Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
2 hours ago, sawan said:

Hi Knocker, two questions please; 

1. You don't post in the MOD thread anymore, used to like your unbiased interpretation from the charts

2. What is your take on the current developments. My take is that the current synoptic favour EC rather than GFS

Thanks

Unbaised ? haha a classic

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Heat
9 minutes ago, cobbett said:

Unbaised ? haha a classic

This is exactly what I meant from my above post, ban the 'one liner' nasty commentators. Before commenting on others please evaluate your contribution to the thread.

I am sorry Knocker, I shouldn't have asked you this in the first instance :sorry: 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

Handbags at the ready so my uncle Vera used to say.

Posted
23 minutes ago, sawan said:

This is exactly what I meant from my above post, ban the 'one liner' nasty commentators. Before commenting on others please evaluate your contribution to the thread.

I am sorry Knocker, I shouldn't have asked you this in the first instance :sorry: 

Not to worry as I find it rather amusing. Apart from the fact that being accused of bias in this forum raises the irony bar to unheard of heights it contradicts previous accusations of not being biased (refusing to accept that a cold bias in the mod thread was part of the ethos of the thread). I assume this is called Schrodinger's bias.

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted

I’ve been a member of the cold club for most of my life but I feel like one of those unfortunate football supporters who is passionate about his team but his designated seat is next to a bunch of  biased loudmouth drunks who shout everyone else down to get their POV acrosss. ?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Right! someone just asked me what will weather next week be like in Torquay? I said beast from the east with snow! probably go tits up now for northern half of the uk

confident though of beast/snow in Torquay, looks well placed, even with a crappy ECM

Posted
17 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

People now calling this unprecented when it is still 10 days out

#facepalm

Yup that comment took me a bit sideways. I'd love to see 10ft of level snow at sea level, icicles the size of cars and sub zero temperatures for days on end, However to predict that sort of thing at this point is a bit bonkers. There's good signals that we will start to feel the chill from Day 6 which is a good sign, but it could all still go mega tits up and be cold rain. 

What worries me more is people getting confident enough to tell other people, this is usually a sign of a tits up zonal run coming. 

• Like 1

Posted
58 minutes ago, knocker said:

Feel free to expand on that and point out where my recent posts, or indeed all of my posts, in the short range model thread are biased. After all that is the only way those of us who take the time to post can improve out contribution in a constructive manner.

Well true you're no more biased than anyone else but it was the inference on the previous comment that somewhow you're less biased than others.

Obviously you can't really have bias in the short term model analysis

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
3 hours ago, sawan said:

No body is surplus Knocks. It's such a shame that a few so called weather experts are bullies. A few years ago when I joined NW forum, it used be a much better place with no concept of using aggressive/abusive language. I know it's a lot of work but Moderators should filter and ban such people from posting. Please continue the great work there are still many who admire your skills and inputs :hi:

I think he's perfect where he is in the short term model output personally, where the good work is being kept up imo - realistic time frame weather with our very own presenter, I'll take that. :)

Not jumping on the cold bandwagon = biased :D

Posted
13 minutes ago, cobbett said:

Well true you're no more biased than anyone else but it was the inference on the previous comment that somewhow you're less biased than others.

Obviously you can't really have bias in the short term model analysis

Not that I'm bothered in the slightest but if you not taking into account my posts in the short mod. thread, where it's quite easy to be biased, then, as the post you quoted was referring to interpretation of the models, you must be talking about when I used to post in the main mod thread. So if I'm on the same level of bias as the majority who post in  there then I'll need to take a serous look at what I'm posting.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Danielvn said:

I made the mistake of posting in the model thread. Stupid me...

to be fair, i think the replies to your comment were civil and constructive. bearing in mind you mentioned people having "agendas" and "ignoring" the ECM. (which could have been construed by some as inflammatory). 

you are entitled to have a differing opinion and discuss it in the mod thread. yes there are some posters who will jump on you and try to be derogatory but that didnt happen to you this morning.

Edited by bobbydog

Posted

Right guys, i've mentioned to my friends that we could be in for some colder/inclement weather, so expect an early taste of spring next week.

• Like 1

Posted
40 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Yup that comment took me a bit sideways. I'd love to see 10ft of level snow at sea level, icicles the size of cars and sub zero temperatures for days on end, However to predict that sort of thing at this point is a bit bonkers. There's good signals that we will start to feel the chill from Day 6 which is a good sign, but it could all still go mega tits up and be cold rain. 

What worries me more is people getting confident enough to tell other people, this is usually a sign of a tits up zonal run coming. 

Yep, have family who have moved from London to the middle of nowhere on Eastern aspect of Dartmoor.  I'm trying to work out how to nudge them towards the wise buying/stocking of essentials as simple cold/ice will make travel problematic for them without mentioning the S word and putting us into mild SW's!

Posted
13 minutes ago, knocker said:

Not that I'm bothered in the slightest but if you not taking into account my posts in the short mod. thread, where it's quite easy to be biased, then, as the post you quoted was referring to interpretation of the models, you must be talking about when I used to post in the main mod thread. So if I'm on the same level of bias as the majority who post in  there then I'll need to take a serous look at what I'm posting.

Thats the spirit  - will leave it there then...

Posted
12 minutes ago, swebby said:

Yep, have family who have moved from London to the middle of nowhere on Eastern aspect of Dartmoor.  I'm trying to work out how to nudge them towards the wise buying/stocking of essentials as simple cold/ice will make travel problematic for them without mentioning the S word and putting us into mild SW's!

You don't. By the time it matters it'll be front page news. And if they can't be arsed to listen to that then that's there issue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, Tonyinhampshire said:

Just seen meto 10 day. No mention of severe cold in UK, just colder. Looks like the cold severe weather will go down into Greece, Africa. Almost March....

like EC then, nervy 12Z's coming up, will GFS trend towards EC? cannot see it the other way somehow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
11 minutes ago, Tonyinhampshire said:

Just seen meto 10 day. No mention of severe cold in UK, just colder. Looks like the cold severe weather will go down into Greece, Africa. Almost March....

Do-us a 'favour' tony.

Wack a link or some evidence up for that pal.

As all met-o, noise via 10-16dayer.. is well off course for how you have stated!!!

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Do-us a 'favour' tony.

Wack a link or some evidence up for that pal.

As all met-o, noise via 10-16dayer.. is well off course for how you have stated!!!

CD940EFF-648E-4844-A9F1-AA000F135D48.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
1 minute ago, Danielvn said:

CD940EFF-648E-4844-A9F1-AA000F135D48.png

Exactly- as it reads..

Some love the wind-up....

So goes completely against what tonyin hampshire alludes to.

Ta-for putting that up although obviously i already knew that...

That being my reason for requesting evidence to the former...

Met solidly on board.....