Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
18 minutes ago, Snowjokes92 said:

My mum use to mention how when she was young in the 60s and 70s how the snow use to be really deep here in west yorks. Are the current models similar to what use to happen in the 60s n 70s with lows dropping down the country like in a battle ground? Thats all i can think how the snow must have been treacherous in those days, from organised, stalling fronts. A lot of people mention the snow been deeper back in those days.

We had 20cms of snow here in December. The best since 91!

My parents often mention the 80’s but I can’t even see this cold spell beating our snow cover of just a month ago! 

Posted
8 minutes ago, shaky said:

Hmmm very quiet in here!!its like the calm before the storm??!!anyway 12z gfs same as 06z up to 42 hours!!please nothing go wrong now!!

Lol  Seen The ICON  Shaky  might see a few flurries of snow on Saturday  Hopefully a nice start to the upcoming week 

Posted

Mexico beckons on Monday. What a fool i've been, as a severe cold spell (not snap) looks like hitting Blighty!:wallbash:

The wife doesnt care one jot; she loves the heat!:nea:

Posted

Talk now on the MAD thread of the front(s) early next week stalling.  Is this going to be the instance of rather than an easterly slowly correcting east and missing the UK and dumping the snow in Greece, it instead corrects west and keeps all the precipitation off the west coast or Ireland! What can go wrong.....

Posted

That'd be about right, a band of precipitation stalling between sources of cold air to the east and west and falling here as....

GFSOPUK12_129_53.png

...Rain.

If it wasn't so likely to be correct it'd be funnier!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Always Snow.

Tuesday is going to be bloody payday down here with snow by the looks of it. If the 18Z and 00Z continue this 9 run consistent trend then I am buying the kids a new sled tomorrow ? 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Bristle boy said:

Mexico beckons on Monday. What a fool i've been, as a severe cold spell (not snap) looks like hitting Blighty!:wallbash:

The wife doesnt care one jot; she loves the heat!:nea:

How long are you going for mate?

I ask because in my opinion I feel an even colder spell could occur from mid month.

• Like 1

Posted

Wouldnt be surprised if the front progged for next Tuesday (on current model predictions) actually stalls west of UK come next Tuesday. And then UK ends up in v cold, dry Easterly flow for a few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Wouldnt be surprised if the front progged for next Tuesday (on current model predictions) actually stalls west of UK come next Tuesday. And then UK ends up in v cold, dry Easterly flow for a few days.

Exactly what I think, models being too progressive for Tuesday

Posted
Just now, TEITS said:

How long are you going for mate?

I ask because in my opinion I feel an even colder spell could occur from mid month.

10 nights TEITS. I'm hoping the cold spell doesnt really 'deliver' in first week or so (selfish i know) BUT really gains intensity from Friday 16th Feb onwards:D.

Then delivers a Jan 79 snow- hammer blow to S England:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
58 minutes ago, swebby said:

Talk now on the MAD thread of the front(s) early next week stalling.  Is this going to be the instance of rather than an easterly slowly correcting east and missing the UK and dumping the snow in Greece, it instead corrects west and keeps all the precipitation off the west coast or Ireland! What can go wrong.....

Trend will be west, only Ireland and SW England to see snow Tuesday, many experiences of this, main example was 12 Mar 2006

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I can see a week off work by the wood-burner coming on, certainly far too cold to build anything:D

Posted

Where are these predicted low 850's (-10c/12c) coming from?

2 metre temps across Central & Northern Europe (except Northern Scandinavia) appear nothing to write home about!

01 Feb 2018.gif

Edited by snowblizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
2 hours ago, 78/79 said:

I can see a week off work by the wood-burner coming on, certainly far too cold to build anything:D

Bricklayer ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
5 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Below 2 0r 3 c he won't ,lol

LOL he best write Feb off then 

5B81EFA5-ADE8-4F28-9C8A-84EABABC8FE4.png

529862FB-01B7-4EC9-AE18-9C08CDCA80D0.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The chart posted by Nick below in the MOD thread doesn't look far off going by the beebs forecast this evening

2 hours ago, Nick L said:

Not to me...

5a735b540c8e1_Maps01-02-201818(1).thumb.png.1b35fa50c95fef90d1bd1ddd11001749.png

5757566.thumb.png.b579e731821bc1b0c8408556aab1a898.png

As it pushes further SE some places could see some snow late Monday night & into Tuesday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
30 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Same old faces that have been on there for years - will hand etc.  All what smartie said has been posted on here in the run up to this winter... but there you go :) 

At least he seems a decent poster with solid information...-

Whoa, what have I been saying, I must have been so drunk at the time as I can't remember saying anything lol :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
7 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

How can it snow with temps between 4-6 ,nothing like as cold as people are saying in the mod

For Scotland it is over the high ground where temps are naturally lower that shown in Kent would probably be more likely for the North Downs

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
20 minutes ago, shotski said:

Bricklayer ??

Yes,  I try to keep out of the really cold weather these days ,after 42 years on and off I  tend to feel it a lot more than I used to. Still enjoy it on the whole though:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Ohhh dear, woe on me, I mentioned the S words to some mates last night after a few pints in the pub, I just couldn't resist anymore. Nooooooooo!!!!:sorry:

It's the beer that did it.:drunk-emoji: