Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I think at this stage in proceedings I'm changing focus onto spring warmth and the first plume of the summer.  large teapot predicted this yet again, of course8).

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

If we don’t get anything snow related within the next two to three weeks, then roll on spring! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
5 minutes ago, Banbury said:

Why do people just make a judgement on the Ops GO and look at the ENS

GFS again has some cracking runs in there, it does seem the end of the month and the start of March is the time to watch

The problem I have is stage 1 has failed. The shortwave hasn't dropped South and thus, the high just kind of sits over the UK not really doing much. We're now back to square 1 again with looking out into deep FI hoping something materialises for us. 

Meanwhile, the days are ticking on and we're getting further away from the coldest part of the year. The longer we wait, the better the synoptics have to be to deliver. Everyone is getting fed up of chasing phantom Easterlies, it feels like that's all we've really been doing this winter. The models have been absolutely abysmal this year, worse than previous years it feels. 

Edited by Daniel Smith
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 minutes ago, danm said:

If we don’t get anything snow related within the next two to three weeks, then roll on spring! 

Could not agree more want extreme s now either 15c and sunny or heavy snow and very cold. No 3c and heavy cold rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Pretty bored of this Winter now to be honest and just want it to be Spring. Just end up wasting lots of time chasing Easterlies and cold snowy spells in the Models (including to being addicted to reading all the posts in the main Model and Winter threads) that it distracts me from other stuff I want to tackle - such as going for walk, going to the gym, meeting people, playing video games. And even just monitoring what the weather is actually doing outside! Model output watching/monitoring becomes so draining after a while.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

Lets al cheer for the ECM it had this nailed 10 days ago it makes you wonder whats the point of al these other models which still couldnt work this out at 6 days what a waste of time and money pointless

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

As I said the other day these models are a joke tbh we waste so much time chasing the cold that pretty much always gets put back and the minute you post anything like this you get shot down but the reality is just that. It’s always at least 7 days away or if the cold makes it to under 5 days it gradually gets watered down. Sorry for moaning but we never learn. Just wait for the stonking runs that start from the 28th or so!!

anyway I’m sure I’ll be checking in here again later as I’m stupid

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Probably have my post removed from the model thred as iv moaned again. Bloody flip flop crappy models 

• Like 2

Posted
18 minutes ago, abbie123 said:

Met Office seem very confident colder temperatures end of next week and could we have flip with the models or is to late now ..

BBC news just said cold coming next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow
23 minutes ago, markw2680 said:

Probably have my post removed from the model thred as iv moaned again. Bloody flip flop crappy models 

Mine was just deleted and didn't appear in here there are plenty of other posts along the same lines in the model thread which have definitely been "overlooked" by the Moderators I think they pick and choose who to delete. It always seems to be that Paul Sherwood bloke

Edited by snowfish1

Posted
8 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

TBH as pretty as EC looks the 850s are very disappointing.

That said, we cant even get agreement for 96 hrs ..

Surely there would be a surface cold? Though I have to agree not the nicest uppers for such a chart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow freezing rain heat waves
4 minutes ago, booferking said:

Is it really that cold the westerlys this year have been colder??

South East England looking cold meto could be on the money have you picked you  towel back up..:rofl: