Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Always Snow.
1 minute ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

You won't know them. They are also amateur but very experienced. Anyway I might be wrong who knows. But caution is best until T72

Ahhh the reliable amateurs. Those are my favourite kind

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
2 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

You won't know them. They are also amateur but very experienced. Anyway I might be wrong who knows. But caution is best until T72

Its Piers Corbyn isn't it! Come on, you can tell me. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jemma Croton said:

My dog tells me it’s going to verify and he knows his stuff

Yes and the air on this chart is from Labrador.

IMG_3639.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow
9 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

The charts are showing a cold spell but I'm told by a couple of reliable weather guys that they expect them to backtrack in 24 hours. I'm an amateur myself but this is what I am being told 

It’s not Ian brown is it ?

wtf ??

Edited by snowbob

Posted
9 minutes ago, Seasonality said:

Its Piers Corbyn isn't it! Come on, you can tell me. 

I think it's Jeremy...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

-8 uppers aren't even that cold. 3 degrees for lower ground. Marginal for snow 

Gonna open a comedy thread..

You can have top headline -status-..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I'm no inspector clueso..... but do i detect a errr

Image result for Trolls

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
55 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

Give it 24 hours and we'll get a backtrack from the models. I'm predicting an Azores high with westerlies. Brief easterly for a day or 2 max then back to wet and windy weather

Well ent you a joyous chap, think you will be wrong very very wrong. Enjoy the cold as it’s coming

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow all the way
26 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

James Madden??

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

RAMP ALERT!!!

GFS6z showing snow across the country on saturday!!:yahoo:

Hi NWS - have you stated the correct day?  For sat all i'm seeing on the 6z gfs is sleet/rain for majority of Eng, with any snow confined to elevation (>300m north of the M4).  Tue/Wed next week however -that's a different matter.:)

Recently in Walsall we had rain all night, can't remember the date but in December. However South Birmingham had a good dumping of snow. Even with -8 uppers and heavy snow forecast all night. This is why I'm saying it's very marginal. We have the possibility of cold air streaming in from the west which isn't know for snowy conditions 

Posted
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

-8 uppers  which looking at the mean  shows from a easterly quarter  not cold?.  It can snow in that scenario from -2 uppers  Im a little confused.  you may be right in the downgrading of this event/period  however you analysis of the charts provided shows that with all due respect a pop into the learning thread may help.

Please please weirpig dont even bother entertaining this conversation!!i think he just trying to get a reaction out of everyone!!i find it quite amusing though lol!!spicing up the forum not that it needa spicing up!!but then again i could have egg on me face and it could all go tits up and walsall weather will be right!!

Edited by shaky
  • Like 4

Posted
28 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

Best caution an experienced amateur...?

Mind blown.

Back to the models....

2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

-8 uppers  which looking at the mean  shows from a easterly quarter  not cold?.  It can snow in that scenario from -2 uppers  Im a little confused.  you may be right in the downgrading of this event/period  however you analysis of the charts provided shows that with all due respect a pop into the learning thread may help.

Forget that I quoted that chart. Just generally talking about -8 uppers meaning marginal conditions. Not guaranteed a widespread snow event 

Posted
1 minute ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

Forget that I quoted that chart. Just generally talking about -8 uppers meaning marginal conditions. Not guaranteed a widespread snow event 

Is that how it is? You say that reliable forecasters told you of a model shift (Doesn't say the names) and you've been mild ramping in the face of unbelievable odds. What is the goal? If you are right I will eat my trousers ...

• Like 2

Posted

So you are not talking about what the models show then? I love a good theoretical discussion but it seams to me you are arguing against your own thesis.

For example "no one has claimed -8 850hpa Air would guarantee widespread snowfall. because even when you theroritally talking about something you need more than one parameters. 

Like the amount of precipitation around, no moisture no snow. Source of the air Be it Continental or Polar Maritime. Dew point, Surface temperature, Type of PPN (Continuous and heavy or Light and showery.

This is why we stick to talking about what the models actually show rather than talking about what you think your amature weather friends have told you think.

Edited by frosty ground
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
16 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I'm no inspector clueso..... but do i detect a errr

Image result for Trolls

Watch out for next weeks warm-cold clash...It's a berm!:D

I have looked at the models lol. And I have got opinions off other people lol. I fly out of the country on Saturday otherwise I couldn't care less what happens. To me the models show marginal conditions and with I believe further downgrades to come, it will be rain on this battleground event on Saturday. Anyway, most people think I'm chatting bubbles and just arguing for the sake of it. Like I said wait 24 hours

Posted
7 minutes ago, WalsallWeather123 said:

I have looked at the models lol. And I have got opinions off other people lol. I fly out of the country on Saturday otherwise I couldn't care less what happens. To me the models show marginal conditions and with I believe further downgrades to come, it will be rain on this battleground event on Saturday. Anyway, most people think I'm chatting bubbles and just arguing for the sake of it. Like I said wait 24 hours

23 hours t-23

Edited by Lampostwatcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
31 minutes ago, Biensie said:

James Madden??

Madden would be the opposite. 15 feet drifts in london and the channel freezing over......