Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
8 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

ya don't get it matey, it's a joke meaning, hope it will never happen, meaning the E'ly

Thought it was, and fair enough :) I think if the Easterly does happen (not just one that’s weak and slack), it might as well be a proper one delivering deep cold and a snowy paradise 

But I accept it’s not something everyone’s looking for. 

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
Adding xtra stuff

Posted

Is it just me or is all this talk of incoming cold ( or potential of) on the models just keep getting pushed further and further back without anything actually verifying??....love to see the models churning out decent cold charts and the discussions that go with them....but they still seem to be just outside of the reliable and constantly remain so ( with many  respected NW members constantly posting charts that are between 5 to 10 days away that, as time has shown, very rarely if at all come to fruition) .even with a SSW thrown into the mix !....seems to be the story of this winter ( and many others over the past few years ! )....anyway..moan over..and back to the model outputs !!..enjoy your weekend folks...!!

Posted

It will be colder than average with the chance of some sleet or snow flurries. The usual suspects in the models thread are ramping things up to an unnecessary degree. And I think we know why but perhaps I shouldn't mention it here

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Will certainly be doing that, whatever the weather we end up having. I feed the birds all winter and through spring, it’s actually from late winter that they are most in need of extra food sources. Wilko’s sell big bags of bird seed for £1.50.

Pigeons absolutely love shelled peanuts and sunflower seeds, and its very good for them in winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme in Winter , Cricket Weather in Summer , Golf weather all year

Well I'm ready.....

IMG_3285.thumb.jpg.2bf6ca81b8f218696f30496a7a4a8a13.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme in Winter , Cricket Weather in Summer , Golf weather all year
1 minute ago, Deep Snow please said:

Got enough monitors?

Not really..

Posted
33 minutes ago, MarkM said:

Well I'm ready.....

IMG_3285.thumb.jpg.2bf6ca81b8f218696f30496a7a4a8a13.jpg

Talk about overkill :gathering:

looks like cold spell incoming now ,but too early to tell how severe it will become yet.

Posted
1 hour ago, Thinon said:

It will be colder than average with the chance of some sleet or snow flurries. The usual suspects in the models thread are ramping things up to an unnecessary degree. And I think we know why but perhaps I shouldn't mention it here

I have to ask .......... why??? :)

Posted
4 hours ago, Deep Snow please said:

I know that video's posted half as a joke bit some of the charts coming out, what point do you actually need to start removing snow from your roof? A couple of feet? Or as it freezes over?

Whenever you feel like breaking your neck I guess? :)

But seriously, I guess if there's more than 6 inches? Others can no doubt correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the car roof, you need to remove it all - don't leave any as it often then flies off onto the windscreen of a following car and you can be fined for doing that. That applies to the rest of the car too:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/snow-clear-cars-fines-points-licence-how-many-aa-a8102236.html

First though, a sufficient quantity of snow is required ....... :D

Just now, Buzz said:

Whenever you feel like breaking your neck I guess? :)

But seriously, I guess if there's more than 6 inches? Others can no doubt correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the car roof, you need to remove it all - don't leave any as it often then flies off onto the windscreen of a following car and you can be fined for doing that. That applies to the rest of the car too:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/snow-clear-cars-fines-points-licence-how-many-aa-a8102236.html

First though, a sufficient quantity of snow is required ....... :D

A well made roof would stand in excess of 2 metres of snow , though best remove it using Japanese navies.

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

A well made roof would stand in excess of 2 metres of snow , though best remove it using Japanese navies.

Given the "cheap and not to cheerful" building quality these days I doubt if many modern roofs could be described as "well made". I also don't appear to have any local Japanese navvies in my area, can you suggest a suitable alternative? :)

4 minutes ago, Buzz said:

Given the "cheap and not to cheerful" building quality these days I doubt if many modern roofs could be described as "well made". I also don't appear to have any local Japanese navvies in my area, can you suggest a suitable alternative? :)

Yes along with 2 metre deep snow ,Japanese navvies are thin on the ground around here too  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
17 minutes ago, Tonyinhampshire said:

Spring like in Hampshire today. I can smell the coffee...I wouldn't be surprised if predicted colder period goes south to France , Spain, and Africa, . We will get the cooler drizzle.

and here, great day for taking my 93 year old Nan out for a little walk! best day weatherwise for months! other than snow of course, 

beasterly so up in the air, GFS has it the other way, Scotland seems best placed, with deep FI, southern UK seeing Spring

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, JennyJane1 said:

Pigeons absolutely love shelled peanuts and sunflower seeds, and its very good for them in winter.

I don’t get any regular pigeons in the garden but do get loads of wood pigeons. They have to be the greediest birds I’ve ever seen! They cause so much damage on the allotment too, everyone there hates them and calls them flying rats, lol. Love robins and the different tits, sometimes get some finches and even had a red poll the other day.