Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

I hear people screaming 'winter wonderland' and stuff, well, i'll get interested when this stuff is t+96 or less

The problem is, it soon won't be winter anymore, yeah, there is a chance for this winter to go out with a bang

My Champer's remains on ice for now

Hopefully, by this time next week.. the Champer's won't need the fridge !!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

The ECM 12z! Jesus Christ! If that verifies Sydney will have a heart attack!

Still the usual caveats apply when viewing the MAD thread:

ramp ahead sign-500x500.jpgtenor.gif?itemid=3557422

Edited by Ice Man 85
more to add

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Yea, I actually can no longer read that thread, as realism has given into mass hysteria on an epic scale. I’m not a doctor, but there’s something wrong with them. 

Edited by draztik

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
Just now, draztik said:

Yea, I actually can no longer read that thread, as realism has given into mass hysteria on an epic scale. I’m not a doctor, but there’s something wrong with them. 

Welcome back, friend! Not sure what to make of it myself. Been on the fence so long I've got splinters in my backside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Have to admit, that run was unreal. Probably literally. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Ice Man 85 said:

PWelcome back, friend! Not sure what to make of it myself. Been on the fence so long I've got splinters in my backside!

It’s quite apparent it going to turn much colder than what we have right now ... but these charts are not within the realiable yet we have folk behaving as though ice rainbows and apocalyptic snow drifts will descend on the UK!

good to see you posting, I can always rely on you to keep it real. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, draztik said:

It’s quite apparent it going to turn much colder than what we have right now ... but these charts are not within the realiable yet we have folk behaving as though ice rainbows and apocalyptic snow drifts will descend on the UK!

good to see you posting, I can always rely on you to keep it real. 

just so many flip flops between runs. ECM is (if you'll excuse the pun) the polar opposite of this mornings run which (from what I could see) showed barely any cold uppers at all right through. Going from that to -16's is a bit extreme!

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

The ECM 12z! Jesus Christ! If that verifies Sydney will have a heart attack!

ramp ahead sign-500x500.jpgtenor.gif?itemid=3557422

I have also stopped reading the other thread but just been having a closer look at the upper air profiles of the gfs and ecm and they start deviating quite early. Be interesting to compare the anomalies this evening.

Posted

Yes mass hysteria indeed, dare I say Express level. Only gives people let downs, especially those who don't happen to be in the south east.

Edited by parrotingfantasist
  • Like 2

Posted

Incredible  -16 850  hitting the east coast on the 18z. No way that will happen but worth another vino to take to comtemplate how awesome that is

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Some amazing looking charts for coldies, my only concern it's still a good few days away, enough time to go pear shaped. 

Posted

I am still staying on the side of caution. Charts still a long way out, cold may be on the way in, but -17. Really? 

EDIT: I take it back, just checked my local Netweather forecast....

Edited by RichmondWeather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

On the BBC Iplayer weather forecast. There seems a concerned tone to there voice for next week in terms of how cold it' going to be.

Just my observation.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

Some amazing looking charts for coldies, my only concern it's still a good few days away, enough time to go pear shaped. 

I suppose this time everybody incl models and weather agencies seems to singing from the same hymn sheet- just a question of how cold now and for how long

Posted

Tense but exciting times ahead.

We rarely experience what's being modelled here in UK!

Surely this can't go seriously wrong from here can it?

One things for sure, it's going to be a very long week waiting to find out whether the cold pool actually develops to the extent shown on most models and which area it will eventually envelop.

Posted

I don't want to sound like a wet blanket, but you guys need to stop and actually think about the ramifications of these synoptics on the countries infrastructure. Have you not been watching the news? Have you not seen the hospitals in crisis? Hate me if you must, but I am really hoping these extreme runs get watered down to avoid chaos.

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I don't want to sound like a wet blanket, but you guys need to stop and actually think about the ramifications of these synoptics on the countries infrastructure. Have you not been watching the news? Have you not seen the hospitals in crisis? Hate me if you must, but I am really hoping these extreme runs get watered down to avoid chaos.

To be fair I think quite a few people have made this exact sort of comment in the main model thread after this evenings GFS run. 

At the end of the day we're all cold weather fans, and the chance to see vast swathes of the UK buried in snow in a once in a lifetime event will always seem appealing, even if we are aware of the ramifications for industry, wild-life and infrastructure. The reload at T+362 was too much for me though. Give us the run up to that point then let the mild air win. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
4 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

I want it to be as severe as possible!!..haven't seen this potential for 8 years with too much mild dross in recent winters..bring on the chaos!!:yahoo::shok::drinks:

• Like 6

Posted
18 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

I want it to be as severe as possible!!..haven't seen this potential for 8 years with too much mild dross in recent winters..bring on the chaos!!:yahoo::shok::drinks:

Not for me, Frosty. Even I have my limits.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
5 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Not for me, Frosty. Even I have my limits.

Well regardless of whatever we wish happens the weather will do what it will do !!

• Like 4