Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
37 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Poor ECM this morning.

Seems the models are not reading the script.

Not Exeters anyway..surely they will be stopping all this talk of easterlies soon as the PV looks to be stregthening out to mid Feb ..

Happy for those that get snow before the rain arrives thur...

Yet again im unlikely to see a flake as the gfs will likely be to progressive with tues front.

By the way, this is what ECM was showing last Sunday for this Sunday

ECM1-168.GIF?00

and the reality

ECM1-0.GIF?00

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The models may continually change output but it’s the same old moaning Minnie’s in here. Every day, without fail, whining. Would be nice if, for once, we could actually just try to enjoy what’s coming and not drag the whole world down in a sea of misery. It looks like a reasonable chance of many areas seeing at least snow showers with the longer range MetO outlook going for cold. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

The models may continually change output but it’s the same old moaning Minnie’s in here. Every day, without fail, whining. Would be nice if, for once, we could actually just try to enjoy what’s coming and not drag the whole world down in a sea of misery. It looks like a reasonable chance of many areas seeing at least snow showers with the longer range MetO outlook going for cold. 

Fairplay...the suicide squad are out in force atm!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
7 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Fairplay...the suicide squad are out in force atm!!!

Most of us like a moan occasionally about our shyte climate but I’m so effing bored of the same people whining endlessly on here. Every day, multiple times, since November. Time to take some happy pills lol.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Most of us like a moan occasionally about our shyte climate but I’m so effing bored of the same people whining endlessly on here. Every day, multiple times, since November. Time to take some happy pills lol.

Oi! Less of the 'occasionally'!:good:

Anywho, things are nae looking too bad - a bit of snow is better than no snow at all?:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
14 hours ago, Pjginger said:

Only a few days ago we had -10 uppers coming from both the east and northwest. How can it go so wrong:sorry:

Murphy's law.

Posted
On 29/01/2018 at 06:46, northwestsnow said:

Beginning to look like Glosea underestimated the Atlantic unfortunately.

The Atlantic just wont relent.

Id expect Exeter to revise their outlook today.. :-(

That was posted last mon after poor runs overnight sun.Just shows you taking op runs as gospel 5 or more days ahead is pointless,and also the other models the met use are really useful sometimes. Ecm was useless looking at what it predicted a week ago.

• Like 3

Posted

Looking on ukmo nothing wintry after Tuesday ,Icelandic low and Azores High look to be in charge bringing Westerly winds and only snow on high ground.back to chasing rainbows.Pass me a bucket:nonono:

Posted
4 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Looking on ukmo nothing wintry after Tuesday ,Icelandic low and Azores High look to be in charge bringing Westerly winds and only snow on high ground.back to chasing rainbows.Pass me a bucket:nonono:

Oh No!!! We should block the Azores High. 

Posted
12 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

With the ‘warm sectors’ still evident, I suspect most will end up watching week 2 with more interest than week 1

Oh right..sure i was slated earlier for suggesting the upper air temps wernt that good this week..

Posted

well i have to say this week is certainly not going to be as cold as some would hope i fear, temps back up by the end of the week, spells of rain during the week, but fingers crossed the following week will deliver the cold goods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Pardon me, but to me ECM and UKMO just looks like normal February weather from Wednesday? low after low and westerlies in charge, double digit temps at times then cooler/showery

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Have to admire the enthusiastic/deluded (delete as appropriate) posters on the MOD thread. Weeks of prolonged cold? Deep snow? Snow opportunities every few days? You'd have a better chance of a black female president being elected in america...

1-2 c either side of average will be the best we'll get after tuesday. Even that won't be cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
23 minutes ago, Fender.. said:

Major downrades this morning.   And back to square one. More disappointment  :wallbash:

Please back up you'e major disappointment with some charts so that we can muse over your findings.

Thanks.

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, knocker said:

I notice in the 10-15 range of the GEFS anomalies this morning signs of some amplification and mid Atlantic ridging :shok:

Is it Narnia yet?