Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
8 minutes ago, abbie123 said:

South East England looking cold meto could be on the money have you picked you  towel back up..:rofl:

To be honest i couldn't care less if the easterly happens have had endless snowfalls here all winter best since 2010 would take a nice fat uk high but if easterly comes I'll be happy also for the snow starved South East.☺

4 different events below there where quite a few more

20180212_085521.jpg

20171208_102530.jpg

20180117_215011.jpg

20171209_140134.jpg

Edited by booferking
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
8 minutes ago, snowice said:

Paul very strict tonight!Does he know how us  poor coldies suffer:hi:

NO! And that's cause enough to moan if nothing else is .... Boo Paul 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

fgs it's back on now is it, because the models have flipped again, flip flopping hell, they will flip mild tomorrow and everyone will start crying again, flip flopping joke

Posted
Just now, SLEETY said:

Erm what were most people saying about this cold spell, an hour or so ago was it not happening or something

:gathering::acute::rofl:

I didn’t realise that the charts had already verified...

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

Can I have a bounty lass ?

you can have a shed load, i'll meet you in manchester for the drop off:wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS
1 hour ago, ICE COLD said:

Yep I would bet my house , car , savings and my dog that the METO have it wrong . There is no way all off the models we can see have got this wrong , obviously except for the ICON. That's me done for this winter. Just everyone remind me next year not to trust the ECM , UKMO, GFS, all ensemble data , the BBC , the met updates , all the lesser crapy models or any off the telecommunications it's all a load off ? When it comes to predicting cold weather for the uk . Rant over , see you all next year . 

All bets are off until the morning , why did I bet all my life's belongings ??

Posted
4 minutes ago, ICE COLD said:

All bets are off until the morning , why did I bet all my life's belongings ??

Oh dear oh dear :rofl::gathering:

Posted
13 minutes ago, Danielvn said:

I didn’t realise that the charts had already verified...

No but as the met office have been very confident of this for days on end ,and all the tools and models they have access  to why would you back against them :gathering:

Edited by SLEETY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW ICE

I have a feeling all the models will go for the Easterly tomorrow just a hunch! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Always Snow.

I’m so out of the loop right now. Trust half term to fall on prime model watching week. 

Can some one sum up the past few days runs to me to save me having to read pages on the MOD thread?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW ICE
2 minutes ago, Jemma Croton said:

I’m so out of the loop right now. Trust half term to fall on prime model watching week. 

Can some one sum up the past few days runs to me to save me having to read pages on the MOD thread?

Easterly no easterly easterly no easterly and this evening easterly! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!
Just now, Jemma Croton said:

Confusing! 

UKMO was up for some quick cold, GFS was busy contradicting itself within +96, ECM fancied a bit of early spring. 

UKMO backed off, everyone called it quits, then ECM farts out another Easterly on the 12z.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

Sound I'll bring my tri axle lowloader :)

no brainer lol

21 minutes ago, Jemma Croton said:

not reading any of the posts will actually be more helpful than reading them:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and stormy, cold and icy!

Hi all, new to the forum!

Been reading these forums on and off for years. This month in particular really has made me chuckle with the way the models have continually teased over the last 3 weeks or so. In some ways it’s a bit like chasing a rainbow or seeing a mirage, with the models continually hinting towards something much colder at the same F1 plus timeframe. A lot of straw clutching amongst the more informed balanced views too. 

If we do get any cold, I’m sure it won’t be as severe as some say and more likely ‘a little below average’ for February rather than anything severe. Rain down south and on the coasts with some lucky areas more inland or higher up seeing snow. Perhaps a slack flow from the north / east will bring this rather than a raging easterly? I think some are talking with their hearts over their heads a little too much when factoring the SSW.

As my name suggests, I’d certainly be happy for something milder / warmer particularly as we are slowly moving towards spring. 18 degrees plus with a Fohn effect would certainly be a good ramp but equally wouldn’t mind something much colder, but I’m just not overly convinced it’s going to happen.

There could be a rare situation of a Ferrari or other nice sports car parked outside my driveway but it doesn’t mean I’ll be lucky enough to drive it. Could equally apply this theory to the SSW. 

Cheers,

Mr Bartlettazores. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

BBC Weather for the next ten days. Nick Miller says the models have thrown a bit of a “googly”, delayed onset of easterlies - “when, not if”. Strong statement!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/43080073

Edited by danm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather
2 hours ago, danm said:

BBC Weather for the next ten days. Nick Miller says the models have thrown a bit of a “googly”, delayed onset of easterlies - “when, not if”. Strong statement!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/43080073

I noticed that too....My Valentine's pressie to my dear children was for each of them, a pair of cosy waterproof ski trousers, I am always hopeful that this could be the winter we can have more than two days of snow fun. 

snow day.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Just want to make reference, to a post by winterof79, on the Mod Thread last night, that he thought the synoptic evolution expected, in the next week or two, was similar, to Jan 1987. I've been thinking the same myself. I have newspaper clippings of weather forecasts, from papers, such as The Times, Daily Telegraph and it's obvious, from the predicted outlook, that forecast models and the Met Office, were struggling big time, to come to a consensus. The further outlook changed 3 times, in as many days, from, "becoming colder ", to "becoming milder,  to "becoming colder " again!!

If you view the synoptic pattern, in the lead up to the Jan 1987, it's a very complex pattern, that developed. As now, seemingly, the appearance of an Arctic high, was involved, I'm not sure if there had been an SSW, though.

I'm not saying that an easterly, will definitely come to fruition but the dropping and picking up, the easterly signal and, like Jan 1987, suggests the models are having, a major headache, at the moment.

Nor am I expecting, any cold/snowy spell, that develops, will have as much impact as Jan 1987, after all we're coming to the end of Winter now, unlike Jan 1987!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1