Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS
8 minutes ago, knocker said:

It's uncanny how the ecm repeatable shows why it's the top performing model. :)

Hallelujah

sq-1.jpg

This comment get shouted around this forum all the time . It is the top performing model , but that's on a global scale , you can't say it's the most top performing model for are area of the globe . ?

Oh and your squirrel my look like this if the GFS 12z comes off ?IMG_1390.thumb.JPG.368f3dae15be174c302f02c685b613db.JPG

Edited by ICE COLD

Posted
4 minutes ago, ICE COLD said:

This comment get shouted around this forum all the time . It is the top performing model , but that's on a global scale , you can't say it's the most top performing model for are area of the globe . ?

You are so right. The top performing model in our area is the one that gives the peeps what they want to hear but numerous scientific studies have, as yet, failed to pin one down.

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS
2 minutes ago, knocker said:

You are so right. The top performing model in our area is the one that gives the peeps what they want to hear but numerous scientific studies have, as yet, failed to pin one down.

? . That's very true . 

Posted
8 minutes ago, ICE COLD said:

Oh and your squirrel my look like this if the GFS 12z comes off ?IMG_1390.thumb.JPG.368f3dae15be174c302f02c685b613db.JPG

No, no, Sidney will be tucked up in the woodshed

2017920-sleeping-squirrel.jpg?cmd=resize

• Like 1

Posted

It has just been announced by the SSW committee that the ecm has been suspended sine die without recourse to appeal. It's continual refusal to accommodate it's clients and it's insistence on sticking to reality can no longer be tolerated.

R.I.P

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

The wrist slashing will commence in the mod thread within the next 48 hours or so. They're basing their hopes on a 2nd grade model (GEM), a good model that doesn't go out far enough (UKMO) and the GFS that doesn't have a clue (HUGE ensemble scatter). Today so far mirrors yesterday: 0 and 6zs were bad, but they liked the 12. Then the 18z was "dreadful". ECM has had 2 dire runs on the trot now.

Myself; I would take a degree either side of average. Knowing how poorly this cesspit of a country copes with snow, the thought of mass disruption is not very appealing.

tenor.gif?itemid=4655461

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
12 minutes ago, knocker said:

It has just been announced by the SSW committee that the ecm has been suspended sine die without recourse to appeal. It's continual refusal to accommodate it's clients and it's insistence on sticking to reality can no longer be tolerated.

R.I.P

We both know it won't happen. You have your knowledge whilst I have my undying cynicism. Still, rubbing salt in the wound with squirrel gifs isn't helping lol

Posted

It's starting to look like the bosoms are pointing vertically in the model thread. In the real world in the South there's no hint of winter, the sun is noticeably stronger and as a result I cannot see the cold being as described. 

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Chief Wiggam said:

It's starting to look like the bosoms are pointing vertically in the model thread. In the real world in the South there's no hint of winter, the sun is noticeably stronger and as a result I cannot see the cold being as described. 

There's a better chance of the pope appearing on Love island...

Posted
1 hour ago, knocker said:

R.I.P

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

The OLD ones are the best are they not

Posted

We'll soon see which model was right. Should the ECM flip back, then the Mod thread will be like this:

50yuyu29839.gif

And if it doesn't...

gJ4ZgD.gif

Place your bets, peeps.

Posted

In my eyes global warming has virtually killed our chance of ever seeing a 1980s style cold spell ever again.  Perversely it also seems to have killed hot and sunny summers with decent storms too!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

GFS again fantasy silly charts! EC looks more realistic, and is top model!

h850t850eu.pngECM1-240.GIF?10-0

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, DAVID SNOW said:

The ECM will now fall in line to the GFS, now that's funny.

most likely other way round

Posted
3 minutes ago, Nath said:

In my eyes global warming has virtually killed our chance of ever seeing a 1980s style cold spell ever again.  Perversely it also seems to have killed hot and sunny summers with decent storms too!!!

Always a sliver lining.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
24 minutes ago, Nath said:

2013 was good, and had the 10th hottest July on record. Summers since 2013 have been fairly good on the whole imo. Last summer was warmer and sunnier than average here.

I just hope 2018 breaks the curse of years ending in 8. The horror summers of 2007/2008/2011/2012 etc seem a long time ago now.

Edited by cheese