Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
6 minutes ago, abbie123 said:

There really could be some Serious weather in South East England gfs ecm and many more met Office very cold temperatures and snow it’s about time us in South East England proper cold spell that’s if it comes off..:cold:

6BA5414E-41E2-46FE-8567-2672D2579D1C.png

42424BFA-1A84-41F7-A577-178EE4AE4098.png

154DB392-5927-415F-812C-E0359FA68948.png

11ACF27B-697A-4063-B09E-F7146297CBD7.png

It is about time for everyone to enjoy.i do hope this does not become a North/south

Bickering thread.yes we have had some cold spells here,but for my location snow has

Been pretty scarce.anyway it not a done deal so let' all sit back and see what unfolds.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing rain heat waves
14 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

It is about time for everyone to enjoy.i do hope this does not become a North/south

Bickering thread.yes we have had some cold spells here,but for my location snow has

Been pretty scarce.anyway it not a done deal so let' all sit back and see what unfolds.

C.S

Agree 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

BBC I player weather says Easterly next week and getting significantly clder. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
1 hour ago, Freezing-Point said:

This has been the best winter for cold, frost, snowfall for a long time.  To cap it off we may get a deep cold pool spell.  Whats there to feel deflated about?

it may have been a good winter for you lot up north but for us down south its been uneventful like the past few winters

• Like 1

Posted

At times I wish I never had twitter the misinformed rubbish that is circulated around. :wallbash:

On a positive note today’s model orotund has only enhanced easterlies taking a hold it’s gone from 80/20 for me therefore highly likely. ECM is the top model it’s time, it showed this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme warmth And Extreme blizzards.
5 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Cant help but feel deflated that this isnt December or january.

Sure, feel the same.

I have been hoping for a proper beast for 39 yrs. 

I cannot see anything serious happening now.

Damn easterly will come and give us a bitter but bright  spring. Hope it gives way for summer. Easterly summers are bad.Here anyway. straight of the sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

The time could be coming close.. to finally be able to hype... The Beast from the East

With the Met O forecast now mentioning the possibility of significant snowfalls, but still a lot of uncertainty, about where

Maybe for once, this one won't go down the sh.....oo-hole

Posted

Met Office & BBC Weather still seem very bullish about the outcome being some sort of Easterly by the middle/end of next week.

It's a long time since we've heard words like "winds coming all the way from Russia and Siberia' in a weather forecast for the UK.

How it all pans-out in terms of deep cold and whether it will result in a significant snow event is still very much open to question.

But, surely this is our best chance of something decent in terms of cold & snow for the snow starved cold lovers in SE England.

I just wish it had happened 6 weeks ago when the sun was in a much weaker phase!

Edited by snowblizzard
  • Like 1

Posted

All the good stuff is more or less ..........day 10 again lol.

Might get the beasterly in June lol. 

Posted

Yep deep cold pushed away on ecm,no ice days like yesterday’s run,if we are going to get this Siberian blast,then it needs to get a move on here.

March is fast approaching and the chance of bitter cold and lying powder snow diminishes pretty quickly here,better for further North of course ,but even the snows in mid march 2013,never stayed on the ground for long here.

Edited by SLEETY
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Downgrades on 00Z's, beast on GFS arrives in FI, Mon 26th, and past 240 on EC, deep FI, seem to have been here for weeks, beast is not getting any closer

• Like 2

Posted

Morning runs always downgrade for some reason it's the same most days. Then by the time time we get to 12s it will upgrade again. Just makes me wonder if it's to do with overnight data but it's clear most mornings downgrade.

• Like 1

Posted

That ruddy vortex still trying to scupper our cold easterly!!:angry:

GEM my pick this morning followed by GFS..

EC op might produce after day 10 but upto day 10 there is no significant cold showing..

• Like 1

Posted

Yep always the same,have a feeling this winter is going to go down as one that promised so much   In FL but actually delivered sweet F A for lots of people in the end 

Edited by SLEETY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing rain heat waves

At day 4-5 models are struggling to nail .    day 10 don’t bother taking seriously 

Edited by abbie123

Posted

To be strictly accurate the models never downgrade or upgrade as this is purely subjective and down entirely to the perception of the viewer. Which is of course totally objective and never influenced by irrelevances such as an irrational desire for cold and snow. For god's sake knocker what are you saying, get a grip.

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, abbie123 said:

I’m shocked that Some folks saying downgrades ..:rofl:

F7AB9F60-D1BF-41B7-A865-C7EF613AE068.png

EC is a downgrade?

No snow out to day 10 and beyond, colder yes, significant cold and snow, nope. The previous 2 EC ops were, lets see where it sits on eps..

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, 78/79 said:

40 years ago this weekend was the Great Southwest Blizzard, a howling Easterly Gale, and over a foot of level snow , together with enormous drifts .   3 weeks or so before my 18th birthday, Will we see a possible repeat performance  ?:D

Yes, I'm roughly the same age as you and I remember it well. Living on Dartmoor, we had lying snow for weeks and I remember driving through tunnels of snow high up on the moor, after the snowploughs had been through and the walls of white were feet above the top of the car. An incredible sight and the most snow I've ever seen in this country. Mind you I do live in the SW so that's probably not saying much.??? I do remember feeling really sad for all the poor animals stuck on the moor though. The last 'real' snowfall in my garden that didnt look like dandruff was 8 years ago. Surely we deserve a break? 

• Like 1

Posted

Temperatuur

De bilt.

A LOT more milder members than yesterday, looks to me like the colder members are dropping out compared to yesterday.

Think we need a pretty big swing back on the 12zs!

vast majority show + temps in the day and - temps at night , thats not going to be enough for a deep freeze at this stage of winter and thats for holland.

I do hope exeter have not over hyped this..

Edited by northwestsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Forget the SSW, I notice the SAE’s (Sudden Atmospheric Experts) are back, with all their knowledge surpassing those dolts at the Met Office.

Could they, perhaps, wait a bit and see how the SSW will play out? It’ll take up to another 10 days or so and models in that time will, no doubt, be flipping about somewhat!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

The thing for me is because this is a unique SSW, chaos theory is at a premium in the models....ensemble suites are flipping more frequently than snowboarders at the moment. It will settle down but I reckon with a second warming happening, the models are just spewing out what they can handle.....Interesting fun to watch but ultimately nothing to get too hung up about. If we get a very cold Easterley cool, otherwise I can get out in the garden an prepare for warm days an bbqs.

Ps. I've got to go buy myself a new iron today that's causing me a lot more stress!

Miss Entropy 

IMG_1672.JPG