap:

I lived through it to - never had a winter better since! :good:

Edited by Purga
  • Like 1

Posted

Gawd it is April, spring and yet a fair number are still hankering after something cold. I can't wait to get 20C and be able to sit in the garden and feel pleasantly warm. Much better than dashing out to the bin or giving the fish a quick feed. Winter is fine in winter but NOT from now on. I'll accept a 36-48 hour cold northerly but please no more damn winds from off the N Sea.

• Like 4