Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

At least in 2008 there had been some warmth between the cold spells. It went from 19C on April 3rd to 4C on the 6th. Plenty of sunshine too as the cool weather that followed was mostly convective.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Great cold outlook at the moment. Long may it continue. Hopefully go straight from Winter to Winter.......I can dream :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Strange how some people here seem to think mild and wet weather is the absolute pits.

Okay, not ideal by a long stretch but instantly better than cold, with sleety rain for me. At least heating bills are much less for starters! ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, Steve C said:

Strange how some people here seem to think mild and wet weather is the absolute pits.

Okay, not ideal by a long stretch but instantly better than cold, with sleety rain for me. At least heating bills are much less for starters! ?

but so would mild and dry? SS though loves it wet, the excitement of posting washouts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.
41 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

but so would mild and dry? SS though loves it wet, the excitement of posting washouts

Really? Maybe he should call himself "Summer Rain" then.

People say "mild mush" I've never seen "cold mush" ever mentioned. Gavin obviously dislikes cold at all costs and it's his right. Unless there's proper snow, cold precipitation is way worse, for me.

Posted
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

Prefer 25 c and sun myself :closedeyes:

well yes! could only be a month away technically, won't be though

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather
2 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Prefer 25 c and sun myself :closedeyes:

I ACTUALLY FOUND MY 25 DEGREES SUNNY PATCH TODAY! It was in my greenhouse  :D - I have been made ill by a Beast-From-The-East-type-COLD and am off work this week so I took the radio into the greenhouse and sat spinning wool and feeling much happier in the sunshine. I do not want a third Beast, I am hoping (probably fruitlessly) that this latest batch of model runs are wrong....

• Thanks 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, Woollymummy said:

I ACTUALLY FOUND MY 25 DEGREES SUNNY PATCH TODAY! It was in my greenhouse  :D - I have been made ill by a Beast-From-The-East-type-COLD and am off work this week so I took the radio into the greenhouse and sat spinning wool and feeling much happier in the sunshine. I do not want a third Beast, I am hoping (probably fruitlessly) that this latest batch of model runs are wrong....

With a bit of luck those horrible charts will tone down a bit to the extend that a third beast as such wouldn't have the teeth of the last one. I think it's highly likely, though, that the Easter Weather will be cold and unpleasant for most. Strong hints in FI though that the Vortex over Siberia will be weakening/moving away, which is the cause of the issues

Edited by Peejayem
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Strikes me as folk on here are getting a little snowbound..........

"Be careful what you wish for" (as they say)

Happy Easter

Posted
17 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

well yes! could only be a month away technically, won't be though

Not quite sure 100% credibility but mid April 1949 it was just shy of 30C at Covent Garden. I had a look at the archive and impressive plume certainly supportive of very warm conditions so it is possible..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Just wondered, would the snow chasers among us (I'm one during Winter & especially during the lead up to Christmas) prefer to see cold weather all year long? Surely there comes a point when people want a bit of warmth. I'm fed up of the cold! :sorry:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

As much as I love the cold and snow, even I now want some warmth after the past month or so of beasts from the east.  As fun as it has been its now time for us to enjoy a few months of nice warm weather.  Let's just hope this coming winter gets its act together a bit earlier in the season so we can enjoy a real cold and snowy winter rather than leaving it until March or April, when even the die hard coldies are sick of it then too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
3 hours ago, snow freak said:

As much as I love the cold and snow, even I now want some warmth after the past month or so of beasts from the east.  As fun as it has been its now time for us to enjoy a few months of nice warm weather.  Let's just hope this coming winter gets its act together a bit earlier in the season so we can enjoy a real cold and snowy winter rather than leaving it until March or April, when even the die hard coldies are sick of it then too.

Yes. I know of a few farmers who are p i 553d of dragging snow searchers cars out of drifts when they have better things to do especially on farm access roads Winter over. Keep it on the tops. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Jezzer said:

Just wondered, would the snow chasers among us (I'm one during Winter & especially during the lead up to Christmas) prefer to see cold weather all year long? Surely there comes a point when people want a bit of warmth. I'm fed up of the cold! :sorry:

I like my cold and snow from end of October to end of February. This cold is wearing thin on me at the moment. It's my Bday in less than a month, and I like my Bdays hot!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.

This stop start cold and snow is getting really boring now. 

Its approaching April now and I am yearning for some warmth. This has been a uncomfortably long and cold winter and it’s only been made worse by its erratic nature. Really cold, then average, and back to cold and snow. It’s really boring now. And being an outside worker, really uncomfortable. 

Surely this can’t go on much longer!

Edited by matty007
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, matty007 said:

This stop start cold and snow is getting really boring now. 

Its approaching April now and I am yearning for some warmth. This has been a uncomfortably long and cold winter and it’s only been made worse by its irratic nature. Really cold, then average, and back to cold and snow. It’s really boring now. And being an outside worker, really uncomfortable. 

Surely this can’t go on much longer!

? no snow now is there

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

? no snow now is there

It’s supposedly coming back. 

I think it’s apparent that I loathe cold, and snow. But it’s more tolerable if it’s predictable and consistent. Then I adopt a ‘just grind it out approach’. But this is honestly a very irritating and strange period of weather. Very cold and snowy, then sunny and around average, then back to horrible cold. It makes it much worse because you think it’s over and get used to it more mild, only for it to come back!

I cannot wait to see the back of this ‘winter’. It’s getting really tedious to see icecles in March/approaching April and breathing out condensation. 

Luckily it cannot last much longer. The suns warming up and will win shortly. 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

not sure about it coming back, at least not for the south, nothing definite

Well, put it this way. There is no signs of any warmth and or dry weather. Zero. And from the models I’ve seen, they pretty more all collaborate on the cold/snow returning, albeit less severely.