Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
1 hour ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Well March certainly came in like a lion so can we pleeeease see it go out like a Lamb???

My Frogs need to spawn!!!!

There was me worrying that the weather is changing dramatically, and were all gonna die, then you reassuringly   reminded me  that March comes in like a lion, and goes out like a lamb!

Sleep better now, thanks.

Posted

Great week for a coldie last week and a fair bit of snow for most but boy, it signed off with a whimper.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow
2 hours ago, knocker said:

Reminds me '47 :whistling:

1847 for you Knocker? :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and HEAVY snow
4 hours ago, knocker said:

Reminds me '47 :whistling:

Lovely photo knocker, but how long til you start putting up some pictures with the red crayons?  :)

Posted
On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:55, TEITS said:

I felt like that during the 2010 winter when I missed out many times. I also missed the heaviest snowfall during our recent cold spell as RAF Wittering had over 30cm of snowfall and is only 20 miles away.

u Still this won't put me off chasing next winter because you will always get winners and losers.

trouble is these true Siberian blasts are very rare.i very much doubt next winter we will see the Siberian high anywhere near UK.thats why so disappointing to miss out on the heavy snow.very unusual to see low pressure that tracks NW normally they track NE or along the channel.or fail to.hit the uk in the first place,when we have the Siberian high on charge.check the archives.

oh well maybe in 20 years time we will see the Siberian high return....:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
16 hours ago, Purga said:

1847 for you Knocker? :rofl:

Reminds me of here in South Wales...................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold . snow
On 04/03/2018 at 13:04, MIKE LEVITT said:

big letdown in east Yorkshire,yet again.been a few years now since we had a heavy snowfall.

You can have mine still got plenty....................

Posted

A thaw slowly taking place here. It's snowing again today but tomorrow is forecast to reach 10C and maybe 18C on Sunday.

I've had snow on the ground since 7th February so it's been a decent latter part of winter (it had been very disappointing up to that point).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I have to say that the upcoming model setup looks awful. Although i would like to see a below average CET since March 2012 (it ruined me for other March's) i have much preferred heat. No high pressure in sight though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Yes, vile output. Some of the worst imaginable really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I'm still pretty gobsmacked at how easily the block , and cold air was pushed away  to be honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 hours ago, 78/79 said:

I'm still pretty gobsmacked at how easily the block , and cold air was pushed away  to be honest.

was a great effort though, best E'ly of the large teapot! can't expect it to be like 78-79

Posted
5 hours ago, 78/79 said:

And I’m amazed how quick it wants to come back for round 2 :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Just as the snow is nearly all gone the ECM throws up snowmageddon here on the 18-19th. Over 40mm of precipitation and all of it snow.

Sure to change of course but let's see if the idea sticks.

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted

No big surprise here as this morning's GEFS anomalies follow last night's ext EPS with ridging in mid Atlantic, NW/W upper flow and March going out unsettled with temps still below average. Hopefully not total grot.

gefs_z500a_5d_nh_61.thumb.png.acdf67b536a36ae9fec405f67ff51415.png

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Tonights longer range BBC forecast stops at Sunday and it looks fairly close to UKMO extended with a southeasterly a bit chillier but nothing desperately cold

ukm2.2018031812_168_lant.troplant_prp_fcst.gentracker.png.d4c435e09a362615d3fbfddbf6673c25.thumb.png.a491d6acf3856afc6790d8e1bfb38349.pngUntitled.thumb.png.14d691335992e901d72db7e9f32e4fe2.png

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Tonights longer range BBC forecast stops at Sunday and it looks fairly close to UKMO extended with a southeasterly a bit chillier but nothing desperately cold

ukm2.2018031812_168_lant.troplant_prp_fcst.gentracker.png.d4c435e09a362615d3fbfddbf6673c25.thumb.png.a491d6acf3856afc6790d8e1bfb38349.pngUntitled.thumb.png.14d691335992e901d72db7e9f32e4fe2.png

Nothing spring like also.

• Like 1

Posted

Interesting that this morning's ecm det. run has morphed into something like the EPS mean of last night. "Where will it all end sidney?" " In tears knocker" :shok:

ecm_eps_z500a_nh_11.thumb.png.32493ffe7a36fe5563f88a16e4b66e77.png

Edited by knocker

Posted
On 09/03/2018 at 19:54, SLEETY said:

We haven't finished paying for the last one yet. 

Posted

Concern is growing for the welfare of the latest offspring of the 'beast' who was born with a congenital condition. MOD Thread Winter Syndrome (MTWS) for which there is no known cure. It's feared that it's life will be but a couple of days and vigils are being held four times daily in this fraught period.

Posted

ECM has max. temperature of -9C for my location on Sunday with windchill of -20C and heavy snow. Thanks but no thanks. I'm in spring mode already :cray: