Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
8 hours ago, matty007 said:

Well, put it this way. There is no signs of any warmth and or dry weather. Zero. And from the models I’ve seen, they pretty more all collaborate on the cold/snow returning, albeit less severely.  

We have been really spoilt in spring in recent years for warmth though. I wonder if we thought it was normal when it wasn’t especially 2011, 14, 17. As you say though 2013 you knew where you stood with the cold

C4E33409-9D7F-4B08-8334-DEA8B5BACABB.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

so annoyed, hopefully the cold comes back

• Like 1

Posted
20 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

so annoyed, hopefully the cold comes back

winter is coming back  :cold: , hopefully on its last swansong after this latest pester and spring can begin once we are a week or two into April , that sun feels warm today , lukewarm though :D, but getting stronger each passing day, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Looks like a dull wet cold - no snow though (at least in the west mids),  Easter weekend at the moment.

Posted
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

Jesus when will certain like hunting posters get it ,winters over it's spring go into hibernation and let us summer lovers here have our time .......

To be fair, I think the penny is beginning to drop....this morning's efforts look fairly limp-wristed to say the least :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
On 3/22/2018 at 21:57, matty007 said:

This stop start cold and snow is getting really boring now. 

Its approaching April now and I am yearning for some warmth. This has been a uncomfortably long and cold winter and it’s only been made worse by its erratic nature. Really cold, then average, and back to cold and snow. It’s really boring now. And being an outside worker, really uncomfortable. 

Surely this can’t go on much longer!

Quite right, it'd be a lot better if it just didn't stop... :rofl:

Nah, in all seriousness, something warmer would go down a treat! Looking at my records for this weekend last year and we had 16C & 18C with sunshine makes me sigh while looking at the thermometer today which reads 8C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

Quite right, it'd be a lot better if it just didn't stop... :rofl:

Nah, in all seriousness, something warmer would go down a treat! Looking at my records for this weekend last year and we had 16C & 18C with sunshine makes me sigh while looking at the thermometer today which reads 8C.

18'C in sunshine does feel pleasent, I'm currently on Costa del Sol. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

That's it then - game over - UKMO - no snow, GFS - no snow, ICON - no snow.

@feb1991blizzard  let's await the gfs soon and see no snow again lol, but the ecm is still going for it...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow
On 24/12/2017 at 20:22, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

we use 'Zonality' a lot, is the word made up on here, not a word in 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow

No idea what happened to make the quote above appear! I only wanted to moan about the lack of warmth....and the fact that ive just had to change my holiday dates for cornwall from april til june! Oh well. We'll  probably  get a heatwave on the 20th now. Be just my luck!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Now that's snow!:)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

What a beautiful two days - stunning spring sunshine which has really helped dry things up. People have been mowing their lawns for the first time this year, and the strength of the sun is very noticeable - the UV index is around 3 so certainly enough to catch a tan. It's also telling how many more people there are out and about - yesterday evening was very busy with dog walkers, runners, cyclists, children playing etc.

All down hill from tomorrow though.. sigh. Really getting fed up of rain and cold. There's no point to it.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

I keep seeing the word Mild being used in Model thread but I think it's only a word that should be used during winter months, we all know mild in winter is temps from about 7'C upwards, now its spring/british summer time in my opinion it should be cold, cool, average, warm, very warm, hot.

Today temps been around 11'C here I would describe this as average for very late March, if it had got up to say 14 or 15'C I would describe it as warm for time of year or even pleasant especially in any prolonged sunshine.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Poor Summer Sun, he's currently the only sane person on the MOD thread looking for nice weather while everyone else is still clinging on to cold and snow for some reason (more likely to be cold rain, how exciting). Wish the winter-only posters would go away.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I guess we were due a spring like this sooner or later. The southerly tracking lows and arctic air have been as relentless as the warmth was during 2011 and 2007. But there are continued signs for a long awaited change to a more mobile westerly pattern from around the 7th April. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

hehe I am of to Malaga in the third week of april for just a week  visting a freind who now lives near there,  at least I should feel some pleasant warmth, and hopefully warmed a little here by the time I get return,   sick to the back teeth of the vile persistent below average temps that just refuse to move out of single digits for any decent amount of time :nonono:,  apart from the odd 10 or 11c day :angry:

• Like 3

Posted

Hopefully the ext EPS this evening is nodding in the right direction with the north Russian vortex oven Franz Joseph en route to Greenland  allowing high pressure over central Europe to push NW relegating the upper trough south and thus pushing temps over the UK a little above average.

Edited by knocker

Posted
24 minutes ago, knocker said:

Further to the above :shok:

gfs_t2maf_slp_eur2_63.thumb.png.6e6928700757d815e66bc796d03cc1f7.png

That’s more like it. Apparently summers going to be poor from what I’ve read so yes the next 2 months might be our summer:D

Posted

The ext EPS anomaly this morning is not dissimilar to the GEFS with high pressure building to the east with the trough dropping south over Iberia and weakening. So the trend still looking positive and temps maybe creeping a little above average.

gefs_z500a_5d_nh_61.thumb.png.171d3442d2e35f0b4a5b685a3f833c58.pnggefs_t2ma_5d_nh_61.thumb.png.530dd5ac1b5bdd1c57371fc5ec3e8abd.png

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, knocker said:

The ext EPS anomaly this morning is not dissimilar to the GEFS with high pressure building to the east with the trough dropping south over Iberia and weakening. So the trend still looking positive and temps maybe creeping a little above average.

gefs_z500a_5d_nh_61.thumb.png.171d3442d2e35f0b4a5b685a3f833c58.pnggefs_t2ma_5d_nh_61.thumb.png.530dd5ac1b5bdd1c57371fc5ec3e8abd.png

Not before chuffing time in my view!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, johnholmes said:

Not before chuffing time in my view!

Nor mine. Another lousy day here from about 1000 this morning and temp is still only 6C

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Always worth remembering that the first half of Feb 12 had a CET close to zero, the second half of March was near record breaking warm.

The weather can flip in Spring.

• Like 1