Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Moans, Ramps and Banter

Posted
17 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

Given -guidance.. im not suprised with the upgraded, forecast.

And beleive me that met won't refer without...GOOD GUIDANCE!!

Well im not going to disagree T I..

I always put faith in Exeter..HOWEVER, they are sometimes slow to change their text even in the face of overwheming NWP evidence.

Unfortunately unless we see rapid upgrades across the 12z or at the latest the 00z runs that forecast is going to change

Fingers crossed..its all about 120-144 for me ..

:-)

• Like 1

Posted

What's the doom and gloom about?  I could be in with a shout to get my 10th air frost of the winter tonight!!  Exciting times....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

Well if there is anything developing in the dim and distant meteorological future, I hope it arrives mid-month at the latest.

I lose interest in cold weather events when I can still just about see the sun upon leaving work. That's the precise point I start looking for Spring warmth. 

Very scientific, I know.

Edited by Number 23
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
On 1/27/2018 at 00:59, SLEETY said:

How can you not like that lol

why go to Canada in the winter months if you hate cold so much:gathering:

i live in Canada i didnt come here just for the winter months

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Froth going on in the MO about potential Easterly.

Problem is it's at T+36244456772

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Beast from the east spotted by Nathan Rao! :yahoo:

photo-winter-lion-snow-hd-lions-wallpape

Oh wait...nevermind...:nonono:

cat-rain-kitten-hunting-10-17.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

GFS downgrading the chances of a longer spell of Feb cold again in the 12z run. By the time we actually get there we'll be basking in mild swlies

Edited by Kentish Man

Posted
1 hour ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Froth going on in the MO about potential Easterly.

Problem is it's at T+36244456772

I could only work out the date from 999999 days from now but that would be boxing day 4755

Probably downgrade to +1 uppers and rain by then thou :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Posting here due to 'Frosty ground' saying this is for cry babies so that's where I'm posting :)

12z a really poor run with a lot of energy in the northern arm of the jet if an easterly is what your after...really seems like bashing your head against the wall following the models presently. A lot of promises since after Xmas but delivering very little other than cold zonality if that's your thing.

Come back in April we'll have easterlies a plenty! (sobbing to myself as I type) - just for you Frosty ground.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not everyone's disappointed at the Scandi HP's imminent demise:

Image result for squirrel gymnastics

• Like 3

Posted
33 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Posting here due to 'Frosty ground' saying this is for cry babies so that's where I'm posting :)

12z a really poor run with a lot of energy in the northern arm of the jet if an easterly is what your after...really seems like bashing your head against the wall following the models presently. A lot of promises since after Xmas but delivering very little other than cold zonality if that's your thing.

Come back in April we'll have easterlies a plenty! (sobbing to myself as I type) - just for you Frosty ground.

Cold zonality is an over-rated commodity away from Scotland and higher ground in the north western half of England and Wales. Much of this month has been under that heading yet the CET is going to be 1C above norm.   

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
5 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Another winter destroyed by a disgusting PV over Canada/Greenland

Welcome to the large teapot.

I Gave up weeks ago,yes we might see a two or three day cold spell with some snow

For the usual suspects.Give it up mate and look forward to Spring.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted

I know that there's only a few weeks of meteorological Winter left but thinking about it don't we somewhat sell ourselves short by thinking of Winter as the period from the 1st Dec to 28th/29th Feb. 

In fact it could be argued that March is historically more wintry than December in the British Isles/ northwest Europe. And thinking how incredibly wintry late March 2013 was here as far south as the Midlands its well quite frankly guaranteed that such potential could possibly effect as far as the south coast in at least early or mid March, which makes me believe the potential (even if the odds start to decrease) is there for a pretty long time yet. 

And lets be honest we start looking, anticipating and to a degree half expecting wintry weather as soon as November arrives if not sooner in late Autumn, when historically we've been far less frequently impacted by snow than early Spring even, so I'm not willing to abandon hope that something special might come up just because we're almost in the final month of meteorological Winter. Mother nature has no idea or care for how we define things and if it should decide that its going to be very warm, cold or temperate it will do so with or without when or not we should decide or wish it ought to be and what I know is based on history is snow is possible for much further than the 28th Feb even and even that dates far to far away to make a weather forecast of, so all I say is relax for now the window of opportunity is still flung wide open.

• Like 2

Posted
49 minutes ago, cheese said:

I can't speak for everyone, and as much as I love snow, I'm just ready for winter to be over. I'm not getting dragged into any phantom easterly drama; it's just not worth it. March can certainly deliver in the snow and cold department but I would much rather have the sun shining and the flowers blooming tbh.

Each to their own obviously, but its not as if March is particularly close to Summer and in September say it's common for many to hope for a final spell of Summery warmth and sunshine before it generally becomes too cool for such so I don't see why there should be a sudden rush for signs of the other major season to start showing its hand 6 months later. Besides I'd rather have a cold snowy March followed by a warm and sunny Summer than a pleasant and sunny March followed by a drab and overcast Summer. Not that one should lead to the other but you take my point that even if March is pleasant it hardly has any bearing on when it should matter, i.e. in Jun/Jul/and Aug so there's no need to feel as if warm weather should start showing up too soon and with March been historically full of potential for harsh wintry weather, for those that enjoy such I just want them to realise that though in their minds Winter ends on the 28th/29th Feb, nature itself doesn't acknowledge that date and the potential in reality actually exists,at least a month if more after that date so in other words the annual window for when deep snow cover and sub zero temperatures is physically possible won't be over for quite a while yet.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: deep snow/warm sunshine

Winter is over! There I said it. Cannot believe what a crappy set of winters the last five including this one have been. Ha ho onto next winter with more hope and hopefully a decent spring/summer in the meantime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I fancy some spring now. Another let down of a winter with extreme disappointment tempered somewhat by the early December snowfall. 

Signs that the strat will crack mid Feb.. Odds on a cold start to spring must be shortening. On balance I wouldn't be shocked on a cold spring into cool, wet early summer transition. 

• Like 2